A Good Old Fashioned RedHotChiliPepper Grow Off

Thanks for the kind words on the pie. Crust’s from scratch, too—I’ve been baking for more than 4 decades. The pesto (made from garden basil & garlic) pies have been even better, will post a pic next time I bake one.

@BeezLuiz, IIRC you make yr own pies, too, so post a shot if/when yr so inclined.

And kudos for sharing with the less fortunate. :welldone:
Thx!

I grew up in a rural area with lots of poor folks & life was rough for ‘em, as it is everywhere in the U$A w/out much coin. But if yr poor in cities, you’re basically screwed. I can’t fix much, but try to give folks some spot help. I sometimes give my homegrown weed to the homeless, too. Nope, won’t help much, but it doesn’t hurt for folks to have something to take away a bit of pain, which there's a lot of on the streets.

& laziness factors in, too. I’ve been too lazy to do preserves (though I am planning on making pickled hot peppers this yr, along with the hot pepper freezer jam using BL’s basic recipe—thx again amigo). It’s less work for me to cart produce to Meals on Wheels than it is to can it.

Sloth has its virtues.

Let's not give flowers the short shrift, bees love 'em.

Grow on!

Those are some of the prettiest sunflowers I've ever seen! :circle-of-love:

IIRC you make yr own pies, too, so post a shot if/when yr so inclined.
Actually, next Sunday I'm having family over for a pizza party. I'll be cooking pizzas for about 15 people - all on my outdoor grill. Will probably make a batch of dough for 18 pizzas -- hopefully I don't need to make that many! :snowboating: I'll try to get some pictures of the event.

Here's a couple pics of my pizza party. Homemade dough & sauce, and garden grown tomatoes, basil and oregano.
View media item 1708376
View media item 1708377
Pizza party 01.jpg

I use a mixture of unbleached flour and semolina flour, instant (bread machine) yeast, a little salt and 65F water. Make the dough one day ahead of usage so it can proof in the frig. One batch makes six 7-oz dough balls.

Here’s the pesto pie, made w/ homegrown basil & garlic, topped w/ homegrown toms & basil.

Last week, took my 3rd load of tomatoes down to Meals on Wheels. That’ll be about it for this summer. Will still be getting toms & chiles, but they’ll be coming more slowly as autumn tunes up.

The weather’s been a wet mess for almost 2 weeks , but I got some sunshine on a rainy day. Pesto again tonite!
These Peruvian yellows were pickled today.

Grow on!

That pie looks fantastic! I definitely want to find some Peruvian Yellows for next season's garden - those sound and look really tasty.

Pepper Harvest is in here are some pics Burning Bush Habanero & Black Pearl
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
Another two plants
IMG_1497.JPG

Jalapenos & Cayenne Chili Peppers
IMG_1496.JPG

Bell Peppers & Hot Hungarian Peppers

Got lots of other veggies as well as a 8 & 10 pound Water Melon , almost 300 lbs of cucs , couple hundred lbs of pumpkin Few hundred lbs tomato & still weighing the green ones. Have 60 lbs of green Plum Cherry Tomato
IMG_1491.JPG

Too Bad the frost & maybe snow is coming early

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    609 KB · Views: 25
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
Another two plants
IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

Got lots of other veggies as well as a 8 & 10 pound Water Melon , almost 300 lbs of cucs , couple hundred lbs of pumpkin Few hundred lbs tomato & still weighing the green ones. Have 60 lbs of green Plum Cherry Tomato
IMG_1491.JPG

Looks real nice :D

IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
Another two plants
IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

Looks like your from canada dairyland sour cream container gives it away
From the prairies ?

Me too
The white stuff is coming our way
R u making salsa ?
Did my run last weeek
No cucumbers are more my thing ,mom makes salsa & cans tomatoes
Sad winter bones are aching already
Glad the harvest was huge will make winter hibernation go easier
have to get to work on a press now