A Modest Attempt At A 101 Growers Guide

Modest Grower

Welcome everyone and Happy 4th of July!

I've decided to start a journal that focuses more on the actions rather than the results or anything else for that matter. Sure, the results will indicate success but here, I will focus on the process not the product.

I have two seeds above soil with "helmets on." We may revisit the germination process another day but for the first session I will cover removing helmets!

Thanks for tuning in my growchachos:passitleft:

Much of the 101 series will be applicable both indoors and out. I will be more focused on scenarios I run across indoors but I do also dabble in the outdoors

20200704_194616.jpg

Here are the ladies!!!!! They seem a bit early to get at the helmets. The light they are under is fairly low intensity. I think I will wait a bit longer. These are not autos or a photoperiod that I'm in a rush to get going. I'm focused on getting it to veg state safely.

20200704_231448.jpg
20200704_231454.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pics but these are just to lay the background. Helmet removal will likely occur tomorrow. Have a great evening my friends!

Yeah if ur not in a rush I’d let it loosen up a little before ya pull it off
Agreed. They should also tilt up a bit which helps. Then I will spray them with water. It acts like a lubricant and should help the hulls and membranes slide off.

Success! Waiting a day was definitely the right move. The first one was almost off. The second one was a bit more stuck. Here are the before pics:

20200705_214001.jpg
20200705_214126.jpg

After pics:
20200705_214111.jpg
20200705_214337.jpg

For the process, I spray the seedling and hull with a mister filled with water and then hook an edge of the hull with a utility razor blade. I pull on the edge of the hull trying to open it slightly or slide off.

Not too complicated but I figured a good starting point for a 101 since I am not in a place where I can drop more beans at this point. Thanks for tuning in!

Slightly off topic posts but once you grow more than you smoke you start to experiment with new uses,well, I did. Anyways, I finally got 2 new quartz atomizer for my dab pen.

20200706_183356.jpg

Tonight, I have a lot of late night work to do so I plan on making some rosin from my freshly harvested lemon cheese or white widow if I have any self control and let the lemon cheese continue to cure.

Long story short, I will be posting a quick 101 on dabpressing rosin and some potential uses. Have a wonderful night!

Can’t wait to see the fresh squeeze MG!
Well now I gotta haha. I love opening the bucket and pulling out the turkey bag 'o buds. It smells just like the cheese I smoked in college. Cant wait to see how it tastes in this dab pen.

I am hesitant as I had issues when I pressed some CBD soon after drying but I have been told that may be more strain related than anything.

Welcome everyone and Happy 4th of July!

I've decided to start a journal that focuses more on the actions rather than the results or anything else for that matter. Sure, the results will indicate success but here, I will focus on the process not the product.

I have two seeds above soil with "helmets on." We may revisit the germination process another day but for the first session I will cover removing helmets!

Thanks for tuning in my growchachos:passitleft:
I’m in! :love:

I am hesitant as I had issues when I pressed some CBD soon after drying but I have been told that may be more strain related than anything.

I wish I could give it a sniff! Lmao.
I can’t give you an answer on the pressing, never pressed anything. Although my local shop has a press they do day rentals on, $50 rental. Has me interested.

Back
Top Bottom