A Lotta Ins, A Lotta Outs, A Lotta Strands In The Old Duder's Head: Urban Grows Mad Stanky Dabs

Confucius used to say "that which is stored in a safe will only be used by thieves."
true, and a wise dutchman at work once told me "locks are only useful with law abiding citizens"

I am not going to put it in the safe, but it will be used sparingly. Cant have important items, like passports, reeking like cob lol

We are going to keep on rocking this 420 homage. No rest for the wicked.

:headbanger:

420 Sponsors & Contests

I believe in an unspoken understanding that sponsors want you to use their stuff and talk about it. So when I enter contests and win things* I make a note to deliver a reciprocation. A thank you. Eventually. It's not necessary from the sponsors perspective, but from a winner perspective it feels like one of those things we would do back when picking fleas off each others backs.

It is expensive and probably a bit unforgiving to be a sponsor, much of the time, with occasional pay offs that make up for it. Over my time here I have seen a lot of things given out by a lot of different sponsors. Including 420 magazines own gear, shirts, magnets, etc. Its pretty crazy when you think of what the price of a light can go for. You don't make money giving out products.

But If we don't use it, we lose it. Sponsors will fade if we don't participate and create activity and chatter. It is after all a form of advertisement.

Taking a few minutes to vote, or participate, in some of the contests would is always be appreciated by both the entrants, but also the sponsors. Some of you have some amazing plants, photos, etc. It should also be mentioned that throwing up names for member of the month is helpful to 420 mag admin.

Here are a few of the contests available to enter (or vote in):

The main contest forum thread
Plant of the Month - January 2020
Photo of the Month - January 2020
Nug of the Month - January 2020

The Photo of the Month is chosen by the admin. Here is December 2019 POTM

Here is a bit of a thank you to our sponsors. In true 420 mag spirit, much of the bud shown, and seeds won...were shared and spread around. So this little contest has resonated and reverberated, triggering new seeds poppers to arise.

Crop King Seeds
Sponsors come and go. Imagine my reaction when CKS stopped being a sponsor before I could grow their gear lol. Story of my life, and somewhat parallels this journal....these ATF x Stankberry have been in my possession for a while now.

Regardless of what I have heard, I have had good experiences with CKS. Their Crown Royale and CB Dream have been fantastic to grow. I have grown the CB Dream a few times. Its a great chill buzz, no anxiety, and a happy ending (nap). The Crown Royale was a beast. Sooo many tops. Great taste.

Part of me regrets giving away my last few seeds of Crown Royale to a keen grower friend of the wife. But there is a bigger part of me that is stoked that those will be good plants outdoor in that area. Yum!

I gave the main cola away for medicine, this pretty much all I have of my recently harvested CB Dream. It has a gentle smell, floral, hinting at those nappy time terpenes. Got some berry, nice frost, and smokes smooth. Such an easy plant to grow and great medicine 6% THC and 6% CBD.

Got some nice photographs from them. What I love to think about, is that this is all that remains of that plant, is an image. Someone smoked the rest.

Seedsman Seeds - Skunk #1
To me, when I won some Seedsman Seeds, it made sense to order @SeedsMan genetics. So I have quite a few of their strains. I grew out, and kinda tortured, some of this great strain. But, again, in true 420 magazine forum fashion...I gave some of these seeds to grow friends.

So lets take a look at some Seedsman Skunk #1 grown by two different people in different mediums and feed. Mine was lighter density, with a burnt rubber/diesel vibe. It was pretty decent. Vbergs was solid as a rock, seriously, good smoke. I think he nailed it, while my late veg poisoning...for lack of a better term...hurt the flowering.

View media item 1647364

View media item 1661314

I could also mention that as a Canadian I didn't qualify for a few shipments so I can't pimp their gear. But they are still great sponsor none the less. So that is my little tribute to the folks that give out so much free merchandise for the 420 magazine forum.

:adore:

Also don't be afraid to browse the sponsors and vendors on 420 mag. I picked up some sick Dr. Seeds genetics when they arrived and offered a buy 2 get 1 puck free event.

I picked up 5 fems of Gorilla Glue, 5 fems of Super Silver Haze, and 5 of these Moby Dick. Very reasonable price and I have seen quite a few nice plants come from their stock in 420 mag journals.

Best of luck to all entrants in 2020!

*It was one contest lol, but you get the point. As a side note, I don't want to have sponsored grow because I am anti authority by nature...lol

Exactly my thought. My family and neighbours deserve to be protected. We all do.

know our personal limitations. I did some replacing of receptacles and light switches last year. After a while I just said f-it. Brought in the pro to go over my work. I know its done right.

Thank you Flagg. Safety is important, a little preparation or forethought goes a long way. Hard to put value on something you prevented but dont know you prevented.
Dorn forget to check your led fans make sure they are spinning or fire hazard there . Try to keep outlets away as much as possible from electrical.
.one lazy mistake can cost. Safety should be all are number one well having fun growing our favourite magical beans

My two cents of the day Joe from the cheap seat of the day lol

We are going to keep on rocking this 420 homage. No rest for the wicked.

:headbanger:

420 Sponsors & Contests

I believe in an unspoken understanding that sponsors want you to use their stuff and talk about it. So when I enter contests and win things I make a note to deliver a reciprocation. A thank you. Eventually. It's not necessary from the sponsors perspective, but from a winner perspective it feels like one of those things we would do back when picking fleas off each others backs.

It is expensive and probably a bit unforgiving to be a sponsor, much of the time, with occasional pay offs that make up for it. Over my time here I have seen a lot of things given out by a lot of different sponsors. Including 420 magazines own gear, shirts, magnets, etc. Its pretty crazy when you think of what the price of a light can go for. You don't make money giving out products.

But If we don't use it, we lose it. Sponsors will fade if we don't participate and create activity and chatter. It is after all a form of advertisement.

Taking a few minutes to vote, or participate, in some of the contests would is always be appreciated by both the entrants, but also the sponsors. Some of you have some amazing plants, photos, etc. It should also be mentioned that throwing up names for member of the month is helpful to 420 mag admin.

Here are a few of the contests available to enter (or vote in):

The main contest forum thread
Plant of the Month - January 2020
Photo of the Month - January 2020
Nug of the Month - January 2020

The Photo of the Month is chosen by the admin. Here is December 2019 POTM

Here is a bit of a thank you to our sponsors. In true 420 mag spirit, much of the bud shown, and seeds won...were shared and spread around. So this little contest has resonated and reverberated, triggering new seeds poppers to arise.

Crop King Seeds
Sponsors come and go. Imagine my reaction when CKS stopped being a sponsor before I could grow their gear lol. Story of my life, and somewhat parallels this journal....these ATF x Stankberry have been in my possession for a while now.

Regardless of what I have heard, I have had good experiences with CKS. Their Crown Royale and CB Dream have been fantastic to grow. I have grown the CB Dream a few times. Its a great chill buzz, no anxiety, and a happy ending (nap). The Crown Royale was a beast. Sooo many tops. Great taste.

Part of me regrets giving away my last few seeds of Crown Royale to a keen grower friend of the wife. But there is a bigger part of me that is stoked that those will be good plants outdoor in that area. Yum!

I gave the main cola away for medicine, this pretty much all I have of my recently harvested CB Dream. It has a gentle smell, floral, hinting at those nappy time terpenes. Got some berry, nice frost, and smokes smooth. Such an easy plant to grow and great medicine 6% THC and 6% CBD.

Got some nice photographs from them. What I love to think about, is that this is all that remains of that plant, is an image. Someone smoked the rest.

Seedsman Seeds - Skunk #1
To me, when I won some Seedsman Seeds, it made sense to order @SeedsMan genetics. So I have quite a few of their strains. I grew out, and kinda tortured, some of this great strain. But, again, in true 420 magazine forum fashion...I gave some of these seeds to grow friends.

So lets take a look at some Seedsman Skunk #1 grown by two different people in different mediums and feed. Mine was lighter density, with a burnt rubber/diesel vibe. It was pretty decent. Vbergs was solid as a rock, seriously, good smoke. I think he nailed it, while my late veg poisoning...for lack of a better term...hurt the flowering.

View media item 1647364

View media item 1661314

I could also mention that as a Canadian I didn't qualify for a few shipments so I can't pimp their gear. But they are still great sponsor none the less. So that is my little tribute to the folks that give out so much free merchandise for the 420 magazine forum.

:adore:

Also don't be afraid to browse the sponsors and vendors on 420 mag. I picked up some sick Dr. Seeds genetics when they arrived and offered a buy 2 get 1 puck free event.

I picked up 5 fems of Gorilla Glue, 5 fems of Super Silver Haze, and 5 of these Moby Dick. Very reasonable price and I have seen quite a few nice plants come from their stock in 420 mag journals.

Best of luck to all entrants in 2020!
Man those are some intense reaching fans bro. :popcorn:

.almost looks in the one pic like either nitro def on lowers yellow fans with green viens?

Or light fade but with them praying like that man I think good things are to come for you bro.

Dorn forget to check your led fans make sure they are spinning or fire hazard there . Try to keep outlets away as much as possible from electrical.
.one lazy mistake can cost. Safety should be all are number one well having fun growing our favourite magical beans

My two cents of the day Joe from the cheap seat of the day lol
never have enough safety tips lol. thanks man.

Man those are some intense reaching fans bro. :popcorn:

.almost looks in the one pic like either nitro def on lowers yellow fans with green viens?

Or light fade but with them praying like that man I think good things are to come for you bro.
yeah that was pretty impressive. Looking back, that one skunk was in a big 32 gallon container (2 plants per container), with no real good drainage. That was the real issue In the end I think. I wonder if I have that soil pick of me dumping that bin...

Check out the root ball on this lol. Soil food web was great. Lack of oxygen and draining not so much. I will be doing a special post on my soil and the folks that are connected to that.
View media item 1746146
Any issues you see in those photos are long gone.

yeah that was pretty impressive. Looking back, that one skunk was in a big 32 gallon container (2 plants per container), with no real good drainage. That was the real issue In the end I think. I wonder if I have that soil pick of me dumping that bin...

Check out the root ball on this lol. Soil food web was great. Lack of oxygen and draining not so much. I will be doing a special post on my soil and the folks that are connected to that.
View media item 1746146
Crazy cooler rootball. Must have been a couple beasts of plants. Well done

Crazy cooler rootball. Must have been a couple beasts of plants. Well done
In hindsight, some of my best plants. I grew clover as a top cover that round. If a guy, or gal, were to drill a bunch of holes in them, and use big drain trays to ensure you water correctly....they would be great. Those bins grew the CB Dream, Skunk 1, and Crown Royale.

But again, I will drop that journal post before long, its been a long road on the soil front and there are a few people to talk about.

View media item 1746146
Add bit of coco to it ,? Coco holds ,27-30,% oxygen .,?

Add bit of coco to it ,? Coco holds ,27-30,% oxygen .,?
I added a brick during some point. Washed and such before adding it. Cant recall when that was and if it really impacted the soil. Mostly due the quantity of soil I had versus the brick that was added.

:passitleft:

Friend mentioned this as a good book. I am about half way through. It is pretty well written. Breaking down all sorts of cool stuff.

View media item 1746166

Basically we all (humans, tribes, nations) cooperate because of made up rules. We agree to follow them. There is order and stability. Complex societies can start to form.

This is what seperates us from monkeys. We learned to lie, or believe in things that aren't real.

We created everything from spirits to language to human rights to religions. They are all just beliefs we agree to accept, or not accept.

Play history over 1000 times and we could have 1000 different results.

Pretty good read.

This popped in my head because I got an email from Teddy

I think my IG username was removed from my signature. Didnt even cross my mind it could violate some rule when I put it there.

But it made me think of the rules. That book. Why we follow rules and guidelines and basic etiquette.

We accomplish much greater things when we work in unison following shared values

I'll be watching quietly from the cheap seats.:nomo::ganjamon::goodluck:

Howdy Urb
Nice content! Loving the variety up in here. Thanks for keeping it rich. Yes promoting sponsorship is key. Spreading awareness and knowledge is what brought me here. Not long cocking buds, that's just the bonus of learning from these folks. :high-five: to er one
:passitleft:
Thanks bud, kind of been away for a while (content wise) and have a bit of stuff to unload. While at the same time I have a lot of stuff going on so it looks busy right now. Yeah, without this forum I wouldn't be as successful as I have been, its a feedback loop.

I'll be watching quietly from the cheap seats.:nomo::ganjamon::goodluck:
Glad you made it CM. Feel free to pop in and out, share at will. I am excited for this grow. I expect some wonderful colours to come out.

I really do have a lot of stuff to puke into this journal. Current shenanigans, things that I have been doing and not posting here over the last almost year, and then summarizing various things I have learned here.

Don't want to blow my whole load this early into the journal!

But I have things on the go. First, the babies are a week old and looking normal. I have learned that incremental increases in pot sizes is critical for my root development. So they start here. Getting a nice rhythm in the soil, wet/dry.

Wont be hearing much about my cob making after this. I have resealed up the cobs for a cure. At least a month before I crack open a bag to inspect. Closer to 3 before they are really ready. So my entire harvest of Mulanje x Swaziland can be boiled down to this small amount of product.

Before sealing it up, I of course had to sample, Its part of the foodie in me. Taste while you go. A small dried end snipped off. It crumbled in the mouth, grassy as expected, but a bit of flavour there as well. Lemon or something. Could be in my head. Typically takes 30 to 45 minutes to kick in. Fire in the hole...and then I went shopping lol.

I have known that to make better songs, I need a midi keyboard, not so much for being a DJ, But for chords, simple melodic tones, and adding a snare or hi-hat to shit without taking days on the laptop keyboard/mousepad. I am not musically inclined, if I haven't repeated that enough, but anyone can play the theme from Beverly Hills cop. Try entering those notes one by one with a mouse or on a laptop, then try it again on a keyboard...thats the issue that this has eradicated.

Its not an expensive pro piece...but then...I am putting pan flute solos to pictures of weed. So...whatever lol.
View media item 1746353
Also stopped by a local shop to pick up some backup buzz caps, essentially so I don't go eating a bunch of cob that really isn't ready yet.
View media item 1746354
Good times.

Came home and took a peek in the flower tent at the CKS Candy Cane auto. All alone in the tent but looking pretty good for what it is. Nice colour fade settling in. Dense buds. Gonna be tasty.

I took a photo of the CC leaves. One with a leaf blocking another leafs light, and the other of what the shadowed leaf looks like. Neato.

Great journal UA and those Mulanje x Swaziland sound incredible I will have to look for some next time I order seeds I Love a good Sativa Buzz so that is right up my ally. I am also interested in making Cobs

I totally agree it is heart warming to see all the sharing helping and truly caring from the folks on here that makes this site So Great.

I have ordered most everything I have from sponsors here on 420mag. Mars tent and COB lights, @Budget LED, Seedsman seeds etc. and I Love all of it.

Great journal UA and those Mulanje x Swaziland sound incredible I will have to look for some next time I order seeds I Love a good Sativa Buzz so that is right up my ally. I am also interested in making Cobs

I totally agree it is heart warming to see all the sharing helping and truly caring from the folks on here that makes this site So Great.

I have ordered most everything I have from sponsors here on 420mag. Mars tent and COB lights, @Budget LED, Seedsman seeds etc. and I Love all of it.
Thank you PC! I appreciate the kind words. I am making an effort to make this journal the best I can, without expending too much energy lol.

First time growing a sativa, and I learned a lot, next time I hope to do them more justice. The cobs really are an enjoyable experience.

It really is the people on here that make this site so great. And the rules lol, the arbitrary social contract that we all agree to :)

Back
Top Bottom