A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

Looks good. I've heard good things about cantaloupe :thumb:
I had one plant in the garden last year, and one watermelon.. No room for more as they get huge, probably covered a 7x7 foot area each in the garden. Anyways, they are indeed delicious, sooo much better than the supermarket ones. This year I'm going to cover their area with dark mulch as well just as I plant them.

I had one plant in the garden last year, and one watermelon.. No room for more as they get huge, probably covered a 7x7 foot area each in the garden. Anyways, they are indeed delicious, sooo much better than the supermarket ones. This year I'm going to cover their area with dark mulch as well just as I plant them.
That's exactly what I heard about the taste, how was your yield?

That's exactly what I heard about the taste, how was your yield?
I think we get around 8 or 9 pretty nice canteloupe and a few smaller ones. Hoping to get more with the mulch, keeping them watered was a chore last year due to the excessive heat and quick draining soil here.

Sup P, looking like a good spring and summer ahead for ya... I am having a really hard time getting my Melons going from seed this year.. Have the perfect landscape to grow, with the exception of none to plant LOL.. In NE so I am out of time to start from seeds... Maybe just have to go to the local Green house for some pick me ups... LOL Green days all

180 ground cherries
20190523_202128.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of seedlings! :bravo:

I was a little slow up potting the tomatoes and smaller peppers especially so they are a little pale but all good. Finally weather is looking up here 17 and partly or mostly cloudy. Good day for their first real outdoor experience.

Here's a quick update of my garden. I put all my tomatoes and peppers in pots this year so that my garden plot can rest and regenerate. I started all the tomatoes from seed, but purchased the pepper plants at my local garden center.
View media item 1684273
View media item 1684272
View media item 1684274
I'm growing four different varieties of tomato: Super Sweet 100 for salads, Health Kick for salsas, San Marzano for sauces, and Super Tasty for sandwiches.
View media item 1684275
View media item 1684276
View media item 1684278
View media item 1684277
This morning I noticed the first tomato and first pepper of the season! :yahoo:
View media item 1684281
View media item 1684280
View media item 1684279

Back
Top Bottom