A New Challenge, RDWC Banana Kush

roost1

420 Member
Hello. Ok, decided to give this hydro thing a shot. I've completed three grows in soil which got progressively worse. I watched a mess of videos and read as much as I could before I even started.
I had a tough time trying to figure what would fit my situation. My tent is small 2x4x6. One or two plants max so two 5 gallon buckets and a res.
Heat is my biggest problem. Not wanting to spend a ton until I see If I can do this, I tried to use stuff I already had.

Banana Kush
Indica dominate feminized seeds
Started the 5th week of VEG
HLG 260w Quantum board XL
Fox Farm nutes

Attachments

• IMG_3154 (1).jpg
    IMG_3154 (1).jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 38
I'll bring ya up to date quick. The res was getting warm too fast so I switched to an old 50 quart Cooler I had. The day and night time temps have been and still are 15 degrees above normal and I'm using a ton of Ice.
The hydrogard seems to be working.
I have been dumping and cleaning everything every week for now.
I'm surprised at how fast these are growing.
I topped them a couple times.
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg
IMG_3212.jpg
IMG_3224.jpg
This is where we are right now.

Looks like a nice clean setup. Have you grown Banana Kush before? I've grown a couple Kush varieties but not Banana. Sounds interesting.

Thanks it took a while to build.
Banana kush was my last grow. One of the two I had going at the flip hermied on me. It finished up good, very potent, but the buds were spongy. I got 8 ounces from it.

I'm beginning to see how much these are drinking in a day. Light came on in brain yesterday. Volume decreasing, ppm increasing, makes a whole lot more sense now.
I have a ton of huge fan leaves blocking the light below the net. Gonna have to flip soon.

I'm beginning to see how much these are drinking in a day. Light came on in brain yesterday. Volume decreasing, ppm increasing, makes a whole lot more sense now.
I have a ton of huge fan leaves blocking the light below the net. Gonna have to flip soon.
You may want to trim up the underside of the scrog a bit. You arent going to see any buds worth keeping down there anyway. There are two main reasons for this trim. 1. You increase the ventilizlation in an area that usually isnt well ventilated. 2. Your plant isnt taking up vital energy down below that could be used up top. I think you'll find a defoliation before you flip will also help.

I
You may want to trim up the underside of the scrog a bit. You arent going to see any buds worth keeping down there anyway. There are two main reasons for this trim. 1. You increase the ventilizlation in an area that usually isnt well ventilated. 2. Your plant isnt taking up vital energy down below that could be used up top. I think you'll find a defoliation before you flip will also help.

I'm taking some off but I don't want to get too carried away yet.
A lot of those leaves are bigger than my hand.

I'm taking some off but I don't want to get too carried away yet.
A lot of those leaves are bigger than my hand.
Yeah thatll happen. They will get much bigger if you let them, somwhere I have pictures of one larger than my size 13 flop flop. Still nothing compared to outside Hydro is renowned for lots of leaves. The ones you take now will replace the ones you remove in a couple weeks.

This is one of those things that people argue about all the time... Should one remove leaves or not. Some will say "you dont remove leaves outdoors". But, you cant compare the two. If you want to see plants defoliated and brought back to a semi high level of success look up schwazzing ( spelling?). I dont recommend this to anyone, but it's an excellent example of the durability of our plants.

If I were you I'd look at where the tops are, and how they are covering other tops. Then I'd trim those upper tops back a bit to allow light to the lower. Dont remove leaves close to the tops. Just an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom