A little help with a fan and ducting

420Girl

Can I have your opinions on my new 4 inch fan please? I bought this off fleabay after the seller told me it would be fine to attach ducting to both ends. Of course when I unpacked it the power cable looks like it'll get completely in the way of any ducting! Do you know if there's any way around this? I've also bought a Rhino Hobby carbon filter which I'll be attaching the acoustic ducting to so I don't want any smell leakages.

Also do you think it's safe sitting in the sock at the top of my tent? I've pulled the drawstring in as tight as possible and at the moment it sits quite snugly in there but I'm a bit concerned about the vibration making it inch its way through the hole.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated! You guys are the only people I can ask for help with this stuff.

P1080410.JPG
P1080409.JPG

Pull cord through inside of ducting and cut small hole in ducting to pull cord through. Use tape for hole. Ez fix.
That will be on inside of tent when u attach that ducting.

For fan falling. Yes probably will fall.

Go to Home Depot they have these.

707d88c6e32b4b185509f38beec4ce8c.jpg

If you get too big of one it won't tighten down enough. Maybe a 6 inch will work you have a lot of tent material to go around with the clamp too. I would just clamp the fan and the sleeve with that clamp from Home Depot. Then one on other side of fan to filter.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

i have a 4" intake fan with 1.5ft duct into the bottom went hole of the tent, then a 4 or 6" exhaust fan coming from the top, use the draw string to clamp over the ducting instead of the motor.

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom