A couple of grow questions, Please

alpha1

I'm brand new at this site and new to growing. I have a couple of questions and would be grateful if you would answer them for me. How long does it usually take a seed to sprout? It seems earlier in the season the seeds I germinated jumped up within a couple of days. However, they all croaked except for one sprout that is a little over two feet now. That said, out of six seeds planted in the last two weeks nothing has happened. I have three containers on the window seal and three out side. Question two: I'm in south Texas where the temps are in the upper 90s with humidity at about 50%. My plant is in direct sun for almost 6 hrs a day and seems to really enjoy it. Dark Green and adding about .5" a week. How much longer do you think it will be before it flowers and buds? Because we have mild winters here how do I keep the plant growing through winter? Sorry I got long winded I'm just attempting to be as clear as I can. Good Luck & Good Growing.

thats weird, most seeds will pop a root within a week. sounds like youve got bunk seeds or there could be something in your process that is wrong, but from what youve said it sounds like youve got germination right. are you keeping the moisture high around the seeds?
plants now are starting to gear up for flowering, they start flowering anytime from now to early august, depending how quick the days are shortening. as for keeping plants alive during winter, the best thing to do is keep the roots warm but this wont protect them from freezing temps. weed can grow in 50 degree temps but will be very slow and could result in plant death. if they do grow and stay alive, they will most likely go into flowering from birth and will have low yields.
hope you plant grows well and you get some bud from her:peace:

Can't tell you how much i appreciate your reply. As far as sprouting I think I know where I made the mistake. I used a root stimulator and my growing medium had fertilizer mixed in it. Also I have a hunch that the peat capsule was just to wet and rotted them. I don't what I'll do know because I'm using bag seed and don't have that many left. Man thanks again for sharing your expertise. Good Luck & Good Growing

Thanks for the welcome. What I want is to finish this growing season and observe the stages my plant goes through. Then I'll plan for the next growing season. As things stand today I think four plants would be the max I want to grow. I'm attempting to grow for my own consumption and maybe give a little bit away. So far I've only used bag seed but I don't object to buying on line. The only problem, it would be pretty easy to get ripped off. do you think all of the seeds would sprout? Do you think all of them would be females?

Thanks for your help - Good Luck & Good Growing

seeds from the 420time's sponsors are very good seeds and will produce great bud, that being said they are much more expensive than the bag seed you get for free.
for new growers its best to use bag seed to hone your skills and get to know cannabis plants more, that way if anything does go wrong you wont have thrown money down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom