A little help planning my setup... 240w LED conveyor belt multi cab.Flowering related

Kandahari

Greetings wonderful people. I'm new, but would like a little help.

I am setting up 3 small cabs, 1 clone room with an unfortunately low roof (clones will be 6 inches max when they leave), 1 hypothetical veg/early flower cab yet to be built which I expect to run off 100-300w of CFLs I already have, and the final flowering room, 5ft high and 5.4 square feet with a decent light (250 HPS equiv. roughly I am hoping).

I want to use the middle cab to veg for 2-3 weeks and then flower out a minimum of 2 weeks (preferably 3-4 weeks) before moving to the larger cab with a better light. My problem is this:

Would using CFLs for the first say 4 weeks of flower (worst case with my longer flowering cross) lower my yield? To reword, is it necessary to flower the full roughly 8-10 weeks under your main light to get the max yield for space, or is the early stages (first 4ish wks) of flowering similar to the veg stage (in which an inferior light will do).

I'm trying to work out a way to get my meds from a minuscule space and wattage, with horrible heat difficulties, leading me to choose what I consider a proven LED array. I also am looking to minimize plant count. I do have many CFLs from the test I have done. But I have yet to build the middle cab. Actual HID is completely out of the question so please lets avoid this avenue, as is a second LED light at this stage with my funds. However I guess I could try a scrog and forgo the extra veg/early flower cab if this plan isn't a good one. I think this might yield more though. My most serious (and unchangeable) limitation is that I have to recycle air when I am not around... closed walk in wardrobe... lol.

Sorry for the long buzzed rant. Any comments appreciated. Any info I missed just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom