Should I start my flushing now or wait

Attachments

• 20190317_163047.jpg
    20190317_163047.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 20190317_163041.jpg
    20190317_163041.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 243
I've been saying this for years, flushing is one of those old growers tales that has become a cult.
It became so invasive many years ago, like when this thread was started, that anyone that dared to not bow before zod was deemed an anti-flushite and shunned.

The facts of the matter are if you want the best tasting, smoothest, cleanest burning bud then you grow 100% Living Organic Soil No-till, grow your soil and let the soil and microbes feed the plant exactly what it needs when it needs it.
If you force feed from a bottle bioavailable nutrients then you are just pumping excess nutrients into the bud.
There is absolutely zero need to flush a plant that's not being force fed. If you're force feeding it then just simply watering with plain water for a couple weeks might help a little but it ain't going to taste like bud that's been growing in LOS.

Then a proper cure that if done correctly should take about 10 days or more, this means a temp of about 68 degrees and humidity around 55% should take about 10+ days to dry.
Then cure in a sealed jar until the humidity stabilizes around 60% inside the jar burping daily until stable then toss in a 62% Boveda and store in a dark cool place that stays about 68 degrees.
After about 3 months cure you got as smooth and sweet tasting clean burning cannabis as you will ever smoke.
I don't flush because theres nothing for me to flush, the leaves still turn yellow, the mobile nutrients are still transported to the buds, it's part of the plants natural life cycle.

A nice melange of about 70% Hiydrow cured for 18 months, 15% Blueberry cured for 6 months and 15% Dark Devil cured 2 months. LOS no flush.
Taste kinda like a fresh orange with a lingering very sweet aftertaste especially in a vaporizer set to about 390.
Smooth as can be even in a joint, clean burning, very mellow.
If you want cannabis that taste like this then it needs to be nurtured from seed to stoned, allow the microbes to feed the plant exactly what it needs.
And then properly dry and cure.

Lol here comes the soil vs hydro jabs....

They're both good for different reasons.

i grew in the 80's and 90's and still remember it being a huge selling tactic to call everything hydro then. it's come full circle and folks now rave about soil lol.

i figger the terpenes and flavor profile comes thru better with soil. dunno if there's any truth to it tho.

There is.

to further confuse the matter a lot of the "soil" sold here is promix or other brands that are sold as "soilless", devoid of any nutrient or living component. then used in conjunction with what is always described as hydo nutes.

just look at it logically. In hydro, or soilless, all the plants get is what you provide for them in the mix. You make all the decisions and you give them clinically what they need, and they clinically adapt and produce what they can based on your inputs.
In soil, all of that is there and more. Amino acids, and every mineral known to be in soil. Complex molecules both living and inert, fungi, and microorganisms of so many varieties it would boggle the mind. The beauty of a proper organic grow is that none of the decisions as to what to actually feed the plant are made by you, the grower. They are made by the plant. If a plant has no artificial limitations such as imposed on it by a hydro system, why would it not be able to express its full potential? There is nothing to compare to true organic growing methods when it comes to being able to produce connoisseur quality pot. You can come close synthetically if you throw enough money and skill at it... but there is a better way.

to further confuse the matter a lot of the "soil" sold here is promix or other brands that are sold as "soilless", devoid of any nutrient or living component. then used in conjunction with what is always described as hydo nutes.
That would be what most refer to as Hydrosoil.
IMO a true living organic soil has to have what amounts to it's own little ecosystem.
Must be at least about 30% humus compost and loaded with microbial life, mycorrhazae, enzymes, probiotics, worms, and various pest management bugs such as predator Mites, Rove beetles, nematodes etc.
Then at least a thick mulch layer and preferably a cover crop of nitrogen fixers.

If you have to add nutrients that are bioavailable for the plant to use then you don't have a Living Organic Soil.

Well hydro was best cause it was grown indoors. But now people are growing soil indoors. Soil is a tad more prone to pest and diseases and can be tough for first time growers. Also doesn't yield as much. So I get why indoor industrial grows are hydro. No excuse to not soil outdoors though!

Well hydro was best cause it was grown indoors. But now people are growing soil indoors. Soil is a tad more prone to pest and diseases and can be tough for first time growers. Also doesn't yield as much. So I get why indoor industrial grows are hydro. No excuse to not soil outdoors though!

the single local "growers club", and 100% of the shops here, push the hydro-soil (HP promix etc..) as the easiest and best method, particularly to first time growers. but they don't call the system soilless, they refer to it as soil, inferring it has all the flavor and terpene advantages of LOS, or outdoor.

muddying the waters even further, they all preach the need to flush. i feel the system is more like a form of hydro, but everyone says "they are in soil". the majority of locals grow this way.

imo the industry itself creates this confusion in order to sell product.

the single local "growers club", and 100% of the shops here, push the hydro-soil (HP promix etc..) as the easiest and best method, particularly to first time growers. but they don't call the system soilless, they refer to it as soil, inferring it has all the flavor and terpene advantages of LOS, or outdoor.

muddying the waters even further, they all preach the need to flush. i feel the system is more like a form of hydro, but everyone says "they are in soil". the majority of locals grow this way.

imo the industry itself creates this confusion in order to sell product.
Very true! But promix is inert. Like someone said if your adding salt based ferts it doesnt matter if it is into straight water, coco, or promix.

It is confusing cause if your using doc buds hi brix or nectar of the gods. Its organics but not necessarily a living soil.

In a living soil you dont ph, you just water and trim cover crops. The microbes in the soil work in harmony with the roots and plant.

I always advocate that coco is easiest. I like it. If you find a good feeding regimen its forgiving and shows mistakes in days not weeks. Hard to over water and you get a lot of the hydro benefits.

I am mixing soil up today for outdoor. I like to experiment and encourage everyone growing cannabis to try different things. Everyone gravitates towards what works best for them and rarely do 2 growers use the exact same methods.

I can only grow 2 plants at a time so for me I want the best quality, and IMO nothing comes close to Living Organic Soil.
And once you get your soil set up and ALIVE which can take anywhere from a month to several months depending on what route you take, after that its basically just plant a seed water it and watch it grow.
No worries about pH, or nutrient schedule, or nutrient burn or deficiencies, just give it proper light and clean water.

So far every crop that I have harvested growing in LOS has been so laden with trichomes that I have given up using a grinder, it just turns into goo inside the grinder and comes out in little hash balls.
Have to use my trimming scissors.

Back
Top Bottom