A Mar-sian Darkness Falls In Otterville

I call it "Capping" after the good doc who shared his thesis with the world. His experiments just proved with all the testing what many old hippies anecdotally established. Stress, makes her mess. Looks like you should reap the benefits. Congratulation my friend. :love:
He did a good thing by refining it. I think other gardens might benefit from his work too. BTW I could see with my eyes the trichome growth overnight on the newly rescued one.

There are many ways to introduce stress, and when you do it right you CAN see trichome growth overnight. I just choose to use methods that are not going to affect my ability to get a good cure, such as too rapid of a dry. Toward the end of this last run I dimmed the lights, reduced the temperature, reduced the duration of the lights, let them go to dry (I don't do that in bloom), finally turned out the lights completely for 48-72 hours (after watering) AND drilled a drywall screw right below the first node. These plants were stressing plenty and now I am enjoying a good 4-5 day dry down into the curing range.

There are many ways to introduce stress, and when you do it right you CAN see trichome growth overnight. I just choose to use methods that are not going to affect my ability to get a good cure, such as too rapid of a dry. Toward the end of this last run I dimmed the lights, reduced the temperature, reduced the duration of the lights, let them go to dry (I don't do that in bloom), finally turned out the lights completely for 48-72 hours (after watering) AND drilled a drywall screw right below the first node. These plants were stressing plenty and now I am enjoying a good 4-5 day dry down into the curing range.
They're going to pay you back for the love Em.

That's what I feared so they got brought back for a few days with the screw in the dark. Think thats long enough?

Yes, you have done well and I have just silently watched until the conversation got good as I watched you make good decisions as you do your research. The plants look glorious... they are going to reward you well!
:thumb::bravo::goodjob::high-five::welldone:

As much as I love date night, I nixed chop time. I'm out of commission for today. Just going to get the necessary stuff done. Like rescuing the second DDA from drought. She went 9 days and I called it. I do believe the trichs got amped up! @Maritimer, what is the word for this act? Is it already coined? Maritiming has a ring to it.
Here's death row tonight. Before I watered.
These two are 4 days dry.

This is getting serious! I hope to chop one tomorrow and seclude one in darkness leaving two to tango to the death.
You must enjoyed a wonderful night with those beautiful ladies! :ganjamon:

You must enjoyed a wonderful night with those beautiful ladies! :ganjamon:
Haha, every night with these beauties is a wonder sarah. I have to say these are the finest looking bud I've grown. Thanks to many things, but mainly the awesome Mars Hydro TSW-2000 light! These ladies loved it even when I gave them too much of a good thing in veg.

It’s nearly time!!! Tiiimbeeerrr! That’s pretty cool you e been able to actually see the improvements in the trichomes. So fascinating!
Hehe, I tell myself that Heavenly. I believe it sometimes too! I just sat down from chop #1. She went easy. I better take some hanging pics, ok, they were quite leaf free. The whole plant took about an hour, maybe less. Edit: She went 72 days. Estimated dry weight is 3.2 oz.

And the RH is on the way to 65% for a few days, then 58%.
Just in case there's any doubt how official the tape was.
One of her frosty live buds.

Good morning. The second beauty thankfully fell to my chopper this morning. Her purpleness weighed in at 273 grams. At that wet weight it comes to 2.4 z's possible dry. This one has real buds on her whereas the first one Is a strange arrangement of tiny leaves and calyx strung along to make "air bud". Which will be fine I'm sure, I'm not familiar with what I think might be an ancient style bud. The fireplug one is kind of like that. If anyone knows or has theories about these please let me know. Here is lady #2.

Back
Top Bottom