A closet in a league of its own!

khackylacky

HELLO FELLO POTHEADS! first off i wanna say thanx for taking the time to see what im up to! Lets get right to it.......this is not my first grow i was using 22 cfls for 700 watts until i decided to make the change to HID. i bought a 250w hps for super cheap and threw it in my closet, and it was doin fine until my girlfriend recently gave me an extra 3 feet of length in the closet. so my space went from 3x2x5 to 6x2x5. at this point i realized i would need some more light which would cause some heat issues. i would also need some good ventilation, as most closet grows dont include this very critical detail leaving them no option but to leave the closet door open. so what i did was make a cooltube for the 250w hps i have now, so when my 400w MH setup come in the mail, i'll be able to make a cooltube for it, and hang it as well.i also competely fabricated a wall out of cardboard that separates my grow room from my gf's tiny bit of closet space. for the time being i am only using two 120mm computer fans in this wall for exhaust but they are doin wonders. one simpy exhausts out hot air from my side of the closet, and the other exhaust hot air from my homemade cooltube. temps are super ideal, they bounce around between 72-78F. i should note that im using a table fan also, its sittin on a couple of shoeboxes pointing toward the open end of my cooltube. im also using 2 26w and 2 42w cfls...NO POPCORN BUDZ FOR ME!
HERE ARE THE SPECS FOR THOSE WHO DONT WANNA READ THRU THIS LONG ASS DESCRIPTION:
*250w hps in homemade cooltube
*2 120mm pc fans (they probably move somehere between 60-100 cfm each
*2 26w 3500k cfls
*2 42w 6500k cfls
*12in table fan
AND NOW FINALLY THE PICS:
photo-12.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-32.jpg

photo-52.jpg

photo-41.jpg

so i just ordered a 400w MH from htgsupply to mix up the spectrums, i also ordered a 400w MH eye hortilux bulb for it. i also found a great diy thread on the stanley blower that most hardware stores sell. alot of people say it is very similar to a dayton once modified. CANT WAIT TO GET THE GOODIES!

im a idiot...and stoned...lol....i forgot to mention that the strands we will be following is the church, grandaddy, and og kush! the grandaddy is the tallest, the church is i the front on the left and the church is on the right. as you can tell all plants have been lst'd, and i got a bunch of clones in my veg ready for flower but they're also waiting on the GOODIES!

lookin good khacky, I might suggest using only a 400 watt HPS, you might get into heat problems using 2 HID bulbs. I grow in an area about your size, a bit taller, but I use 1 400 watt HPS with a light rail and average about 4 oz a month

heat? thats the whole reason for cooltubing both hid lamps and buying the stanley blower. im sure heat wont be a problem. the guy that made the thread for the stanley blower was using 2 400's hooked up to the blower and had no problems with heat whatsoever.

The Dayton/Stanley Blower is a 'bang-for-your-buck" purchase...it moves much air.
The modification is easy and fun.

Best of luck!

thanx dog, yea the stanley only cost about 54 bucks and i heard it was about the same as a dayton...folks say it can move close to 250cfm

Lookin good mon

thanx for the support bro

When the time is right, trade-in the mirror behind the plants for some of that black/white poly, 6mil thickness if available (you can line 100 grow rooms your size with one roll). And when flowering begins, you have to make sure that those light leaks under and around the closet doors are sealed up.

Was just taking a look at your pics and offering some suggestions...

Grow that icky!

- Andy

that reflective material behind the plants is mylar my friend, and the mirrors on the outside are on the outside of the closet door they dont come off. and they're on the outside of the grow room so i dont think they will be a problem. but i definitely need to clean up those light leaks around the "glowing" closet

heat? thats the whole reason for cooltubing both hid lamps and buying the stanley blower. im sure heat wont be a problem. the guy that made the thread for the stanley blower was using 2 400's hooked up to the blower and had no problems with heat whatsoever.

thanx dog, yea the stanley only cost about 54 bucks and i heard it was about the same as a dayton...folks say it can move close to 250cfm

thanx for the support bro

Nice setup man.

Just because you cool tube it doesn't mean you dont have to worry about the radiant heat given off. Just a heads up.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom