A Lotta Ins, A Lotta Outs, A Lotta Strands In The Old Duder's Head: Urban Grows Mad Stanky Dabs

I wasn't taking a shot atcha at all! My journal in September of 2017 was nothing to speak of. I can see why you dropped it :).

And my current one I expect a lot of ins and outs...sometimes it's really quiet and then boom it's 4 pages in a day. I'm actually surprised when new folks post. It takes fortitude to jump into a journal with over 900 pages!

Oh man, my first few months of reading, not growing yet. I would read every page of a journal. It was exhausting. Now its only if I miss a photo update or a new gerbil wang type of term do I go back to find it.

I have some weird guilt for not reading every page of every journal that I follow. It's something I usually ignore. Fear of missing out. So I don't think I looked at your comment as a shot, more of an opportunity to justify to myself my occasional absence from the 420 forum fam. Damn. This is decent booteweed cob lol.

edit. oh wait. I smoked a few bowls of the Mulanje x Swaziland "budlets" recently. Its sativa introspection.

Awesome Urb! Ive always pick up when someone talks safety! Keep going :high-five:
lol thank you man. Safety 1st. Hotbox the vista cruiser 2nd.

The more we humans specialize in our areas of expertise, the more we rely the on the expertise of others for information about mundane things. Ya never know. Someone may clean their white plastic fan after seeing that post. Or not. Maybe it has to melt first.

I took another pull off some bootweed cob. I am finding the images for a post lol.

OOOhh very cool. Diggin the autopots. I will stop by your place and roll a J.
Lol nice... I'll get a brandy coffee on the go ;)
Ref the autopots, are you using airdomes? I highly recommend them

Ok. 35th version. After messing up the pictures in this thread...and adding witty commentary...I suspect this is the 4th hour allowed after a post to edit, and my time is up. So the following may or may not make sense.

I started this thing I called bootweed. Grow a seed in a boot for the summer. IG. Mostly for fun but gave a few seeds away. Few joined. It was beautifully tragic. #potinbootylicious

It should be noted that this was Oasis Something or Something - Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto. I sent what I thought was an IG message to that dude. Hey man. Im growing weed in a boot. Your strain is the lucky one. Cheers. No response. Strange.
View media item 1745653

I am not a skilled auto flower grower to say the least. But I grew it outside in a boot in my soil.. Harvested it. Bud wash. Turned it into a cob. Sort of.

That was a while ago. I haven't really touched it. It continued to get gnarled. Like witches fingers. Turns out it tastes a lot like what you would think sucking on a witches finger would taste like. You are welcome for that.

But wait. Theres more.

View media item 1745644
View media item 1745646
View media item 1745645

The Malawi Cob process that is evolving takes the input and improves it. Generally. So this shite plant at harvest. Is only slightly less shite. Its not as bad as it looks. Just tastes as bad as it looks. Gentle but uplifting buzz when smoked. When eaten much the same happy vibe. But certainly no potency or flavour. I kinda killed any taste it could have had by sweating the cob for so long and hard while so fresh. Cooked it good. It breaks up nice. Smokes smooth. Tastes like two different monkeys put their balls in your mouth at the same time.

**special grammar edit to differentiate the fact that I wanted two separate monkeys balls in the mouth, to provide the image when imagining the taste of this bootweed cob. As the original could have been misconstrued as being perhaps one monkey with two balls in the mouth. Different taste.

Also. Smoking has no taste. Eating is the monkeys balls in the mouth. Two monkeys.

Bootweed 2020 will be a thing again. YOLO

Lol nice... I'll get a brandy coffee on the go ;)
Ref the autopots, are you using airdomes? I highly recommend them

No. Plastic pots. But have been curious about trying to stuff my geopots (fabric pots) into the tray. I could do the same thing with grow rock and soil. Top feed a bit more often but the upside would be the self pruning and oxygenating of the root mass!

No. Plastic pots. But have been curious about trying to stuff my geopots (fabric pots) into the tray. I could do the same thing with grow rock and soil. Top feed a bit more often but the upside would be the self pruning and oxygenating of the root mass!
I used the fabric version of the autopot (smart pot) last run... unless you are going to part top feed there really isn't much point as all the roots head for the bottom

I used the fabric version of the autopot (smart pot) last run... unless you are going to part top feed there really isn't much point as all the roots head for the bottom
yeah I am content as is for now. multiple up pots helps build up a good root mass and then the final one into the pots seems to work well. A thin layer of soil to put up a defence against fungus gnats once really helped keep the root mass a bit more moist. So I might do that again.

:ciao:

Nice setup Urban
I'm curious about the fan on the floor? Do you pull air into the tent from the top?
Essentially yes. The draw required is a bit more though so I have portions of other vents open. It is a strong fan. I get a surprising draft blowing the plants without a traditional fan in there.

I purchased some reusable filter that you could slide into your furnace. Cut circular vent sized holes and put those in ports. Some I put more finer fabric in. To create a filter for large particulates or insects. Fresh air is drawn in, as free from dust and insects as possible.

The air is drawn around the light, moving that heated air, down over the plants, past the stalks and pots through the pre-filter, then the carbon filter, and the ducting goes out to the fan. Which is sucking the tent in like, well ... think of something funny but not offensive these days for that.

Then the air is exhausted out into the next room.

I need an indicator, one that I can select when posting, that indicates to you the level and type of high I am experiencing when I post.

"I'm dead sober. This is my actual working brain"

"I took a pull of grandmas bong of some super fruity lemon booty"

versus

"I can hear the headphones listening to ME"

WE need this.

Nice write up on the safety issues that we all must be concerned about Urb. When I started with my 4x4 tent and my burple light I just stole electric from the existing basement outlets all running off of a single 15 amp breaker. When I got my big 8x4 tent and started making my own lights I knew I would be asking for trouble. I put in a sub panel just for the basement upgrades and put in 4 dedicated 15 amp circuits to be able to run all my lights, fans, pumps, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers. This was a weekend project I did myself, but done right as to not have any issues. I'm glad I did as the constant upgrades would have never been able to happen. And yes I too have 2 fire extinguishers close by in the dungeon. My family deserves this at the very least.
Keep safe 420 fam. Keep safe.

Lot of good info going on in here :D I’ve been concerned about safety as well. I intend to build a 2x4x2 insulated housing on which my tent is going to sit, relocating the carbon filter\inline fan to the insulated housing and ducting in all ventilation.. been curious about the fire hazard risks so this is all good stuff to read. Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Nice write up on the safety issues that we all must be concerned about Urb. When I started with my 4x4 tent and my burple light I just stole electric from the existing basement outlets all running off of a single 15 amp breaker. When I got my big 8x4 tent and started making my own lights I knew I would be asking for trouble. I put in a sub panel just for the basement upgrades and put in 4 dedicated 15 amp circuits to be able to run all my lights, fans, pumps, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers. This was a weekend project I did myself, but done right as to not have any issues. I'm glad I did as the constant upgrades would have never been able to happen. And yes I too have 2 fire extinguishers close by in the dungeon. My family deserves this at the very least.
Keep safe 420 fam. Keep safe.
Exactly my thought. My family and neighbours deserve to be protected. We all do.

know our personal limitations. I did some replacing of receptacles and light switches last year. After a while I just said f-it. Brought in the pro to go over my work. I know its done right.

Lot of good info going on in here :D I’ve been concerned about safety as well. I intend to build a 2x4x2 insulated housing on which my tent is going to sit, relocating the carbon filter\inline fan to the insulated housing and ducting in all ventilation.. been curious about the fire hazard risks so this is all good stuff to read. Hope everyone is having a nice day!
Thank you Flagg. Safety is important, a little preparation or forethought goes a long way. Hard to put value on something you prevented but dont know you prevented.

Tastes like two different monkeys put their balls in your mouth at the same time.
**special grammar edit to differentiate the fact that I wanted two separate monkeys balls in the mouth, to provide the image when imagining the taste of this bootweed cob. As the original could have been misconstrued as being perhaps one monkey with two balls in the mouth. Different taste.
Also. Smoking has no taste. Eating is the monkeys balls in the mouth. Two monkeys.
Thank you for the explanation. I was really confused at first...
And yes I too have 2 fire extinguishers close by in the dungeon.
Which weekend do you put in the sprinkler system?

Back
Top Bottom