Pigeons 420 doesn't roam these halls any longer, but many of us still follow his beloved ass on YouTube. Admittedly, he's never been good at diagnosing nutrient problems. Watching his weekly garden update this morning my heart was wrenched at the sight of this suffering Afghan Kush.

image19785.jpeg

image19786.jpeg

He has no idea what the problem is. For that matter, I'm as lost in this field of diagnostics as he is. So many variables......

I thought maybe someone in these parts might recognize the problem and offer a helpful word. I know he uses Remo nutrients.

I'm following an impulse posting this. If anyone knows of a central thread where these things can get immediate attention I'm all ears. If not, maybe it's time for a diagnostics triage thread? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Anybody wanna volunteer? :laughtwo:

Love you guys. I'm counting on you. :hug: :green_heart:

I love diagnosing plants, but I'm having a really hard time with the quality of picture :(

I can see the patchy pale spots are forming on the outsides of the leaves and working their way into the middle. But I've never seen it before. Ill have a quick look.

Yeah.... Sorry about the poor quality. It's a screenshot from the video. The stress to the leaves with those white blotches is something I'd never seen before either.

His standard reaction was to either flush or increase nutrient levels. The plant appears to be fine, other than this leaf displeasure. She's trying to tell us something.

Thanks for your help. :hug:

Looks like a Cal-Mag issue to me.

But I have not done dirt in a long time now.

In DWC I would say it was a Cal-Mag issue like I have dealt with in the past It also fits with the stage they are in. About week 3 of flower is when it would show up the most from what I have seen.

In DWC it could come from not enough Cal-Mag or to high of a ph that locks it out also plants under LED tend to use more Cal-Mag.

Maybe a dirt person will stop by and take a look.

I think one of the things they use is Epson salts.

I would check the ph of some of the run off from watering that plant.

Looks like a Cal-Mag issue to me.

But I have not done dirt in a long time now.

In DWC I would say it was a Cal-Mag issue like I have dealt with in the past It also fits with the stage they are in. About week 3 of flower is when it would show up the most from what I have seen.

In DWC it could come from not enough Cal-Mag or to high of a ph that locks it out also plants under LED tend to use more Cal-Mag.

Maybe a dirt person will stop by and take a look.

I think one of the things they use is Epson salts.

I would check the ph of some of the run off from watering that plant.

Thank you Duke. That actually makes a lot of sense. The small town in Canada where Pigeons lives recently did an upgrade in the water system that threw off the ph levels for an extended time. This could be a residual effect. He's also playing with a new LED panel, his first, come to think of it. This may be the other part of the puzzle we hadn't figured out.

You've been very helpful. My heartfelt thanks. :hug: :love:

Let me go leave him a note whole I'm thinking of it. :battingeyelashes:

Epsoms is indeed what we'd use in soil. A good flush to get out the nasties would be in keeping too.

I'll pass this information on to him.

Back
Top Bottom