A few harvest facts

safeman

Here are a few interesting facts:
1) hanging plants up-side down increase's potency ---More likely whole plant hanging slows the drying process and H20 lost therefore reduces loss of terpens\es and giving and better taste and aroma
2) Allowing an extended 24-48hr dark time - Many terpenes are voliated and exaporated when light are on; keeping the plant in the dark gives these delicate terpens a chance to make it to the drying room

Ref:MJBIZ DAILY.COM

36 hours of darkness prior to the chop is what I use... it really does add to the quality quite a bit. 24 hours is not enough and 48 shows little to no additional benefit over the 36 hours, according to my own extensive experiments.
just read a article and it says that longer flower times and dark peroids DO increases terpenes (ref:Marijuana Bussiness Mag and Maximum Yield Cannabis -recent issues Yea! 48hrs too long and 24hrs too short !!!!!! 36hrs the "sweet spot"

facts?? really,,

where is the scientific study pls,,?

36 hrs is so short a time to affect near anything,, imo,, my personal opinion that is,,

facts?? really,,

where is the scientific study pls,,?

36 hrs is so short a time to affect near anything,, imo,, my personal opinion that is,,
will get them (look at ref I gave in post) This debate has been going on for years dark periods vs no dark periods. My self have done both ways a- a dark period seem to give a MORE ripe plan be it 24hrs - 48hr. Don't do "them" now because of different genetics flower times (many different strains) other wise I would use "them." Have you here this one: a 24hr dark time in week 4 of flower will shorten your flower time ? So I use extended dark times when growing 100% sativa's (14hr daks 11 light, ect) also ther is a old method called the Green Latern Method ( diffferent light/dark times during a 24hr period or something like that (6hr dark 4hrs light and so on - way too much work) Bacically what we are talking about is Stress be it with dark times or dry plants and even supercroppiing/breaking/bending the branches to cause stress in the final two week before harvest ( a practice in South America) to increase terpene's/trichomes development - this debat has been going on for 15 + years !!! Answer: have not heard of many commerical cultivators that use dark time's mostly concerned with light pentration grows - some use just a blue spectrum the last two week before harvest to increase terpens', ect

Well, the same source who says that changing from metal halide to HPS doesnt change nothing (why dont they listen to Bruce Bugbee, a light scientist?)

Says dark period increases terpenes.

Well, there is a logic in it, but hey, flush had a logic for many years, and when real science kicked in, we realized most of us didnt need to flush.

Not saying this is a lie. Just that we urgently need some real science research on these procedures.

After ALL, a comercial grower does many observations, they have a Lot of plants. But real measured science with consistent replications and patterns is crucial.

How could a comercial grower say changing from metal halide to hps is Just a waste of time? This is pure broscience, a simples google scholar search would help these "professionals".

Well, the same source who says that changing from metal halide to HPS doesnt change nothing (why dont they listen to Bruce Bugbee, a light scientist?)

Says dark period increases terpenes.

Well, there is a logic in it, but hey, flush had a logic for many years, and when real science kicked in, we realized most of us didnt need to flush.

Not saying this is a lie. Just that we urgently need some real science research on these procedures.

After ALL, a comercial grower does many observations, they have a Lot of plants. But real measured science with consistent replications and patterns is crucial.

How could a comercial grower say changing from metal halide to hps is Just a waste of time? This is pure broscience, a simples google scholar search would help these "professionals".
how true !!!!

will get them (look at ref I gave in post) This debate has been going on for years dark periods vs no dark periods. My self have done both ways a- a dark period seem to give a MORE ripe plan be it 24hrs - 48hr. Don't do "them" now because of different genetics flower times (many different strains) other wise I would use "them." Have you here this one: a 24hr dark time in week 4 of flower will shorten your flower time ? So I use extended dark times when growing 100% sativa's (14hr daks 11 light, ect) also ther is a old method called the Green Latern Method ( diffferent light/dark times during a 24hr period or something like that (6hr dark 4hrs light and so on - way too much work) Bacically what we are talking about is Stress be it with dark times or dry plants and even supercroppiing/breaking/bending the branches to cause stress in the final two week before harvest ( a practice in South America) to increase terpene's/trichomes development - this debat has been going on for 15 + years !!! Answer: have not heard of many commerical cultivators that use dark time's mostly concerned with light pentration grows - some use just a blue spectrum the last two week before harvest to increase terpens', ect

Thanks !!!! great information !!!!!!! basicly it comes down to "stress" that we put the plant in - be it light - cutting the stalks (done in south america - forget the name of "method"))

Thanks !!!! great information !!!!!!! basicly it comes down to "stress" that we put the plant in - be it light - cutting the stalks (done in south america - forget the name of "method"))
I've read that (in S. American they break and bend stalks and branches before harvest to stress the plant and get the juices flowing). I wonder how they figured that out? Maybe an animal trashed their grow and after harvest those yields and flowers were more potent. I learn something every day.

I've read that (in S. American they break and bend stalks and branches before harvest to stress the plant and get the juices flowing). I wonder how they figured that out? Maybe an animal trashed their grow and after harvest those yields and flowers were more potent. I learn something every day.
they have been growing for centruies !!!!!!! ?????

"1) hanging plants up-side down increase's potency ---More likely whole plant hanging slows the drying process and H20 lost therefore reduces loss of terpens\es and giving and better taste and aroma"

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000% yes!!!

In my opinion, this is one of the most significant novels I've ever read because of the significance it contains for me. To help you with your research for this post, I've referred you to https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/nature/ , which has samples of essays. Here is a link to the webpage that I've included at the bottom of this article. This repository contains some of the most well-known and acclaimed student work. Achieving great results and getting high scores were both rewards for my hard effort. In my view, students who need assistance with their projects and homework assignments would be much benefited by this service.

I manage a large, legal, commercial grow ... well, part of it. I'm in charge of two rooms of 109 plants each, and the cloning for the whole operation of over 1000 plants.

When I make a change in something .. ANYthing, I make sure it's just one change.

Example: If I decide to change the feeding regime, I do NOT change ph, or room temp, or Rh, or anything else. If we change two or three things at the same time, and we get great results, how can I tell what caused those results?

I manage a large, legal, commercial grow ... well, part of it. I'm in charge of two rooms of 109 plants each, and the cloning for the whole operation of over 1000 plants.

When I make a change in something .. ANYthing, I make sure it's just one change.

Example: If I decide to change the feeding regime, I do NOT change ph, or room temp, or Rh, or anything else. If we change two or three things at the same time, and we get great results, how can I tell what caused those results?

Good SOP!

Here are a few interesting facts:
1) hanging plants up-side down increase's potency ---More likely whole plant hanging slows the drying process and H20 lost therefore reduces loss of terpens\es and giving and better taste and aroma
2) Allowing an extended 24-48hr dark time - Many terpenes are voliated and exaporated when light are on; keeping the plant in the dark gives these delicate terpens a chance to make it to the drying room

Ref:MJBIZ DAILY.COM
Well please correct me if I'm wrong. But from my experience, which isn't decades. I haven't seen any one discuss temperatures? But I was always under the impression that volatile terpenes evaporate at certain temperatures i.e. around 70F. I don't feel a 48 hr dark period does anything but Rob it of 2 more days of filling out n swelling.

Back
Top Bottom