A few questions

Why Doe

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to help out a newbie, I've done hell of lot of research and learned almost all that I can but most people don't seem to talk about these things

1. Do I measure PH on plain water then add nutrients or do I measure the PH with the nutrients already mixed or does it even matter. Also can anyone direct me to what my ph levels should be during the different stages? As different stages need different nutrients and the PH regulates how much of those the plant will intake.

2. Should I be transplanting to a bigger size pot throughout the stages? I planted my seedlings in 7 gallons which is what they are going to stay in for their lifecycle. I've heard that if you start in a big pot the plant will grow too fast which will decrease your yields when it comes to the different LST/SCROG techniques.

3. When should I flush? Obviously before flower and before harvest but any other time? Should I buy a product or just use water? Also does the water have to be the correct ph?

1. Measure and adjust the pH after you have added everything and are ready to feed it to the plant.
2. You can plant right into the final container if you want. That's less hassle and there is less chance of messing up during transplanting. There seems to be good evidence that starting off in a 12 ounce Solo cup gets the plant off to a better start, but I don't think it's a big deal if you are careful not to overwater. There is no such thing as a plant "growing too fast"!
3. If you choose to flush (not everyone does), you can do it when about 50% of the pistils (white hairs) have turned brown and/or 50% of the trichomes have changed from glassy to cloudy. Like everything else, there are differing opinions on this, but that's a good start. Yes, I think most people usually pH flush water (though at that late stage it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference.)

I suggest reading some of the grow logs here. You should be able to find logs that discuss any strain you are interested in. And have a look at YouTube.

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you very much, yes I've been watching so much YouTube, this stuff is just so exiciting with how in depth it is. I never had any idea how much it really takes.

We tend to hot-rod our grows to the n-th degree, but ya don't gotta. Seeds in dirt will do.

It is amazing (and a little overwhelming) how much information is out there now. When I started, all there was was a softbound, mimographed booklet that they kept under the counter at the hippy plant shop. ;) This is one case where things have gotten better! :)

Back
Top Bottom