A Lotta Ins, A Lotta Outs, A Lotta Strands In The Old Duder's Head: Urban Grows Mad Stanky Dabs

Very busy of late with personal and professional stuff. It’s all good. Big day today.

I put the plants in the autopots. Ended up getting 5 females out of the 7 seeds. Only need 4, so 2 of each strain were chosen.

Cleaned up the autopots and bottom layer of grow rock medium. edit*- They are being tied down with floss and taped to the pots. All the scrog twine is re-used. Whatever works to tie them down. I have Christmas tree ornament hooks, $.99 at the dollar store for 100 or whatever, those work well to hold the floss when using fabric pots. Use what you got.

I want them to have a strong wide base to spread out the main colas. After a few days I should be able to cut the floss and let the net take over.

They were getting pretty big. Eating whatever they were fed.

All plants showed female pre-flowers.

They all got fresh soil, myco’s, and a layer of sand on top.

Then they were all set up in the tent. Autopot tubing and pot placement tweaked. The scrog net installed.

I will give them a few weeks to get taller before flipping the switch. Gonna aim for a fuller tent. Larger colas. I gotta up my game to rep my 420 fam.

Nice tony. Love the setup there. I absolutely love the cmh as I’m now a fan after this grow. I’m about to finish under it.
Thanks bud, I am digging the CMH too, solid light. Dependable type of lux/par/lumens. Decent addition of heat to the grow to put it up in the right range. I need to get some filters for my humidifier to get that up a bit but. Overall the set up is working well. Lots of worms in the soil during up pot. Vigorous genetics. I could be in for a treat.

Not like it needed cleaned. Lol
Yeah it was sitting on my shelf but was dusty from a previous grow. I didn't have any fans in up to this point. So I gave it a good cleaning. Add some air movement over the light and plants to assist in transpiration. I also threw a wet towel over the top bars to add a water source.

I fed them a good dose of fish fertilizer and some Magnifical from Remo once I had them settled in. I cant call this run living organic. I am going to hit the reservoir with the same Magnifical to provide that calcium magnesium, the fish fertilizer is 5-2-2, and the kelp/plant fertilizer is 0-0-.5.

Nice scrog build Tony, They're going to love it in there!
Thanks SO!

That scrap frame has been great. 3 heights I can set it at and I can make the squares as big or small as I want. Also helps keep my tent from imploding lol.

I hope to see good things. I think I have a good feel of my soil and system that I should be able to minimize stress and get them to pack on the size this time. This might be it. As long as I dont shit the bed in flower.

Thanks SO!

That scrap frame has been great. 3 heights I can set it at and I can make the squares as big or small as I want. Also helps keep my tent from imploding lol.

I hope to see good things. I think I have a good feel of my soil and system that I should be able to minimize stress and get them to pack on the size this time. This might be it. As long as I dont shit the bed in flower.
Hehe, you got this.

Since I was kicking ass in the garden anyway, I went ahead and cleaned one of my small fans. I also gave it a small bit of 3 in 1 oil.

Dusted the interior and fan’s shroud. Then wiped it down with water and hydrogen peroxide. Cleaned the cord. Wiped the blades down. Put it back together.

Hung it with a small ratchet hanger.
View media item 1757411
View media item 1757412
View media item 1757413
View media item 1757414
Smart idea on the little fan urban buddy. Hope all is good bud

They really haven’t slowed down much since the transplant. Really solid growth. Feeding them the most I have ever fed a plant, outside of top dressings, and no serious plant issues are popping up.

Smart idea on the little fan urban buddy. Hope all is good bud
Thanks Joe. Yeah I wish I could remember where I got that advice from. Just a small safety thing. Those small plastic fans are one of the bigger causes of tent fires if I recall correctly. A little maintenance helps those poor little fans last longer too. Dust makes the blades terribly inefficient I am sure.

They look great! I want to reach in to the ones in the back and tuck them under the net :).
Thanks bud. I might have tucked a few of the taller ones under a bit. But I am trying not to hold them under too much at this point. Just getting them into an open quadrant to develop. I pretty much pooched my last crop making all those seeds. This one has to be on point.

I have a solid 8 tops on 3 plants, with the 4th a solid 4 tops (back right). A nice bend in the stalks. Should allow them to fill out the tent just right (accounting for some cola sag). I will give them about 14" of vertical growth before flip. They will all need some form of defoliation again but not sure when or how much.

That rear right is the 4 top plant. That middle growth should catch up. I can deploy some yo-yo's to get some more balance there if necessary. Or hack it out. I dont know what would be the better option. Wait and see how strong it gets.

In a few days I will start using the reservoir and auto feeding, then we should see some more growth.

Hey UA! Or I guess its TU? Or since your all official I'll just call you sir! Nice looking ladies!
Anything but Sir! Urban, UA, Tony, its all good.

The ladies are really doing well. So far the Dabber crosses of Stanks Stankberry are vigorous. I am hoping it continues well into flower.

Back
Top Bottom