A Modest Attempt At DWC From Scratch

Hey @Michael Hunt happy Saturday! That is exactly what is is. I have actually been growing a few under it with the lense on and just training them as sort of office plants.

I will say, I moved them to my tent temporarily under the @Budget LED light and they seriously exploded with growth

office plants under the light as purchased:

20210604_103324.jpg

20210605_113557.jpg

I can't really tell by the pictures but in person I noticed a good increase in rate. I like the light I sort of adapted to keep some vegging plants going but there definitely are levels.

Happy Sunday!

I'm working on a bit of a double decker set up. It isn't ideal as is but the office was getting skunky even just in veg.

I'll have a carbon filter for the tent and one outside of the tent as well.
20210606_142638.jpg

If you are interested, I update my current grow in the gsc comparative in my signature
I'm always interested in anything hydro to be honest- love soaking in the information and offering what little help I can.

Happy Friday everyone! My apologies I haven't had much to say by way of updates. The system has been running great in my opinion and everything has been smooth so far (knock on wood)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who stopped by and especially those who gave me such valuable tips. Here are some pics of the ladies 42 days from seed.
The last picture has some plants in soil in the mix. I'll post a picture tonight of just the two from that angle but I cleared my phone put for storage so that is all I had. Have a great weekend and thank you again!
20210618_115611.jpg
20210618_115621.jpg
20210618_092257.jpg

Happy Saturday! I would not recommend doing this and this is only a temporary situation,honestly, only due to the stank of Cherry Pie even in veg. But.... drumroll.......I bring to you......the double decker. I want to hang the light and use the pulleys to adjust height to exactly what I want. Right now I don't have a ladder to mount the pulleys to the ceiling.

These pictures represent attempt one of this process. Anyway......

20210619_091327.jpg

20210619_091601.jpg

I'm trimming up the lower sections of these and these will be mothers for a plan I have for my budscicle run.

currently 78F and 41%rh. I have the fan set at speed 4 constant to filter the air. My wife has a nose for it and isn't the biggest fan. She's obviously accommodating so I try to be too.

You would think smell wouldn't be an issue but these cherry pie plants are extra skunky. The clones were really stanky under the clone dome too .

Interesting test opportunity..I have the same filter and exhaust on two tents. Right now, one is pulling through the filter (veg) and the other is pushing through (hydro flower tent)

20210622_214959.jpg

Loving this veg tent and I promise, I will bring it back to hydro in a moment. The mothers in this tent will be cloned and flowered in 7 plants per bucket lids for budscicles and variety in strains. That is the goal.
20210622_234709.jpg

Happy Friday my fellow Green thumbs! My first run through the hydro set up has been a great learning experience and looks like it will produce a decent amount of good bud!

I have learned from a few mistakes along the way, however. One of which, is the shorter tent that I used. I ran out of vertical room for one of the plants but I think can make it work for this run.

20210805_201933.jpg
20210805_202418.jpg
20210805_202216.jpg

20210804_185158.jpg

Long story long, I think after this run I may consider using the components (mainly the chiller) in my new 4x4 that is taller. If I do, I will definitely document it here.

Happy almost Friday and a long weekend for some (me included!!!) Thanks for stopping by @Verbalist. I have harvested one of the two ladies in hydro. The one on the right side of the tent was more indica leaning and seemed to finish about 2 weeks earlier. The more sativa lady on the left is about a day away from entering the dark period and will likely be chopped Monday morning as I have the day off. Here are some pictures of the harvested lady. Could have gone a bit longer but I was having a hard time watching them get torched so close to the light and am juggling a bit for drying space in tents with a carbon filter for smell. Really happy with the buds though.

20210821_001527.jpg

20210831_160858.jpg

Here is the remaining lady
20210831_205713.jpg
20210831_205541.jpg
20210831_205528.jpg
20210831_210905.jpg

I believe the majority of the leaf issue is due to being way to close to the light but there was one resevoir change where I waited too long and sort of let it go a bit. Either way, tons of sticky buds so I am happy and not bad for a test run to learn how to grow hydro. I may run one more run in here before I use the components to make a new system in my 4x4 to eliminate the height issue. Only problem is the tent is in an insulated closet in the garage so I am not sure how low the tenps will get in winter. I'll probably hold off and build a new set up for the next run just due to the unknown temps.

Congratulations on the harvest, looks nice and frosty! That other one, yeah she doesn't look ready, but I hear you. You do what you gotta do, great job all around, especially for a 1st hydro run! :thumb: :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom