A few questions - I'm in week 7

Mari ju ana

I am 7 weeks from terminated seeds went into the rock will and my DWC system. Lighting I have is a 400 watt HPS. I have 3 five gallon buckets each covered with 2 air stones in each. each bucket has a 2x2 and a 2x4 Air stone. I use ro water ph stays at 6.0. I do water changes every 14 days. I use Floragrow and Florabloom for nutrition along With wiltguard and calmag.
my seeds are femonized and auto flowering. And now with all that. I had some early on troubles I worked out. Water issues. All seemed to be going well. Ph stable temps ranging from 71° to 84° (over entire grow time) humidity 46% aver average.. I did no trimming during vegetation. I did super crop (pinched stems) and I pinched tops.
4 days ago I noticed the hairs.... The beginning of flowering. The are all flower now.
yesterday was water change day. As I moved the plants I found them to be to heavy with large leaves that they could not hold themselves up. This was on two of the three plants. I trimmed so they can hold themselves up and, well.... I don't know. They seem to be really long like they stretched for the light and i kept the light generally 18" -22" above the plants. I know I'm not gonna get any type of "harvest" out of those 2 plants although I'm keeping them going. I want to learn what I did wrong so that I can do better next grow. The 3 rd plant is bushy and shorter. Looks good. nothing was done any different with this plant.

I am 7 weeks from terminated seeds went into the rock will and my DWC system. Lighting I have is a 400 watt HPS. I have 3 five gallon buckets each covered with 2 air stones in each. each bucket has a 2x2 and a 2x4 Air stone. I use ro water ph stays at 6.0. I do water changes every 14 days. I use Floragrow and Florabloom for nutrition along With wiltguard and calmag.
my seeds are femonized and auto flowering. And now with all that. I had some early on troubles I worked out. Water issues. All seemed to be going well. Ph stable temps ranging from 71° to 84° (over entire grow time) humidity 46% aver average.. I did no trimming during vegetation. I did super crop (pinched stems) and I pinched tops.
4 days ago I noticed the hairs.... The beginning of flowering. The are all flower now.
yesterday was water change day. As I moved the plants I found them to be to heavy with large leaves that they could not hold themselves up. This was on two of the three plants. I trimmed so they can hold themselves up and, well.... I don't know. They seem to be really long like they stretched for the light and i kept the light generally 18" -22" above the plants. I know I'm not gonna get any type of "harvest" out of those 2 plants although I'm keeping them going. I want to learn what I did wrong so that I can do better next grow. The 3 rd plant is bushy and shorter. Looks good. nothing was done any different with this plant.
We'll need to see photos and stuff brother. Youve provided a lot of information but Im not sure what the problem is? Is it that they are lanky? Cant say its to much of a problem but as i said eeeeveryone heres gonna ask for pics. :D also are they different strains like some photo period and some autoflower? I think thats what i understood from it

Ok thanks.... I'll see if I can figure out how to get you photos...lol... All the same strain of mango auto flower fem...... I mean that's what I was told when I obtained them.

Here are the pics thanks for the link..... I have to redeem myself here i do have to say I have had several successful grows before but took a 3 year brake and built a house. All new conditions. Lol I'm just saying.

18" -26" is where I try to keep it.

That's extremely pretty high for a 400-watt HID, IMHO. Are you trying to cover too large of an area with the one light?

Speaking of light... I hope that you've just brought those plants out from your grow area to where you took the pictures, for convenience, and that's not actually the grow area. If it IS, those walls are probably reflecting (at best), 45% of the light that hits them, at a guess - and placing some kind of flat material that you can prime/paint with bright white paint and use for wall coverings would help quite a bit, IMHO (I can understand not wishing to paint the log cabin(?) walls white; and a lot of light would get reflected upwards by the curves in any case).

Try 14" to 16" (and that's not exactly close...). The "auto-flowering" factor will help increase the DLI - since you're giving them 18(?) hours of light per day instead of the traditional 12 (which is a 50% increase, of course). However, if your light source is too distant, your plants are going to s-t-r-e-t-c-h towards it even if you increase it to 24 hours (constant on).

12 on 5.5 off 1 hour on 5.5 off now flowering changed today to 11 in 13 off
Autos dont need the lower light cycle (12h or less) to form bud. A lot of people say you can just leave em on the whole time with autos but it is good to give ya plants a rest. This is why you can have autos all at different stages of growth. Thats some crazy light pattern though mate lol @TorturedSoul is right aswell if thats your grow space your lights getting sapped away by the walls. You need something reflective (not tin foil) or flat white.

Err... That's used to prevent photoperiodic plants from entering the flowering phase before the grower wishes them to, without having to use so much electricity on lighting. (The "out of sequence" hour interrupts the dark period.)

How is that supposed to work for auto-flowering strains which are not "number of hours of uninterrupted darkness" dependent to flower, lol? Seems like a recipe for skimpy plants and low weight harvests, to me.

The standard disclaimer applies, of course ("YMMV") - but I wouldn't use a light schedule like that for autos.

Err... That's used to prevent photoperiodic plants from entering the flowering phase before the grower wishes them to, without having to use so much electricity on lighting.

How is that supposed to work for auto-flowering strains which are not "number of hours of uninterrupted darkness" dependent to flower, lol? Seems like a recipe for skimpy plants and low weight harvests, to me.

The standard disclaimer applies, of course ("YMMV") - but I wouldn't use a light schedule like that for autos.
Thanks. Like I said I have had lots of successful grows with that light schedule but I'm now learning i need to try something.

That's extremely pretty high for a 400-watt HID, IMHO. Are you trying to cover too large of an area with the one light?

Speaking of light... I hope that you've just brought those plants out from your grow area to where you took the pictures, for convenience, and that's not actually the grow area. If it IS, those walls are probably reflecting (at best), 45% of the light that hits them, at a guess - and placing some kind of flat material that you can prime/paint with bright white paint and use for wall coverings would help quite a bit, IMHO (I can understand not wishing to paint the log cabin(?) walls white; and a lot of light would get reflected upwards by the curves in any case).

Try 14" to 16" (and that's not exactly close...). The "auto-flowering" factor will help increase the DLI - since you're giving them 18(?) hours of light per day instead of the traditional 12 (which is a 50% increase, of course). However, if your light source is too distant, your plants are going to s-t-r-e-t-c-h towards it even if you increase it to 24 hours (constant on).
i never did 18 light i was until yesterday at 13 on 11 off. Now I'm at 11 on 13 off. Yes this is the grow room and area. Yes log cabin. Will do white cardboard. Thank you. But y 2 plants not good and 1 good when all conditions have been identical?

Err... That's used to prevent photoperiodic plants from entering the flowering phase before the grower wishes them to, without having to use so much electricity on lighting. (The "out of sequence" hour interrupts the dark period.)

auto flowers light dosen't really matter and this is the light schedule i used in the past. So it was my starting point. It's like starting from the beginning again with my conditions so different . I went from a traditional house (with white walls) and city water to a log home with salt treated well water. So this is my trial batch here. Trying to fin e time this one so thank you for all your input.

Back
Top Bottom