A few HPS questions?

BlackTurboTeg

i have been using flouresnt lights but i was just given a 150 watt hps i will have every thing ready to put it in like 3 days . my main question is how far away should a hps light be away from the platns i know they can get got . and my other question is i have a 4ft tall 3ft wide by 3 ft deep grow room maybe a little bit bigger but i know that hps light will put alot of light out is that light to much for that room ( i hope not) i wil be up grading the ventalation also. and i know hps is better for budding but will is still work for the veg stage?

Re: a few HPS questions????

it will still work for veg. it will be cool for that size box just ventilation is key. it should be around 18 inches from the top. or just put your hand between the light and plant, if its hot for you its hot for your plant. make sure you wipe the hand oils off the bulb with a clean cloth.

thanks smokey once i get the ballast in i will be set and probally post some pics. i was going to probally keep them about 3 foot tall since my room is 4 and get tghem really bushy . or i was think of train them and bend the top .

my outdoor grow is doing good. they are stunted because of root space but i dont really take care of them. my hydro box is empty right now because its hot, so running a 400 watt hps will cause heat problems. i may grow a few using flouresents.

yeah it was hot as fuck. it was around 80-85 but there were some cooler days. but like i said ventilation is key.

Back
Top Bottom