A little irony for everyone

HappyOneHit

Here's something I found interesting:

"The dubious honour of being the first person to be arrested under the [Marijuana Tax] Act fell to fifty-eight year old Samuel Caldwell who was tried in Denver, Colorado, on 8 October 1937, accused of selling a small amount of marijuana to Moses Baca, aged twenty-six." p.190

This passage is from the book Cannabis: A History by Martin Booth, St. Martins Press, New York.

Isn't it crazy that the first person to be arrested for marijuana was in Denver Colorado, a city that now has legalized the possession of and ounce or less? I'm really thinking that this is a wave of change, a "sign" if you will. Or maybe its just coincidence and I've got some pipe dreams going on, literally.:bongrip:

So they've had the longest experience with bustin stoners and just realized that much sooner that it's pointless.

^^ agreed. they arrest people for smoking a plant, something apart of nature. they overcrowd prisons for people that do no harm, while their are murderers and rapists out their who need places in jail

and god said "behold, I have given you every plant yeilding seed"

Back
Top Bottom