A few things for this first time grower

josh1987

I will start growing with in the next 6 months and there are a lot of questions i have.

The closet i will be doing is a 3'x4'x5' area. 2 chambers. hydroponic system.

Seeds: Do i want to put seeds directly into the 10" hydro pots or grow them in lets say red cups? I don't want to replant these things and damage them. When i do get the seeds, how far down do i want to plant them? If y'all cant tell i have NO horticulture experience. In fact I am kind of surprised i spelt horticulture right on my first try. lol. Where do i buy them? i know there are some online shops but i don't know how comfortable i am with that.

Lights: I have read like 5 or so threads of people's boxes and don't quiet know what type i need to use. Which ones in the top chamber and which ones in the bottom? Which watts and lumens? How many will i have to have? my plans are to have bottom chamber of lights hanging over on hooks.

Water: How often will i need need to water? I will have it on a timer. What type of nutrient? i haven't really read up much on what i need to buy but i thought i would ask anyway.

Soil: I know i will be using hydro soil but what kind? I have been on hydro sites a lot and realized that there are a lot to choose from.

I think thats all the questions i have for right now. I won't be able to start growing till after this work competition where i can win $1000. I'm best to win.

When and it will be will win this thing and i start to build the box i will start a new thread with pictures and links to videos. when i start growing i will start a grow journal with pics everyday.

Wow this thread was a lot longer then i thought it was going to be.

thanks y'all.

Please read before posting - Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

I would put seeds directly into ph adjusted light nuted soaked rockwool. Soil is no good for hydro. If you want seeds, check out the 420 sponsors located at the top dark green bar on the forum.

As far as lighting goes, I use fluoros for vegging and hps for flowering. The amount of lumens depends on the amount of plants you want.

You do not use soil with hydro. Most people use hydroton. I use the Fox Farm line of nutes - Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Both great for beginner growers.

Please read before posting - Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

I would put seeds directly into ph adjusted light nuted soaked rockwool. Soil is no good for hydro. If you want seeds, check out the 420 sponsors located at the top dark green bar on the forum.

As far as lighting goes, I use fluoros for vegging and hps for flowering. The amount of lumens depends on the amount of plants you want.

You do not use soil with hydro. Most people use hydroton. I use the Fox Farm line of nutes - Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Both great for beginner growers.

"I would put seeds directly into ph adjusted light nuted soaked rockwool."
What do you mean?

My idea for my setup is 4 plants in a chamber with the water source outside and a water pump pushing the water to the 4 pots. hopefully I wont need 4 pumps to do so but I am not sure. how often should i have these pumps going?

Back
Top Bottom