A bit confused by the timing

DogOn

Hi Folks,

I am a bit confused on the timing to start my plants go into the flowering stage..... If my strain says Utopia Haze with a Harvest theoretical day of 75 Days, when should I start going into the flowering stage?

I personally have kept in veg mode some Acid Dough strains way past their time and I can still see them grow stronger in Veg mode.... This makes me think if its worth while have them well way over their flowering time in Veg Mode to get super healthy and strong plants enter the flowering mode...

When is the best timing to change stages?

Thanks

Are the auto or photo plants

Switching to 12/12 is your choice entirely with photos, autos you don't switch.

Now some say wait till alternating nodes start appearing which shows sexual maturity
Also keep in mind the stretching in flower of 2x to 3x their current height, so in some cases a long veg can challenge the height in a tent

Yeah knowing if they are auto or photo makes all the difference. if they are autos they will bloom if you want them or not hehe.

I like to keep my plants in veg a little longer since i have a small box everything seems to be a little slower.

You can flip if you think they are ready for it. also a picture would help :thumb:

Have a great day :passitleft:

They are photoperiods definitely. Autos I feel I have no control on them entering the flowering stage. If the grower suggest 8 weeks til harvest, when should I start the flowering? week 4??

I would look at your plant. is it developed like you want it. if there are two small brenches on them you wait and if you think you cant close the tent you put them to flower :p its more a feeling then a hard rule. there are so many different factors like light, temp, humidity and more... therefore the indication is not a hard rule but the time it took for them to complete grow. also they tend to snoop a week off or so every now and then ;)

Like they said, you can flower it out any time you like, usually at the size one would like it to finish, when adding in strech....8weeks flowering is from time of flip but funny thing is, they usually take couple weeks off, (more sellable), so add extra two weeks, which is around the time they'll switch to flower (depending on maturity when flipped)

Back
Top Bottom