A Modest Attempt At DWC From Scratch

I agree; you don't want to have a pump that you can use to inflate your car tire in ten minutes.

My reason for the three stone is; when they and they will get suck into the root ball, it provide multi points for air.
Good point. I have thought about adding a second air stone to mine since turning it down so that I can keep my nutes mixed up well since they have buffing agents in there that need to stay suspended and not settle to the bottom. I think I'll just run a "T" off the 1 line into the bucket and connect them that way.

I picked one up similar to @dick23rk but mine is slightly less gph with 793. I do like the idea of being able to adjust the valves if it is too bubbly.

I have plenty of hook ups for options on air stones now. @KCCO 77 was spot on as these are a tad noisy but I picked this up for $40CAD so I'm pretty happy. I just did a quick test in a spare 5gal bucket with some water
20210416_215557.jpg

20210416_215550.jpg

Nice, should work great for ya. I took a folded up vath towel and set under the pump, helped a lot with vibration noise. I find mine got a little warm so I aimed a small 6" fan at it.

I picked one up similar to @dick23rk but mine is slightly less gph with 793. I do like the idea of being able to adjust the valves if it is too bubbly.

I have plenty of hook ups for options on air stones now. @KCCO 77 was spot on as these are a tad noisy but I picked this up for $40CAD so I'm pretty happy. I just did a quick test in a spare 5gal bucket with some water
20210416_215557.jpg

20210416_215550.jpg
Hey brother I hope all is good. Looking great over here and I can’t wait to see some plants in action.
That air pump will serve you well for many years.
Play safe and enjoy everyone

Since I have some extra buckets and a hole saw, I thought why not take a trip to the store and build a set up for my wife's flowers. I'm planning on growing them in the closet outside of the tent.

Zinnias and cosmos, apparently they grow great in dwc. I'll cut them as they grow and fill vases around the house. I may use this for clones or budscicles or some form of a sog down the road

IMG_20210418_190506_899.jpg

Since I have some extra buckets and a hole saw, I thought why not take a trip to the store and build a set up for my wife's flowers. I'm planning on growing them in the closet outside of the tent.

Zinnias and cosmos, apparently they grow great in dwc. I'll cut them as they grow and fill vases around the house. I may use this for clones or budscicles or some form of a sog down the road

IMG_20210418_190506_899.jpg
Super cool hell yeah brother

Oo yeah, I picked this light up as a cheap veg light. 4000k, 7000 lumens, and 80 watts. Its really just for side stuff at the moment but it might be a good veg light. I don't really want to remove the clear tubingbyet which is a bit of a drag nagging at me. Its an led with a lense over it just plastic tubing

IMG_20210418_190506_966.jpg

Oo yeah, I picked this light up as a cheap veg light. 4000k, 7000 lumens, and 80 watts. Its really just for side stuff at the moment but it might be a good veg light. I don't really want to remove the clear tubingbyet which is a bit of a drag nagging at me. Its an led with a lense over it just plastic tubing

IMG_20210418_190506_966.jpg
You gotta veg a girl for super long time , that's my plan , one to just hide and top a hundred times

You gotta veg a girl for super long time , that's my plan , one to just hide and top a hundred times
That would be sweet, and I've thought about doing it. But I can't seem to start just 1 seed, they're like friggin lays potato chips, can't have just 1. Eventually I will do this maybe now that I have a tent in my room.

I agree on the long veg @HashFart that was sort of how I started my first journal here. I vegged one out while I did to runs of autos.. i would like to do something similar again. Haply 420 Hash Fart, I saw that bowl of hash you had earlier, looks like you are enjoying the day!

Happy 420 @dick23rk and thanks for stopping by!
:passitleft:

I tried germinating a cherry pie seed in some perlite and she is above ground today. This one will likely veg while I grow the GSC so thats a pretty good veg time.

I told you I always get helmets Hash. I'll remove it tomorrow most likely
20210420_183514.jpg

I tried germinating a cherry pie seed in some perlite and she is above ground today. This one will likely veg while I grow the GSC so thats a pretty good veg time.

I told you I always get helmets Hash. I'll remove it tomorrow most likely
20210420_183514.jpg
You and me bother brother #helmetheadheros ,,,,I veg the one I gave grandpa outside my tent under 24 hour light I might do that with my widow if it makes it if not I got some some beans I've never heard of before called white fire alien kush

I hope everyone is having a great week as we coast into Friday. I apologize I haven't posted much but I am waiting on beans and my meter before I can do too much.

Good news is my meter is finally shipped! I also picked up a seed mat today and set up a little vegetation station using my new light under my at home office desk. Hopefully, the beans will be in the mailbox tomorrow.

I have some cherry Pie beans I am still messing around with but leaving this set up open for the girl scout cookies comparative sponsored by @Weed Seeds Express

Once I get the seeds, I'll cover the grow in a separate thread but still keep this going to cover the hydro set up as I am sure there will be many lessons to learn as it gets running

Much appreciated HashFart! I have some cherry Pie beans I am still messing around with but leaving this set up open for the girl scout cookies comparative sponsored by @Weed Seeds Express

Once I get the seeds, I'll cover the grow in a separate thread but still keep this going to cover the hydro set up as I am sure there will be many lessons to learn as it gets running
Dd is in that I think , I'll try to keep up , but keep this one going , this journal shows how to set up

here are some tips I have learned so far that I think help.
1st, I would definitely buy black buckets and lids to avoid hassle trying to make them light proof.
2nd, make sure you buy or use the correct holesaw size. If you use uniseals, this information is on their website.
3rd, buy a chiller. I can't recommend the DIY route as I bailed on it but I know it is feasible.
4th, make sure you get a big enough air pump. I bought what I thought was big but was like 125gph. The second one I bought which is what I think is good for this is like 795gph. The aspect I need to address is noise but I have a plan I may try and take on now.

Vaping some black cherry punch this evening. Loving the flavor and the mellow mood. Stressful work week so this is fantastic .

here are some tips I have learned so far that I think help.
1st, I would definitely buy black buckets and lids to avoid hassle trying to make them light proof.
2nd, make sure you buy or use the correct holesaw size. If you use uniseals, this information is on their website.
3rd, buy a chiller. I can't recommend the DIY route as I bailed on it but I know it is feasible.
4th, make sure you get a big enough air pump. I bought what I thought was big but was like 125gph. The second one I bought which is what I think is good for this is like 795gph. The aspect I need to address is noise but I have a plan I may try and take on now.

Vaping some black cherry punch this evening. Loving the flavor and the mellow mood. Stressful work week so this is fantastic .
When I can be home more I will try to go full hydro ranger maybe after my knee surgery

Back
Top Bottom