A Little Bonsai Tree

bipolar

I planted this about six weeks ago. I took a cutting off a plant that I was trimming and
rooted it and planted it in an Aero-Garden. It is Super Silver Haze.
I pruned it so it has four main branches its about eight inches tall. I switched the light cycle to 12/12 last night.
It can reach a height of 30" in the Aero-Garden. I'm using fishing weights to train the branches.

I changed the water this morning. Transition to bloom nutes and Sensizim.
ph is 6.0. I added a 1/4 teaspoon of H2O2 as well.

High bipolar, thanks for a good idea, I also use Aero Garden but as a seed grower, then I plant it in a DWC pot. Why have changed to 12/12? To have a bonsai harvest? Just curious ...

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-03 at 20.32.00.jpeg

Love the fishing weights, great idea!

How much space until that top reaches the top of yer box?

Gotta think that girls getting ready to stretch her legs,,,, hope you have a plan....

Got good internodle spacing.....

I can raise the light 14" still. I hope that's enough.
I could always bend the tops I guess if they run out of space.

Or maybe a quick (and dirty ;) ) round of supercropping before flowering really kicks into high gear? "They say" that this strain doesn't attain the height of its haze parent strain due to the inclusion of Northern Lights (and the Skunk, for that matter) genetics - which is probably true. But the two I grew were still pretty stretchy.

It'll help, in my opinion, that this is a clone from another plant instead of one of comparable size grown from seed. Seems to me that, on average, a plant flowered later in life can end up producing less stretch during the first ~40% of the flowering phase than one of the same strain and phenotype which is flowered much earlier in life. But that's just my opinion - I haven't really tried to test it, just made a few observations here and there which were flawed because more things tended to change than just the "true age" (so to speak) of the plants that were flowered. Also, I might (lmao) have jumped the gun a time or two and tried to initiate flowering before a plant was mature; in such cases, of course the plant would evince more growth "in flower," because it would not actually be in its flowering phase until it attained sexual maturity and was able to do so.

If you use different spectrum lighting for the growth and flowering phases, it might not be a bad idea to continue to run the growth spectrum lighting all the way through the stretch and then switch to lower color temperature lighting. I'm not real clear on that whole aerogarden thing, though, so I don't know if switching lighting is even an option.

Switching lighting is not an option.
On a previous grow I made an extension to the bar that holds the light.
I was able to raise the light another 3 inches that way.

I cut it down yesterday 133 days old.
I am looking forward to seeing how much it weighs when dry.

I weighed it after drying and removing the stems.
90.5 grams. not bad for a plant that was barely 12" tall.

Back
Top Bottom