A little girl who is rapidly changing our laws

WildRosebud

I would like to introduce Mikayla from Alberta Canada. She has received enough donations for her controversial surgery in Texas to remove a cyst in her brain.... She is such a beautiful and awesome little lady and her happy spirit really hit me in the heart not just because she is a local hero but because she is a part of the fight for proper access to medicine.

I am so happy we gave the $210,000 for her surgery before the deadline :)

There is 2 or 3 Mikayla's in a similar boat... It got a little confusing cus they look similar too :( one from Ontario and maybe one from Oregon? Each has a different story but all of them are fighting to live. I applaud all the Mikayla girls. Tougher than I am by far <3

Nice post Brother. Children touch our hearts more than anything-they have so much life ahead of them. :circle-of-love:

I would like to introduce Mikayla from Alberta Canada. She has received enough donations for her controversial surgery in Texas to remove a cyst in her brain.... She is such a beautiful and awesome little lady and her happy spirit really hit me in the heart not just because she is a local hero but because she is a part of the fight for proper access to medicine.

I am so happy we gave the $210,000 for her surgery before the deadline :)

Update on Alberta Mikayla , she is in pre op and sent us a video to let us all know she loves us. She is so brave I am praying for her surgery to go without incident. :)

Best of Wishes goes out to both mikaylas, best of luck to these little girls.. look forward to seeing her happy video!

I&i

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!

GREAT NEWS!!!

Mikayla is in recovery! I will cut and paste the update they sent us :)

"Mikayla has bounced back very well today, she got some rest and we will be moving out of PICU to a regular room within the hour, we are so very proud of her courage , strength and will"

There is also a picture of her showing her beautiful smile to let us all know she is doing well. I will not share it though for the families privacy. They do have a support page on facebook though. I hope one day Health Canada starts allowing more advanced surgeries locally. It was considered controversial to Health Canada and no Doctors here believed in this surgery....

I got a sh*t eating grin today , the update made my day :)

i have not heard anything of the mikayla in oregon other then the article they had in the magazine about her. the fact that main stream media still has a hard time covering this type of issue publicly makes it difficult for anyone to know what is going on. im also not part of the main stream social media networks so dont have a chance to try and find her on facebook. i to look forward to hearing a update on mikayla, maybe next months culture magazine will have an issue. still havent read this months, i will get on that

I&i

Thanks for the support all , today was apparently not a great day for her , I cut and pasted the update....

"We keep getting messages about updates so thought I should post one for today. Mikayla is not having a great day. She has only been up a total of five minutes all day. She is very groggy and nauseated. I am hoping some med adjustments will help. She is also backed up so praying for things to let loose soon. Its expected from all the narcotic pain killers. She doesnt want to drink or eat a thing so that has been a struggle. She is such a kind brave girl despite not feeling well. Refusing to drink for me but keeps apologizing for it. Love her so much and wish I could help her more than I am."

Sorry they did update I just did not get a notification , wheeeew! Good news!

"After a tough day, Mikayla's body has cleaned out and she is feeling a million times better! She ate supper, a lot of fruit and has had plenty of fluids. She had a nice warm bubble bath and felt well enough to go for a walk around. She even had fun pretending to ballroom dance and pose for some pictures! Feeling so blessed and hoping her recovery continues free of any bumps. Thank you to everyone for everything!! Our family could not be more grateful to each and every person that has touched our lives."

YAY! Another update and notifications are working in my feed again 'fist pump!!!

"Mikayla is having a great day! She is not allowed to get her head wet at all but she went for a dip in the pool and Sheldon and I are listening to the girls playing together and crafting. Music to our ears to hear their laughter."

Absolutely exciting news Brother! I'm so happy for her! Totally made my day! TY

YAY! Another update and notifications are working in my feed again 'fist pump!!!

"Mikayla is having a great day! She is not allowed to get her head wet at all but she went for a dip in the pool and Sheldon and I are listening to the girls playing together and crafting. Music to our ears to hear their laughter."

Back
Top Bottom