A Martian Alchemy: Turning LED Into Gold With The FC3000

Thanks to everydogbody who’s been checking in here, and for reminding me this is still a flapping loose end.

I was floored and flabbergasted to be the recipient of this sponsor’s promotional light.

I set out to compare grams per watt of flower between HPS and LED. Luckily for anyone really interested others have conducted controlled side-by-side demonstrations.

The 300W FC3000 replaced a 400W HPS fixture.

The HPS was flowering plants that had been vegged under a 40W light. I then put the HPS into veg and have been subsequently feeding the flower room with bigger plants. So I haven’t been able to compare apples to apples at all.

Which is just as well because it’s cannabis we’re after and on balance the lower wattage is still producing a satisfactory amount of flower for my personal use so it can be counted a success.

It has been refreshing to see what can be done with lower energy inputs. It has been a concern that an amount of energy from the HPS is wasted as heat (wasted during our summer anyway). So I have now replaced our trusty old HPS in veg with another LED, a 240W non-sponsor piece. I would have continued to support this sponsor, but decided not to reward their open arguments with our founder. Their public relations seem to be under new management. (I couldn’t close a review-type of journal without saying so, so there we go).

Thanks for following along, peeps. I’ll see you back in the threads.

@Renee Roberts this journal is finished. Can we please shift it to completed journals? Thanks for your help.

A closing thought on lighting:
Stay lit :love:

Every pic a :jungle:
Cheers, Shed. There would be a wild little parrot in there to complete the picture, but she shreds plants for fun. Ya gotta laugh, really. I learned my lesson with her while still green on my first bagseed.
Way to make huge bud Donkey!
Stone. Any buds at all are more than I would have had without :420::green_heart::circle-of-love:
That said, I’ve a C99 cross ripe in a week and her tops are Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy (also the name of a great collection of early Who songs).

Hashfart is going back to the stable

I’ll meet you there :high-five:

Good to see so much green. sad to get caught up in the crazy politics going on now with the sponsors. seems easy to get a strike now too. lots of older members gone and stuff along the way.
Thankfully all still well on the plant front . How's your health going brother. ever looked into using hertz for healing?

Casting a Martian shadow

Still loving the hell out of this light.

The flower room is bigger than the suggested footprint for flower. Just don’t tell the plants and we’ll be fine.

:thanks: again @420 and @Mars Hydro for adding new dimensions to my garden and my health :love:

:volcano-smiley::420:for the win!
brilliant example of getting the most from the lights brother. been so long hope your all good . looks good from here. wow. DD.

Photograph or Rousseau painting?

full

Oh yeah I must say this light has taken my growing skills to the next level. I’m so happy with the results of my second grow with this light. I went from 100w to this 300w and it was definitely worth it. All four of my plants are just bursting with flower’s bc if it!
You plants looked awesome what was your yield?

so happy with the results of my second grow with this light

It is a solid performer that’s for sure!

All four of my plants are just bursting with flower’s bc if it!

It’s true they look fantastic! You’re right to be proud of what you’ve done there.

You plants looked awesome what was your yield?

Well now. I run my flower room as a perpetual garden. I was harvesting and adding a plant once a week for a while there. Now it’s every few.
So my running tally tells me the answer to your question is just over 129oz even though common sense tells me that isn’t what you asked. Thanks for asking though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom