A New Grower's Guide - Scrog - Soil - HPS - Air Pots - White Rhino

:welcome:
Day 45 of 12/12

So hello everyone! week six of 12/12 is going smooth and steady. This summer is pretty hot thus far so a little burn is showing more on the tips of leaves, other than that, the buds have swelled a good bit. We're still on schedule with the FF nutrients, plant is real pretty lol. enjoy!

DSCN15396.JPG

DSCN15403.JPG

DSCN15415.JPG

DSCN15435.JPG

DSCN15456.JPG

DSCN15465.JPG

DSCN15484.JPG

DSCN15493.JPG

DSCN15512.JPG

DSCN15546.JPG

DSCN15557.JPG

DSCN15567.JPG

DSCN15575.JPG

DSCN15588.JPG

DSCN15597.JPG

DSCN15616.JPG

DSCN15625.JPG

DSCN15632.JPG

DSCN15656.JPG

DSCN15665.JPG

DSCN15695.JPG

DSCN15705.JPG

DSCN15714.JPG

DSCN15513.JPG

DSCN15558.JPG

I def think Ill be able to do better this fall, cooler temps will really help me grow better looking buds. Hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying life, happy growing y'all!
:peace:
:surf::surf::surf:

Hey hodder those buds are looking great. I love your setup. Well done. You and I have a few different techniques, but overall we do a lot of things alike. Check out my "simple hydro" article in my sig if you're interested. I recently moved to the air-pots too and I love them so far.

I'm subscribed and I want to see the final harvest weight on this puppy. How many ounces do you usually get with this method?

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

:yummy: Looks amazing. thats gonna be some nice sugar sir. :bravo: Can you elaborate on the typical week of nutes and watering? Your using the FF trio i assume?

Thanks for the kind words brother! Yes indeed I am using the basic trio from FF as well as the bush doctor microbe brew made by FF. I have been following the soil feed schedule pretty closely. Since I have just the one plant, I have been giving her just 1 gallon total of feed mixture a week. The gallon is split and applied in 2 doses a week. I feed every week like this: Feed - water - feed - flush. I usually go very light on the first watering of the week, the plant gets a good soak at the end of every week. Im still a novice at this whole nutrient thing lol, tips are very welcome y'all lol!
:thumb:

Hey hodder those buds are looking great. I love your setup. Well done. You and I have a few different techniques, but overall we do a lot of things alike. Check out my "simple hydro" article in my sig if you're interested. I recently moved to the air-pots too and I love them so far.

I'm subscribed and I want to see the final harvest weight on this puppy. How many ounces do you usually get with this method?

Thanks amigo! You have some great setups going, very impressive. I love the drain to waste grow style so far, very simple and low maintenance. Not sure if i'll ever mess with a big hydro system, I just don't require giant harvests and fast cycles at this time. But, a "giant-ish" harvest would be nice lol, This is my first "true" run with this screen setup but I am aiming for 3+ oz. But really my main goal is super high quality medical bud lol. Thanks for stopping by, happy growing!
:bong:

Freaking awesome man! :goodjob:

Plant is looking real good, buds are getting fat. Nice work Hodder.

very nice mate, not long left till harvest now by the looks of it,

some very nice looking bud indeed,
well done

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by with the great vibes! We're in the home stretch now! see ya soon with an update!
:reading420magazine::bongrip:

>>>This is my first "true" run with this screen setup but I am aiming for 3+ oz.

Hey hodder, maybe the pictures are deceptive, but I'm thinking 4+oz. Good job, especially for only a 2 x 2 space. Time to celebrate soon. I can't wait to see the final pictures.

I went back and read most of your journal. Very nice tutorial, including the SCROG. I normally do screws in the top of the 2x2's but I'm going to steal your idea on my next scrog I make, and drill the holes like you did. In my mind, this is the ideal setup for someone who wants to grow one plant at a time. And btw, LOVE the airpots! I just ordered a few of the "10 gal equivalents", I think they are actual 8 gallon. woo hoo!

+reps for you for a great tutorial.

Capn

That's a great grow, man!
I love how the air-pot and the SCROG come together :circle-of-love:

>>>This is my first "true" run with this screen setup but I am aiming for 3+ oz.

Hey hodder, maybe the pictures are deceptive, but I'm thinking 4+oz. Good job, especially for only a 2 x 2 space. Time to celebrate soon. I can't wait to see the final pictures.

I went back and read most of your journal. Very nice tutorial, including the SCROG. I normally do screws in the top of the 2x2's but I'm going to steal your idea on my next scrog I make, and drill the holes like you did. In my mind, this is the ideal setup for someone who wants to grow one plant at a time. And btw, LOVE the airpots! I just ordered a few of the "10 gal equivalents", I think they are actual 8 gallon. woo hoo!

+reps for you for a great tutorial.

Capn

Thank you so much Capn, If I get 4 zips I will really be ecstatic! Yeah even though I don't have much experience, I can just tell that the Air-Pot is really great for roots, the proof is in the giant root ball that you get. For my next scrog I may use bigger pots for even more roots! Happy growing bro!

cant wait, your plant looks super healthy,

im interested in why you flush, ill try and find time to read back from the start to see what grow medium your using, i use soil and dont flush but i do feed nutes then water once or twice before next feed, i did feed nutes with every water but i was speaking with someone a while back who suggested we are giving these plants way to much nutrients because these plants really dont need that much and giving to much can do more harm than good, so i stopped feeding bpn with every feed and started feeding nutrients with every 3rd water,
so mine is nutrient,water,water,nutrient and so on, but my dwc 2ltr hempie gets nutrients every feed as it needs it, but i find my soil plants do much better when they actually get chance to use up whats in the soil, plus it stops anything building up and causing problems, you can usually tell when the plant needs more nutrients and ive not noticed my plants showing signs of needed more, but i guess different nutrients brands respond differently, but i think your method works well and seems to be doing the best for your plant.

looks like you will have a very nice harvest,

Day 52 of 12/12

Whats up everyone! welcome to week 7 of 12/12. Plant is still swelling and stinky lol. Thanks for the great comments and support everyone. She received week 7 nutrients and seems happy. The temps read a little hot in the pics but we are managing, she is somehow surviving the Sahara temps that sometimes creep up during the hottest part of the day. The buds do seem really dense and sticky, we really could be looking at 3+ oz. which would really make my season lol. Enjoy the pics, we will start checking trichomes soon with the usb microscope.

DSCN00026.JPG

DSCN00037.JPG

DSCN00043.JPG

DSCN00056.JPG

DSCN00068.JPG

DSCN00097.JPG

DSCN00118.JPG

DSCN00148.JPG

DSCN00155.JPG

DSCN00165.JPG

DSCN00177.JPG

DSCN00189.JPG

DSCN002010.JPG

DSCN00224.JPG

DSCN00245.JPG

DSCN00262.JPG

DSCN00274.JPG

DSCN00285.JPG

DSCN00294.JPG

DSCN00306.JPG

DSCN001651.jpg

See ya soon everybody, happy growing y'all!
:peace:

very nice, not long till harvest now by the looks of it, are you all ready checking the trichs, that last pics look like their on their way to been cloudy if not mostly cloudy all ready, id dont look like you got long left, the calyx should be staring to swell up anytime now

looks like some very nice buds,

well done, have some reps

Awesome journal Hodder! I read from start to finish, and you have me thinking scrog for my next indoor grow. I really like your writing style, and the way you color some of your words. Very creative. I am a complete newb so don't take this as criticism being that I know next to nothing - but when I read through and saw the defol - I was a little shocked, I don't know if I could do that to my girls even if I knew it would help yield (hope they are girls, knock on wood). It seems that it all worked out and you will have a bountiful med-quality harvest! Awesome pics too btw. +Reps :goodjob:

very nice, not long till harvest now by the looks of it, are you all ready checking the trichs, that last pics look like their on their way to been cloudy if not mostly cloudy all ready, id dont look like you got long left, the calyx should be staring to swell up anytime now

looks like some very nice buds,

well done, have some reps

Awesome journal Hodder! I read from start to finish, and you have me thinking scrog for my next indoor grow. I really like your writing style, and the way you color some of your words. Very creative. I am a complete newb so don't take this as criticism being that I know next to nothing - but when I read through and saw the defol - I was a little shocked, I don't know if I could do that to my girls even if I knew it would help yield (hope they are girls, knock on wood). It seems that it all worked out and you will have a bountiful med-quality harvest! Awesome pics too btw. +Reps :goodjob:

Incredible Hodder, major props for growing such a Grand Plant +reps :bravo::thumb::adore:

How many weeks till harvest?

:thanks:
Wow! thank you so much for the reps guys! It won't be long now folks lol, Im going to try and put some trichome shots up tonight with the USB scope. Hopefully I'll be able to give her at least a week or more with no nutrients, two weeks would be perfect. She got her last and final does of nutrients about 4 day ago, and a very heavy water yesterday. Now I will let her dry out and hopefully some of the bigger fan leaves will yellow a bit. Some of you may have noticed I never did the day 45 defoliation. I think I took a little too many leaves off during first defol, so I just let the plant go as all of the buds were swelling nicely! As of yet I have seen no male parts or "nanners" so this could be some true sinsemilla if we're lucky! I think next week I may start germinating the next round for the new ultimate scrog! lol! So stay tuned everyone, things are about to get awesome with harvest day looming!

:peace::high-five::peace:

Back
Top Bottom