A few smart Questions for the Wise

nadvida2007

1. I have a sprinkler located in the center of a 10 x 10 feet closet. I want to run one 400 Watt HPS system, will it set it off ???

2. How much more of electricity bill will I rack up if i use a 400 Watt system during 12/12 in a month period? and how many plants can a 400 watt system illuminate?

3. I just recently moved into a single unit appartment in the city. My first month bill came out to about 53$, it was pro-rated for 20-25 days since i moved in the middle of the month. Will running the 400 watt system be a wise thing to do.

4. two of my plants seems to be over-watered. What are the signs of overwatering and what can u do about it?

Sprinklers are set off by heat...like 1200 degrees F. Your room shouldn't get over 80-85 if you have good ventilation.

You hould be able to run 1000watts and not get noticed. So 400 is no sweat.

overwatering - stop watering so much, cultivate the top of the soil, and increase ventilation. Make sure you have adequate drainage.

10 by 10 1 400 watt hps hmmm might not be enough to cover the closet I got like a 4 by 8 closet and am using 2 400 watt HID's and it seems to be just about right to deliver the right amount of light my plants need

smokemagnet said:
10 by 10 1 400 watt hps hmmm might not be enough to cover the closet I got like a 4 by 8 closet and am using 2 400 watt HID's and it seems to be just about right to deliver the right amount of light my plants need

For optimum growth you need 50 watts HPS per sq/ft.
If you wanted to adequately illuminate a 10' x 10' space (100 sq/ft) you'd need 5,000 watts HPS, something I wouldn't recommend.

The number of plants a 400 watt bulb can support is determined by your grow method and the strain you're growing. For a standard grow, you could probably flower 2-4 plants. Maybe a couple more if you use low stress training. 8-10 if you do Scrog, and at least double that if you do SOG. Just my 2 cents.

smokemagnet said:
He wasn't asking about the growing...he was asking about consumption of power. :bongrip:

vintner said:
The number of plants a 400 watt bulb can support is determined by your grow method and the strain you're growing. For a standard grow, you could probably flower 2-4 plants. Maybe a couple more if you use low stress training. 8-10 if you do Scrog, and at least double that if you do SOG. Just my 2 cents.

Gotta disagree with you.
Marijuana growth is determined by the amt of usable light energy reaching the plant, NOT by grow method or strain.

RangerDanger said:
Gotta disagree with you.
Marijuana growth is determined by the amt of usable light energy reaching the plant, NOT by grow method or strain.

I happened to be answering part of nadvida's questions that no one else had gotten to yet. Your "amount of usable light" is already known. A 400 watt HPS. Also, IMHO, the method one uses to grow can drastically change how many bud sites are with in range of that usable light.

Back
Top Bottom