A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

Wow! All that pepper and still not hot enough for you -- sounds like my son @Liquidintel :drool:He wanted me to grow "ghost peppers" in the garden because habaneros weren't quite hot enough for him.

When prepping and chopping the peppers, I do go outside to do it because my wife gets pretty choked up from the fumes.

Yep, I had the fans on to blow fumes outside, but still had to evac. my family from the kitchen.

I probably should have done what you do, though, & have done the prep outside.

I thought the fumes would be worse during the simmer, but oddly, it wasn't at all intense.

Regarding the peruvian yellows: a fellow gardener told be they are sometimes sold as "lemon drop" due to appearance. Nothing remotely lemony about the flavor, though.

White Sage smudge sticks
20180930_113327.jpg
20180930_193546.jpg
20180930_200154.jpg

Penultimate harvest of Peruvian peppers & a few jalepeno…
Gonna make 'em into a Tabasco-esque sauce (vinegar, salt, tiny bit of garlic & onion
& a boatload of peppers). Already made one batch (now gone) about a month ago & it rocked!

Grow on!

Those peppers look great! :p
Hmm... making hot sauce - that sounds like a good idea. I've never made hot sauce with my peppers, but we eat a lot of it here (store bought). Gonna have to give that a try!

Those peppers look great! :p
Hmm... making hot sauce - that sounds like a good idea. I've never made hot sauce with my peppers, but we eat a lot of it here (store bought). Gonna have to give that a try!
Nothing's easier than salsa. It is so much better than store-bought, too, including better fer ya. Easier than jelly & less to clean up.
If you want any simple basic recipes, let me know...they're easy to tweak, too.

We are in the middle of an asp invasion.
My grandson got stuck by one and was in absolute misery for 3 hours. Beware. They are everywhere. And if you have been stuck by one of these then spread the warning.
20180928_170647.jpg

My grandson got stuck by one and was in absolute misery for 3 hours. Beware. They are everywhere. And if you have been stuck by one of these then spread the warning.
20180928_170647.jpg
WTF is that in the photo?

Yuuuup! Gotta love the south.

Haven't seen any here... yet

:passitleft:
Lived near D/FW metro for awhile. When I told my daughter about chiggers that seemed to convince her that she could never live 'round 'em. Never heard of an asp ('cept the snake)...good to know, I suppose...

I like 'em too, but my wife loves 'em.

Only thing I don't like about 'em is that every year the seeds have high mortality due to the X*&%ing squirrels. There's just too many of those fluffy-tailed rats here. Wish we had an owl and a pine marten!
The squirrels have made it on the news here. There's a population explosion. Lost all my corn and the sunflowers are a mess. They're now eating the spag squash and their seeds. They were cute now I have a different view of them. There is a raptor overhead daily I think is an osprey but could be a hawk. He's nice and fat!!

The bees also love the sunflowers. They'll overnight on the compound heads in torpor in the cool of the night.

I also grow huge lots of oregano because the bees love their flowers, too.

We should all do as much as we can for bees. They've done so much for us as species & in return have gotten the back of the hand, by which I mean nicotinoids, habitat destruction, etc.
Amen. We do owe them so much.

Beautiful pics BeezL I like the looks of that Mexican sage hmmmmm making my list for next year;)

Those sage sticks! DV those look professional lol mine are always loosy goosy

20180928_170647.jpg
It is a Asp. It turns into a huge ass moth. Horrid sting.
What tha actual F!! The hair on that guy!

Eeeeeeek I’m staying in my winter wonderland

Beautiful pics BeezL I like the looks of that Mexican sage hmmmmm making my list for next year;)

Those sage sticks! DV those look professional lol mine are always loosy goosy

What tha actual F!! The hair on that guy!

Eeeeeeek I’m staying in my winter wonderland
My caterpillar invasion is winding bown. Now it's a moth invasion. LOL.
Fraking things almost wiped out all my sprout.
BT and NEEM oil kill them frakers.

Back
Top Bottom