A few issues

Fantomlimb

Hello all, first time grower. I know AeroGardens are not the best for this but I already had one and figured “why not”. I’m on week 3 almost 4. I had what I think was a calcium deficiency as evidenced by the necrotic lower leaves but it hasn’t progressed much since I changed to tap water. Was using distilled water without CalMag as I do not have any yet. Since then, newer leaves look great except for the slight curl downwards and those bigger fan leaves and very new leaves seem to be twisting slightly but still green.

My PH is kept between 5.5 and 6.5. My PPM at this point is 600. My water temps range between 65 and 80 as the internal pump heats the water and I’m forced to cool it through the day. It is set to run 10 min on and 60 minutes off. I have an external air pump connected to an air stone inside the res. I’m using Flora Gro series nutes and Hygroguard and have PH balancer made specifically for growing cannabis. I’ve also already topped her once. Any ideas as to what my issues could be?

Attachments

• 53AAC102-5463-4EDA-8634-F442219E4E4E.jpeg
    53AAC102-5463-4EDA-8634-F442219E4E4E.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 24
I should also mention I have no idea the strain or if it’s auto flowering or feminized. This was a random seed from a good bag I had.

So the way that this AeroGarden works is it has a reservoir for the nute solution and a pump in the reservoir that pumps water to drip onto the medium. It’s sort of a mix between a DWC and a drip system as the longer roots sit in the solution. The pump being in the res unfortunately heats the small amount of solution up as high as 82 degrees so I use a small ice pack to drop it back to 65 if it ever gets up to 80.

The humidity is around 47% - 51% through the day and air temp is 70-74. It does seem to be an indica strain though I wish I knew which one. One other question, when I get the CalMag, should I switch back to distilled or continue with tap? I have pretty clean water here, no heavy metals, and about 180 PPM TDS. 9.6 mg/l of magnesium and 31 mg/l of calcium.

Back
Top Bottom