A Mar-sian Darkness Falls In Otterville

Up and away. Looking forward to seeing these babies veg hard.
They're working it ok. Give em a few days and whoosh are my expectations.
Nah , they feed themselves mate. i nearly fell for that one too but left to their own devices , they hunt !
Your note reminded me of a "Men in Black" scene where they upset the entire world of a species the size of a golf ball. With the hunting going on in the rhizosphere it's a world in its own.

Highya SO,

I still have one fat sativa I'm playing with to see how long she'll go. I sprayed some more lactobacillus serum on them yesterday hoping to stave off bud rot. She's had a few small incidents so far, nothing serious. Yeah, had a great year. The buds are still drying so I haven't weighed them yet. And they're much bigger than last year, but different genetics. Last year was 1.2 lbs/plant, so I'm thinking 1.5/plant. And I like the smoke better also. Win/Win/Win
I like your lineup for your next grow. I think I need to chat with Van Stank about the DTF of his. Sounds like a promising strain! Green Blessings on your next grow! Cheers

Highya SO,

I still have one fat sativa I'm playing with to see how long she'll go. I sprayed some more lactobacillus serum on them yesterday hoping to stave off bud rot. She's had a few small incidents so far, nothing serious. Yeah, had a great year. The buds are still drying so I haven't weighed them yet. And they're much bigger than last year, but different genetics. Last year was 1.2 lbs/plant, so I'm thinking 1.5/plant. And I like the smoke better also. Win/Win/Win
I like your lineup for your next grow. I think I need to chat with Van Stank about the DTF of his. Sounds like a promising strain! Green Blessings on your next grow! Cheers
That's what I was hoping to hear. Fantastic! So glad to know you're taken care of for the season. I ground the last of my outdoor pineapple chunk from last years summer yard grow. They taste good coming from nature.

These beauties are growing like the thoroughbreds they are. Autos haven't grown the right color for me before. Always delicate leaves compared to photos. We'll see what the LOS does for them. so far so good. Watering is funky to start with autos and me. So far I started with slightly damp soil all around. I trickled a tablespoon of water or so twice a day right around the deedling. After 4 days I use about a cup and make a 4 to 6 inch ring around them and try to watch for slight wilt but these are too young to wait for any length of time so I've been giving them 2 days between. It's time to let them go longer between now. I'll give them a full water as soon as I see good root growth. When I think the water in the pot will be consumed in 5 or 6 days. Root building time!

I love new babies! :love: :love: :love:
Hi sarah. Me too but they wear on my nerves like real kids. I'm a bit of a worry wort sometimes. These are just about to the point of me relaxing knowing they're going to make it. Now to fill the pots with roots.
I think there are 2 phenotypes in the bunch. It's early to tell for sure. I'm loving the light and they are too! If you notice dappling on the leaves it's because I've been spraying them with water and I noticed when the light came on yesterday the water didn't dry yet so 6 hours isn't enough time to evaporate if I shower them heavily. Lesson learned, more wind on those days.

And speaking of the babies. Here they are with 16 days of life above ground. One has 3 days less. Today I see them catching on pretty good with a spurt of growth. The kind I see when a plant is getting into a good place and becoming one with the soil. The traction has begun! On 3 anyhoo, the last will come any moment. It's still getting its nourishment from the original area of the lighter soil I used to start them. I won't use this recipe again because I see the plants came up and stayed a little light in color until they hit the LOS. At 16 days this last one is slightly light green and growing but I'd prefer more N than she's getting. Let's see if I can match the top and side view pics up for you.
The first two is the youngest and the light green one. A couple of days and she'll be up and running like her cousins.

They're getting some side branching pretty good now. I haven't counted nodes yet but I assume when they get to day 21 there's going to be plenty to give them a topping. That's if they don't start flowering first. I've read a ton of things about these being unpredictable as far as when they start to flower. With the flow I will go. Been a while since I grew autos and these are small plants even for an auto in my opinion. Small amounts of magic do go a long way though. The good news is I won't have to wait 5 to 7 months to have a taste. Green Crack Auto next on Mars.

On a side note. Those who know me know I'm a freak for watering Emilya style. Autos started in a 5 gallon pot are impossible to really get the process going as early as I like because the pot is so big. So I'm coaxing roots to the outside of the pot by watering in rings around an inch or so past the diameter of the leaves. Then wider and wider and more and more water. It's a lot of guesswork to start and not scientific or measurable. Therefore I don't like it. But after I get through it they get on the wet/dry cycle like my photos. These aren't there yet but soon. I'm waiting for wilt now before next water for the older 3. Next I'll ramp up the amount of water they get until it's fully saturated with a nice slow watering. Yes slowly! The 15 gallon pot the strawberry cough is in gets 3 1/2 gallons and takes 2 1/2 hours to get it in. I'm patient. Or am I a patient? I don't care, it's the best way I've found to saturate a pot fully. Thanks Em!

I won't use this recipe again because I see the plants came up and stayed a little light in color until they hit the LOS. At 16 days this last one is slightly light green and growing but I'd prefer more N than she's getting.

I would foliar spray at this stage daily to get the greeness you desire. Anyways, things look great and your off to the races!

Back
Top Bottom