A Modest Attempt At A 101 Growers Guide

$50 is a really good deal. I would want to use a prepress though. I'll show some pics in a bit but I use a prepress, no bags, and generic everyday kitchen parchment paper.

I prepress my pucks, I think I usually keep it around 7 grams a piece up to 14 grams at a time. I will now do two pucks if I go much above 9 grams as I seem to have better return.

Then I just scrap the rosin up and put it on a silicone mat for shaping or in a little silicone container for storage.

Press at 190 degrees F for about 3 to 4 minutes but I'm really not too scientific. I usually stop when it seems to stop flowing.

Rosin is vaped in my dab pen or slathered on the best joints ever. Pucks are currently used for oil but I know people make tinctures or repress a bunch of them for more rosin.

The demo idea is great!

Here is a preview of the lemon cheese I am about to squeeze. About 9.5 grams. I didn't do a great job trimming these two so they seem like prefect candidates for rosin. Let there be CHEESE!

20200706_225729.jpg

Not the greatest squeeze but it's been a while. I do believe I will see better yield when the bud cures, it could just be in my head though. I also seem to do better with slightly smaller pucks. Either way, I wanted to taste it for the first time and I have enough to test. I'm letting it cool down in the freezer to ensure easy collection.

20200707_000210.jpg

Actually a great idea! Like renting a stump grinder, or something....for weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Screw renting one... that’s jacked... go to a thrift store and find you the bin they throw all the lady’s hair driers and hair straighteners. Get like three for ten bucks cuz you will break em in vices and having heavy friends stand on them!

So, I didn't get it all collected last night as it was a bit more difficult than when the buds are nice and cured. This is just in my experience anyways. I did throw some in my dab pen last night though and it was fantastic.

There is a faint cheese flavor on inhale and very lemony flavor on exhale. The lingering flavor of cheese is intense. The high came on strong and was actually a bit much for me at the moment. It then mellowed out into a pleasant yet strong stoned state. I noticed a bit of hunger but didn't cave to the munchies.

Sorry for side tracking from 101 topics but if anyone has questions on rosin pressing I can try and answer or point you to the true experts around here if you aren't already aware of them.

I think the next 101 topic will be training as I prepare my next round of ladies for the flowering room. I have 4 photoperiod plants in 5 gallon pots that will be set up in a scrog.

I actually am fairly certain one is an auto as it seems to be flowering and stretching already under 18/6 but that's not really important for the training aspect in my mind. Anyways, posts on training to follow. Have a great day!

:passitleft:

I'm trimming up the last of the lemon cheese and blue dream as I have a nose that will be poking around tomorrow. Should be low key but I always try to be as paranoid as possible :lot-o-toke:

Anyways, I took a peek in my veg tent and noticed my seedlings were predictably stretching.

This is because my light is too far away. In other scenarios it may also be not powerful enough.

Honestly, if you put a bulb close enough you should be able to veg with almost any bulb. Spectrum is obviously important though.

Long story short, the solution is simple. When you up pot the plant just bury it deeper :high-five:

Or plant it slightly lower in the soil and bury it as it stretches. Obviously address the cause of stretching. In this case the light is higher because I haven't kicked the big girls over to the flowering tent yet. When I do, I'll lower the light

20200707_215704.jpg

20200707_215714.jpg

I could also put the seedlings on a bucket, might do that. I have been using buckets for curing and storing now. The buckets have screw on air tight lids and I put humidity packs in turkey bags full of bud inside. I love it so far

Quick tip for the lazy grower. Cure and store buds in Turkey bags and buckets with screw on air tight caps. I also use 62% humidity packs. This way you can just chuck the buds in the bucket as you trim. I also leave colas bigger and get a little lazier with trimming since it can fit in the container and is all for personal use.

Lemon Cheese

20200708_225204.jpg

Blue Dream

20200708_224922.jpg

My personals :high-five:
20200708_001126.jpg

I’m just an old school flower lover, and it always hurts my soul to see beautiful juicy buds smashed into oblivion lol but I do get the reasoning for extracts and such

I’m just an old school flower lover, and it always hurts my soul to see beautiful juicy buds smashed into oblivion lol but I do get the reasoning for extracts and such
It all gets ground, burnt, or decarbed eventually! I joke, I totally get it. I would never be able to do it unless I grew enough to enjoy the flower all the while as well. I switch up my intake methods but always end up back at good 'ole joints

Now, I just lather my joints in rosin :rofl:

Just did a sampler chillum of the Blue Dream and I am super happy with it. The taste is the same as every other time I have come across Blue Dream and the high is very uplifting and pleasantly energetic.

The love @Stormblessed shows for flower reminded me of my dry herb vaporizer. It is another great way to taste the flower! I'll have to give them both a test taste now :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom