A few beginner questions (Indoor Soil)

Leary

Hello everyone and thank you for being here :)

This is my second grow, but my first grow wasn't very serious
my first grow was just some bagseed I threw in my backyard
I actually harvested 3 plants and basically only watered them with plain water their entire lives lol (with the exception of the occasional miracle grow feed)
So this current grow is in a way like my first real grow
I am in need of some advice palease!

I have currently growing an approx 75-80 day old female indoors, that is about 20 inches tall. It is growing in a soil mix of soil and vermiculite (I was an uber noob when I made it so I don't know the ratios, I just eyed it) I plan on switching to 12/12 quite soon but there are a few questions I really wanted to get answered and clarified before I go into the beautiful budding stage.

I have looked around I'd say quite thoroughly throughout this website to try and answer these questions myself but I either can not, or I got many conflicting opinions that just confused me more. Please help me! :grinjoint:

Question 1.) How often should I be feeding my plant with nutrients?

I have heard some growers say once weekly
I have heard some say every time you water it should be with nutrients (I'd say I water 3-4 maybe 5 times a week so in my opinion that doesn't seem like a very good idea, but obviously I'm not positive)

Question 2.) I have been really confused about soil nutrient mixes
I don't know if I should be using grow with bloom or simply just bloom when I bud
and I have only been using grow for vegging but now I'm beginning to think I was supposed to be using a bit of bloom
So if someone could perhaps enlighten me with a feeding schedule (preferably for flowering, but a full feeding schedule for all stages would be great too) I would really appreciate it

Question 3.) Should I water with the first week of blooming nutes BEFORE my plant goes into the first night of 12/12 or like after? I'm assuming before but that question has also been mind boggling me

I want to switch to 12/12 tomorrow night or the next night so also any advice for pre-budding would be fantastic

Once again thank you so much for checking this out
:thanks:
:thumb:

Ok my friend the first thing you should do is get your self a journal going.I can not tell you how offten you should be feeding your plants becuse i do not know what type of nute's you are useing.I ues a three part system,that mean's one bottel for micro,one for grow,and one for bloom.Thay are mixed togther in diffrent raito's for seedling's,vegatating,and flowering.Now the brand i am useing says to feed once a week but i found that is to much so i go every other week while in veg and use a weeker strenght feed then thay recomend for flowering but i feed every week and water twice inbetween feedings.this is what i found works for me fo feeding.

I can answer your question a lot better if i new what brand of nutrient's you are growing with.As for you last question i like to feed my plant's one last week of vegatative feed when thay are put into flowering so thay have some extra nitrogen in the soil to work with.hope i was able to help some...peace

Question 1.) How often should I be feeding my plant with nutrients?

I have heard some growers say once weekly
I have heard some say every time you water it should be with nutrients (I'd say I water 3-4 maybe 5 times a week so in my opinion that doesn't seem like a very good idea, but obviously I'm not positive)
This really depends.. But what I did when I grew in soil is stayed with a feed medium strength every watering once budding started. I used Fox Farms Grow Big for Veg and Tiger Bloom for flower. I used RO filtered water so I also ran Cal-Mag.

Question 2.) I have been really confused about soil nutrient mixes
I don't know if I should be using grow with bloom or simply just bloom when I bud
and I have only been using grow for vegging but now I'm beginning to think I was supposed to be using a bit of bloom
So if someone could perhaps enlighten me with a feeding schedule (preferably for flowering, but a full feeding schedule for all stages would be great too) I would really appreciate it
In soil I run "veg" nutes or in my case Grow Big ans Cal-Mag after going to 12/12 (20ml and 5ml) per gal up until the plants transforms and you see the beginnings of buds. This is about 7-10 days into 12/12. Once bud form I switch over to Bloom or Tiger Bloom / Cal-mag (20ml and 5ml). I run this straight through until 10 days before harvest and I run straight water from there for the flush. Again I feed them every watering these strengths. You can get away with every other.

Also sounds like you may need to transplant up to a much bigger pot or bucket. The plants is going to quadruple in size in the first 3 weeks. If you are watering everyday now its because its close to rootbound. You want extra room for the roots to explode in growth. You plants will only produce so much if you dont have enough root space.

DO you have a pic of this plant?

Question 3.) Should I water with the first week of blooming nutes BEFORE my plant goes into the first night of 12/12 or like after? I'm assuming before but that question has also been mind boggling me
See previous answers

Thank you both very much

I think I have a pretty good understanding of what to do now but to answer your questions...

I have
~Pure Blend Pro Grow 3-2-4
~Pure Blend Pro Bloom 2-3-5
~Pure Blend Pro Soil 1-4-5

and this Hydroplex stuff (0-10-6)

I do not have pictures at the moment.

I have currently growing an approx 75-80 day old female indoors, that is about 20 inches tall. It is growing in a soil mix of soil and vermiculite (I was an uber noob when I made it so I don't know the ratios, I just eyed it) I plan on switching to 12/12 quite soon but there are a few questions I really wanted to get answered and clarified before I go into the beautiful budding stage.

:[/QUOTE]

Ok first off 75-80 days and only 20in tall? What kind of lights are you using? Or what strain because that don't seem right. And how do you know its female? I assume they showed pre flowers especially since the long long veg time. I was wondering after I read this. I would add info to this but it seems the other guys up above got that covered I am just high and curious how a 75 day old plant could be that small.

:

Ok first off 75-80 days and only 20in tall? What kind of lights are you using? Or what strain because that don't seem right. And how do you know its female? I assume they showed pre flowers especially since the long long veg time. I was wondering after I read this. I would add info to this but it seems the other guys up above got that covered I am just high and curious how a 75 day old plant could be that small.[/QUOTE]

I've only been using one HID light
I'm not even 100% sure how many watts it is but I think it is only a 250w
I thought it was pretty small for how old it is... but oh well I don't mind, the harvest is just for me so I'm just happy i'll be getting something out of it :)
and this is my first grow with good genetics since my last grow (and my first grow) was just some schwagg seeds I found in a sack so i'm very excited to see how this plant buds

Oh also i'm growing three tomato plants around my cannabis plant so they are probably stealing/fighting over quite a lot of light (especially since I only have that one light which I think is pretty weak)

So ya...

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom