Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage = Vegetation
If in Vegetative Stage = total Veg will be 7 or 8 weeks, Currently on day 9
Indoor or Outdoor = Indoor grow tent
Soil or Hydro = soil (coco)
If Soil... What is in your Mix = 70% Coco and 30% Vermiculite
If Soil... What Size Pot = 20L approx. 5 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light = 600w MH veg and 600w HPS for flower.. How Many = 2
Is it Air Cooled = Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet = Very unpredictable ATM :(approx 14 deg C to 27 deg C) awaiting room Air Con
RH of Room/Cabinet = 30 to 55%
PH of Medium or Reservoir = not checked the medium but DTW comes out at approx. 6.5 to 7.0
Any Pests = only my kids trying to follow me lol
How Often are you Watering = approx. 4L each every second day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used = CYCO as recommended from a friend and on a feed of 1/2 then 3/4 then full strength then repeat
Size or Square Footage of Room = 2.4m(W) x 1.2m(D) x 2.0m(H) currently i am only using half the room using the floor mat to section off the area and attempt to create more reflectivity?
Country = Australia

Hey Guys and thanks for having me here :thumb:
i have recently started my first attempts at a indoor grow and everything seems to be going great thus far:circle-of-love:... I am hoping to do a scrog as after reading a lot of awesome info on this site i am convinced that it is the way to go... But before i go out and purchase the materials i have a couple of questions????....
1) As i have grown from unknown bag seed I am expecting to get at least 2 or 3 turn male and as such i would like to know if it would be wiser to use individual screens for each pot or a single screen for all 5??? If i were to use a single screen how do i remove the males????
2) At what height would be best o set the screen above the plants????

I hope i have supplied enough info for you guys and would appreciate hereing your thoughts and experience

Thanks in advance
OzBuddy

Thanks for the reply tbonz I appreciate your help. Am I correct in thinking that I can not sex the untill I turn them to flower? If that is the case would it not be to late to then attempt to scrog them?

High OzBuddy m8t

Before buying some fancy screen see if anyone has something like sheep fencing around to use. DO NOT use chicken wire! As you are in Oz there should be rolls of sheep wire laying around everywhere for the taking. :)

Here's a pic of one of my DWC ScroG screens after harvest. To lead a grow tip across a large gap you just use some coated wire or long twist tie to bridge the gap and tie down the growing tip to that as it creeps across. You might be able to see a few bits of that in the pic. The wire is suspended from the legs with some bailing wire so the whole screen floats. I had it in rigid at first and as the branches grew upwards pushing against the screen the crotch split wide open! 8oz off that girl.

ScroG02.jpg

I wish I had used a bigger screen to be able to have a bigger yield but there's always next time.

If you put all the plants on one screen and need to get rid of a male or two you can just untie any branches and snip the stems to remove all the pieces. Short pieces of twist tie wire are great to tie the tip and branches to the wire. After a branch is a few inches long ones further back can be removed and used elsewhere. Don't twist the wire tight but just loosely fold it under the wire so the branch is held in a loose grip. Makes it easier to take ties off later too. Don't weave the branches up and down through the wire just tie the branches to the top. They keep growing in length and side branches off then will press up against the wire and be broken off.

Ideally, a separate screen would be best for each plant but as this is a bag seed grow and an experiment for you one big screen should do. When it comes to harvest time try to keep each plant's output separate so you can compare them. Would be good to get a couple of clones off each female too in case one is killer bud you can use a clone as a mother and get lots more clones off her. If you don't know how to clone this will be a great time to learn.

I keep my tub on a wheeled dollie to make it easier to twist and turn it to access the various spots I need to to tie down the various tips. Just plunk my boney butt down on a pail and have at 'er.

ScroG01.jpg

I would suggest that next time you are mixing up your coco you use perlite instead of vermiculite. Better drainage and air spaces than the other tho that has better water holding capabilities. Maybe a 50/50 split of both to make up to 40% of the total. I just use perlite when needed but the ProMix HP I use has plenty in it.

OzPosters.jpg

hey oz nice to have u here glad u chose 420 anyway sounds like u r headed in the right direction get the ac fixed and some known beans and its on and crackalating my friend u can let ur plants grow bout another month and pull small clones as soon as u put clones in medium put them directly on a 12/12 light regiment other then the 12/12 u treat them just like any other clone it will take 10 to 14 days and it will show sex not only will it show sex it will grow roots too and u will have usable clones but beware it is said high stress sexing will cause hermies

High OzBuddy m8t

Before buying some fancy screen see if anyone has something like sheep fencing around to use. DO NOT use chicken wire! As you are in Oz there should be rolls of sheep wire laying around everywhere for the taking. :)

Here's a pic of one of my DWC ScroG screens after harvest. To lead a grow tip across a large gap you just use some coated wire or long twist tie to bridge the gap and tie down the growing tip to that as it creeps across. You might be able to see a few bits of that in the pic. The wire is suspended from the legs with some bailing wire so the whole screen floats. I had it in rigid at first and as the branches grew upwards pushing against the screen the crotch split wide open! 8oz off that girl.

ScroG02.jpg

I wish I had used a bigger screen to be able to have a bigger yield but there's always next time.

If you put all the plants on one screen and need to get rid of a male or two you can just untie any branches and snip the stems to remove all the pieces. Short pieces of twist tie wire are great to tie the tip and branches to the wire. After a branch is a few inches long ones further back can be removed and used elsewhere. Don't twist the wire tight but just loosely fold it under the wire so the branch is held in a loose grip. Makes it easier to take ties off later too. Don't weave the branches up and down through the wire just tie the branches to the top. They keep growing in length and side branches off then will press up against the wire and be broken off.

Ideally, a separate screen would be best for each plant but as this is a bag seed grow and an experiment for you one big screen should do. When it comes to harvest time try to keep each plant's output separate so you can compare them. Would be good to get a couple of clones off each female too in case one is killer bud you can use a clone as a mother and get lots more clones off her. If you don't know how to clone this will be a great time to learn.

I keep my tub on a wheeled dollie to make it easier to twist and turn it to access the various spots I need to to tie down the various tips. Just plunk my boney butt down on a pail and have at 'er.

ScroG01.jpg

I would suggest that next time you are mixing up your coco you use perlite instead of vermiculite. Better drainage and air spaces than the other tho that has better water holding capabilities. Maybe a 50/50 split of both to make up to 40% of the total. I just use perlite when needed but the ProMix HP I use has plenty in it.

OzPosters.jpg

Thanks OldMed
thanks so much for all the great info i really appreciate all the help i can get i think just for ease i will use a single screen and attempt to keep them some what separated in it to make removal easier if i do have any males

again thanks for ur response

hey oz nice to have u here glad u chose 420 anyway sounds like u r headed in the right direction get the ac fixed and some known beans and its on and crackalating my friend u can let ur plants grow bout another month and pull small clones as soon as u put clones in medium put them directly on a 12/12 light regiment other then the 12/12 u treat them just like any other clone it will take 10 to 14 days and it will show sex not only will it show sex it will grow roots too and u will have usable clones but beware it is said high stress sexing will cause hermies

hey Mad
thanks for the welcome, i have learnt so much from here already and think that i still have so much to learn hahaha
I really like the idea of turning a few clones asap to see what happens, i had never thought of that

thanks again

20150821_201758.jpg

20150821_201919.jpg

20150821_201912.jpg

20150821_201858.jpg

20150821_215439.jpg

20150821_215454.jpg

20150821_215521.jpg

Here are a few pictures from tonight i decided i would do some LST and see how that goes while i sort out a screen
there are a few before and afters
I started these from seed and kept them in a seed raiser when they were about 5cm tall with only the water left and first real leaves i put them into the 20L buckets and began Nutes i did not count the first 9 days as they were so small and at day 9 under the lights i topped most of them (probably a bit early) so this is actually day 20 but for my purpose i am only calling it day 11
I think they are looking fairly happy so far although i am still working through some teathing issues
any feed back would be appreciated

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom