A few browning pistils at day 31

mtlhead

I got hit with the northwest storm this week, been out of power (except for the generator) and heat for 3 days now. No doubt, the plants have been stressed, I've lost 9 of my 14 clones and the flowering mother is showing scattered browning pistils at day 31 of flower. They are scarce, but I'm wondering if the cold (65-70 vs 80-85 normal) and unstructured light cycle (still 12 on, but power-up has varied by 2-3 hrs over the past 3 days) is causing this to happen prematurely.

Well there really is no way to say for sure but it very well could be. Stress has been known to cause a lot of different symptoms to appear at different times. Just like it does to us. It's not good for plants or human. 65 to 70 isn't too bad of temps for cannabis. 85 is a little high unless your running co2, but 70 is almost perfect for it.
Must be nice to have a generator capable of running your grow. I only have a small 1850 watt one we use with the tent trailer for camping and it only runs a few lights and a small space heater on low. My babies end up doing without for flower or a small incadescence a few hours a day to keep plants in veg.
I think I need one that does what yours does.:cheesygrinsmiley:

This damn weather in KY is crazy. One day its 50 then 20 then 70 then 30. My plants seem to be growing slower, but they are still fine.

The generator is a 5000w and it's keeping the TV, Fridge, Stereo, & everything for my grow running w/ plenty to spare. Thank god for it, I've got plenty of stash but I'm expecting at the end of the year and it sure would suck to loose this grow. It's a some sort of Purple Kush out of Cali That I rescued from a buddy that burned the original clones (my plant in flower is the sole survivor of 10 clones). I guess a bunch of oldtimers refined the strain over the years and It does kick ass. Dude went down to his Bro's and brought 25 clones back on dry ice, grew 15 that were stolen days prior to harvest, and the 10 down to 1 on the remainder. I was able to take clones on day 21 of flower, but now I've lost over half due to this weather.
Since I don't know the strain It's too early to tell, but hopefully all ends well. I don't know how bad a bag of the seeds would be either, It sure would make the next grow easier for me, more plants too!

Everything pulled out great so far, she is getting sticky as hell and filling out pretty rapidly once again. we will just have to see when she's ripe just how much f a toll the weather took. As long as Mama keeps it up and the 2 surving (and finally rooted) flowering clones stay upright it's all good! For that matter, I could still take a couple more now.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom