A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

Is that black beauty a pepper or eggplant? I have some black pearl peppers growing, nice looking plants new growth is green the rest of the leaves are black & grows hot little red pepper balls

Is this still going! ? Forgot all about this thread, especially when my peppers last summer suffered greatly from wayyy too much heat and wind ugh! This year's babies are started so hopefully I have better results. Maybe I'll throw up a pic when I get a chance, got some peppers, basil, chives and parsley going. Tomatoes in a couple of weeks.

Here's my little collection.. There are Carmen peppers, Mini bells, Flaming Flares, and the jalapenos are just coming up. Also some basil chives and parsley which was a grocery store find, just a little windowsill kit basically I figured I'd try since they were giving them away for 3 bucks. Everything is in coco and getting the Dyna Gro nutes so we shall see how that goes. All this is living under a couple of t5 florescents for now, seems to be doing the trick. Thinking about picking up a 100 or so watt quantum board kit and building a cabinet for these purposes but have a few other purchases to make first. Weather is crap here lately no chance of anything outside for a few weeks at least.
View media item 1674468
View media item 1674467

Got garlic, oreg, thyme, chives, & mint rolling along, but am gonna wait a bit to get toms & peppers in. Low of 39F last nite, which is why I'm waiting.

It's really been warming up here. 86F yesterday and today. Last night's low was 58F. :surf:

Anyone else get hit with this spring blizzard My peppers & other bedding plants survived so far temps when down to -10 c last night & we also had big wind. Said it was to go down to -5 or-6
Greenhouse went down to 3c
Tonight's forecast is -7c
some pics some of the petunia & bacopa are starting to bloom
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG

Few buckets of hot water will help the temps a bit.... hope those peppers survive the night
[/QUOTE
I have under ground heat but I might put some coals covered in ashes in an ash pail tonight

I think I was under feeding my peppers for a while they got pretty pale and flimsy. Upped the nutes to about 825ppm from 500 and they seem happier. Not sure how they like to be handled in coco/perlite! Gonna hopefully get them into gallon containers here soon though. It's probably a month till they can be put outside reliably though they have been getting some sun when possible. Gonna put most in the garden and a couple in coco outdoors I think. 5 more are up too, some mini bells and jalapenos. Also have a few different tomato varieties planted and a couple each of watermelons and canteloupe. That batch will probably end up in some sort soil tbd.
View media item 1677539
View media item 1677540
View media item 1677543
View media item 1677542

Hey cool a chilli thread ! Ive got some trinidad moruga scorpion seeds that im gonna start up soon so ill post some updates in here. Im a hydro grower though so ill be using coco and hydro nutes and chucking them under some blurples to see what happens. Grew 2 of them before on the windowsill for 18 months and they died within a week of going outside. Its bloody cold in scotland so im just gonna try it in with the ladies this time.
Are they photo period plants or just do their own thing? I never really paid attention the last time.

well never lost any plants due to the cold weather
Here's a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    837.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    679 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1357.JPG
    IMG_1357.JPG
    751.2 KB · Views: 31
Hey cool a chilli thread ! Ive got some trinidad moruga scorpion seeds that im gonna start up soon so ill post some updates in here. Im a hydro grower though so ill be using coco and hydro nutes and chucking them under some blurples to see what happens. Grew 2 of them before on the windowsill for 18 months and they died within a week of going outside. Its bloody cold in scotland so im just gonna try it in with the ladies this time.
Are they photo period plants or just do their own thing? I never really paid attention the last time.
Cool, my peppers in the solo cups are in coco /perlite. Never tried them that way before, usually just organic potting soil then plant them in the garden when around 8 weeks old... They seem to liking around 8-900 ppm and about the same ph as cannabis and maybe not quite as much watering. Still experimental here. Mine aren't the greatest looking mostly due to the lack of light I think. I have a bunch of tomatoes and more peppers using the t5 setup... Peppers seem to go on some kind of cycle, I've had them produce right up til a hard frost.
View media item 1680697
View media item 1680698

Back
Top Bottom