A Mar-sian Darkness Falls In Otterville

u know how much par u get out of it, b4 bleach?
Hi SPARE and @stoneotter, I think @flashmp3 using two of the TSL 2000 in his grow space, 4x4. The total wattage is 600w. :green_heart:

As for the par data that will bleach the plants, we didn't have data for that, but I have data that how to grow the plants great: :nomo:
- Veg: from ppfd 200, plants will grow, but they will great exellent if reaches around 600~700 ;)
- Flower: from ppfd 500, they will flower, and if the data reaches 800 ~ 1000, they will flower great! And the ppfd 1000 with 2000 or 1500 differs very little, so too high ppfd is no need. :)
Hope this helps. :D

Hi SPARE and @stoneotter, I think @flashmp3 using two of the TSL 2000 in his grow space, 4x4. The total wattage is 600w. :green_heart:

As for the par data that will bleach the plants, we didn't have data for that, but I have data that how to grow the plants great: :nomo:
- Veg: from ppfd 200, plants will grow, but they will great exellent if reaches around 600~700 ;)
- Flower: from ppfd 500, they will flower, and if the data reaches 800 ~ 1000, they will flower great! And the ppfd 1000 with 2000 or 1500 differs very little, so too high ppfd is no need. :)
Hope this helps. :D
yup. ty. yeah, it just drives me nuts, knowing they're puttin it out- the diff lights make. I'm a guy. i fell for the label, in big lights! not even hot. but put em closer than I'd guess 14" & damage is done. need to invent bud shades.
but there's no denying the diff, as u guys see that through multiple strains. doesn't even look like you stacked em/backbuilt.

These babies are flying! I found them with a slight wilt this morning so I mixed up some Real Growers Recharge instant microbes and a tsp of calmag for some magnesium one has been looking for and gave them all a drink to run off for the first time. Now they'll show me how often to water in the big picture. Up to now it's been tough to tell the tiny shows they give being so small and me being so not going to lift the pots and contort myself too much. I feel better with a more mature plant to work with.
I mentioned the other day they went into flower. I was wrong. They just matured and got pistols. Lots and lots of them. Autos get them a bit different than photos in that they bunch up on the ends of the branch and the branch grows from there. I thought since these were dda and notoriously small they were done growing and budding up. I'm glad to be wrong today as they grow into all those pistols. Here they are 8 hours after a drink.

stone, i been sniffin around ur journals. and u know we rednecks can't read so yes, mostly the pics. i don't remember back, b4. this a new medium, for u? what have u used, so far? just curious. nothing pressing.

stone, i been sniffin around ur journals. and u know we rednecks can't read so yes, mostly the pics. i don't remember back, b4. this a new medium, for u? what have u used, so far? just curious. nothing pressing.
I started in organic water only using Michigan mix soil. Then I went with bottled nutes for two grows where I tortured the plants and me. Now I'm in Living Organic Soil. I got interested in it watching Emilya, Van Stank, and a few others. My soil recipe is from a book by The Rev. True Living Organics. I'm thinking this is the way for me.

Bark as in mulch. Yes its new to me last grow and I believe it made for much more root production on the surface of the pot. In LOS microbes live there between the soil and mulch and help feed the plant. It's completely different from the way they feed with bottled nutes so the added roots are very welcome and used. Did you check the rootopsy I did on the strawberry cough yesterday? They were so solid at the surface I had to hack away to get through them.

Had my extra extra backup airpump running yesterday and I took this shot, its very educational with plexi cover. We talked about this the other day with your clogged stones. This is how it works.

The blue and red circles represent the magnet field its generating to get the motion force to the pump. The magnets switch direction depending on the frequency in the outlet. I got 50Hz so the magnets change direction 50/s this in turn makes the lever go up and down which makes the pump suck and blow with its membrane. Its not hard changing the membrane but the hard part is getting one thats right size.

Hope you got the thing running again Otter! Plants look amazing, nice touch with the bark(?). :high-five:

:blunt:

Had my extra extra backup airpump running yesterday and I took this shot, its very educational with plexi cover. We talked about this the other day with your clogged stones. This is how it works.

The blue and red circles represent the magnet field its generating to get the motion force to the pump. The magnets switch direction depending on the frequency in the outlet. I got 50Hz so the magnets change direction 50/s this in turn makes the lever go up and down which makes the pump suck and blow with its membrane. Its not hard changing the membrane but the hard part is getting one thats right size.

Hope you got the thing running again Otter! Plants look amazing, nice touch with the bark(?). :high-five:

:blunt:
Thanks Craz! A pic is worth a million words. I understand and won't think twice about rebuilding one if I can get parts. I got new stones and they're working great now. Yep it's bark, oak and maple I think.

Nice garden, darlin.

If your pump does die I can make a suggestion for a really good new one. You would have to cross over to the aquaria side of things. It would be worth it as it's designed for deep tanks. If your pump isn't made for anything beyond 24" of water, you are going to burn through them faster than you should. Lots of the Hydro pumps I see are underpowered or an aquatic knockoff that cost more than the quality aquarium pumps do.
I also have the name of a never-clog stone if you want to use them in the future.

yup. ty. yeah, it just drives me nuts, knowing they're puttin it out- the diff lights make. I'm a guy. i fell for the label, in big lights! not even hot. but put em closer than I'd guess 14" & damage is done. need to invent bud shades.
but there's no denying the diff, as u guys see that through multiple strains. doesn't even look like you stacked em/backbuilt.
Usually put the led around 12'' is recommended the lowest height during flowering, but some growers also put around 10'' without any prolem, as long as they control the enviroment, the heat etc in good condietion. :)

Nice garden, darlin.

If your pump does die I can make a suggestion for a really good new one. You would have to cross over to the aquaria side of things. It would be worth it as it's designed for deep tanks. If your pump isn't made for anything beyond 24" of water, you are going to burn through them faster than you should. Lots of the Hydro pumps I see are underpowered or an aquatic knockoff that cost more than the quality aquarium pumps do.
I also have the name of a never-clog stone if you want to use them in the future.
Yes please. A good pump for deep water is next. After this one goes bad. What manufacturers are good? Stones too.

Yes please. A good pump for deep water is next. After this one goes bad. What manufacturers are good? Stones too.
searches with top x amount, or best... "item name"... can also produce good results- not just with pumps.

Sure. The pump is called Tetra Whisper A- series and there are different sizes. There is an A150 and goes up to A300.
These are the stones I was talking about.

View media item 1719965These are the best air stones out there. They are weighted so they naturally sink. They can be taken apart so that if they were to ever clog ( which they really don't), they can be cleaned or replace the disks outright. They also work great inside sponge filters. Really they are the best air stone money can buy. Instead of replacing a cheap ceramic air stone every 4-6 months as they get worse and worse for bubbles, install one of these once and nearly never worry about it again. Tighten or loosen the disks to change how big the bubbles are.

Clogged stones burn out pumps. :thumb: I've used these for years...well, the old version. They are worth the extra $$$ to keep your pump quiet and running correctly.

Also get an aquarium check valve. They are a tiny piece of cheap plastic that will stop back siphoning if you should have a power outage. You don't want water getting into your pump or worse all over your grow room. They are around a dollar so there is no reason not to have one. I haven't seen very many Hydro growers use them. Maybe they don't know about them?

Any other questions you have ....just shoot darlin'.

i know aquarium supplies/pet stores love the brand. been around for decades, at least. i never had any problems with em, either, fish wise.

Also get an aquarium check valve. They are a tiny piece of cheap plastic that will stop back siphoning if you should have a power outage. You don't want water getting into your pump or worse all over your grow room. They are around a dollar so there is no reason not to have one. I haven't seen very many Hydro growers use them. Maybe they don't know about them?

Any other questions you have ....just shoot darlin'.
They both look perfect for the next version of this. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom