A New Grower's Guide - Scrog - Soil - HPS - Air Pots - White Rhino

also i would not run a scrog or any other training method with an auto, any stress will result in lower yields as you cant keep them in veg as long as regular none autos

ive had autos start flowering at week 2 and autos flowering at week 6, so it depends on strain, breeder etc etc, plus grow set up, nutrients,
autos dont always like high strength nutes so best to start at 1/2 strength then work you way up,

ive grown autos under 24-0 and 20-4 and even 12-12, now ive been growing kc45 autos for a while, i always grew them under 20-4 and 24-0 and kept getting very poor yields, anything from an 8th up to about 1/4oz per auto,
so then i decided to grow the kc45 autos under 12-12 from start to harvest, ive grown 4 now under 12-12 and the 1st one produced 2oz, the other 2 ive got growing now and are over 1ft and just started flowering at week 6, where as under 20-4 and 24-0 they started flowering around week 3, i got a male thats well over a 1ft as well, under 24-0 and 20-4 i was lucky if the plants got 1ft high at harvest, but under 12-12 they seem t finish around 1.5ft to 2ft and start flowering around 1ft high,

so the kc45 auto seems to work much better under 12-12, which goes against everything i was told, so ill be running more tests with the autos ive just ordered, im starting to think autos benefit from a good dark period like regular none autos,

my theory on why this is the case is in my latest journal,
so feel free to come over and post any questions you like or start your own journal and we can all follow along,
i dont mind helping anyone who needs helping, plus their are many top growers on here who are more than happy to help, king,hodder plus many many more,

if your going for a scrog then go with an indica as they tend to bush out more and will fill the scrog more even.

are you going to grow in soil, transplanting does shock the plant but done carefully the stress will be minimul, its best to transplant autos early as any restricted root growth by getting to much roots in the pot will only slow growth and affect over all yield,

their are autos out their that produce well time after time, big bang autos is pretty much 4oz per auto each time grown, so thats a big auto but slightly longer grow time, basically the shorter the grow time the shorter the plant, plus on the seed sites remember the yield is based on per meter sq and not per plant unless it says per plant,

they use per meter sq as this is a sea of green type grow where you have 40 or 50 plants grown in small pots, so iv you just got 10g per plant dry then thats 500g dry from all the plants, so when they say 500g for yield they usualy mean sog grow which will always produce well,

i could fit 100 to 150 2ltr dwcs in my room, 12-12 from seed to harvest with none auto plants will produce at least 1/4 oz of bud per plant, now time that by just 100 and thats 700g of dry bud every 8 to 10 weeks, plus you could stagger the harvest and harvest 20 plants every 2 weeks as going 12-12 from seed means you plant as often as you like,
so just remember that when checking yields on the seed banks sites, they usualy mean sog and anything from 20 to 50 plants lollypopped.

the best seed bank i have found by far is herbies head shop, he is one of the sponsors on here, low prices, top quality and great customer service, plus buy just 1 seed and you get 3 free, 1 will be fem or fem auto and the others will be regular seeds,

his latest free offer is 1 cotton candy gem and 2 white widow cross skunk#1, herbie says this is a new strain from a breeder that will be up for sale pretty soon, so it will be under a new name once its released, its going to be a nice strain, i just planted 2 the other day,

Here is a critter that was making a lot of noise while I was snapping some pics lol:

DSCN00565.JPG

:welcome:
Day 66 of 12/12 Trichome Check

Hey everybody! So I was in the mood to check some more trichomes. But I really wanted to scope out a whole bud instead of one little leaf tip lol. So I clipped one of the smallest top buds I could find. This bud here is the result of the only snap off that occurred during the defoliation back around day 20 of 12/12. This cute little double bud grew where a top cola would have been.

DSCN00588.JPG

DSCN00618.JPG

DSCN006210.JPG

DSCN006412.JPG

From the looks of these next pics, she still isn't ready for chopping. Too many clear and cloudy, not enough amber for the sedative stone we are looking for lol. Im thinking a few more days until we plunge her into total darkness, but what are everyone else's thoughts? Also how would all of you trim this bud up? Would you leave a lot of the leaf tips or cut them back? I pretty much don't mind smoking it if its covered in trichomes lol. But Im always soooo curious as to how home growers trim and manicure their finished product, for personal use lol.

g47.jpg

ggg1.jpg

gg4.jpg

ggggg1.jpg

gggg1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by everyone, see ya soon with another full pic update! happy growing!

:peace:

+reps on that baby nug. :yummy:

If its only for you to smoke, I would leave some if its way frosty. If its just a little coverd, the taste of th 'greenness' wont justify not trimming it. BTW good weed sir.:)

very nice, not long to go i dont see many clear trichs but i do see plenty of amber, you see the 1st trich pic, well in the center of the screen if you look a tad to the right on the edge of that leaf they look amber to me, so your only down to days now at the most.
clear trichs look like water or clear ice so their is very little of that.

with the trimming what i like to do is trim the leaves off with no trichs on them first so their out the way and in the bin, then i do a trim of each bud and remove any trim thats sticking out of the bud, if i can get to the stem of the sugar leaf then ill remove it but if not i trim so the bud is even all the way round with nothing sticking out, then i keep the trim to make hash with like i did a few pages back in my journal,

so youve not got long left now, some growers dont trim till its been dried then they trim the leaves before a cure, but i prefer to put the plant on a table in its pot and trim off as much as i can before i cut the buds off the plant, so this part i usually remove fan leaves and anything im not going to keep as trim, then i work my way around the plant cutting 1 bud off at a time then i trim it and move onto the next, i like to trim everything back to the bud, then process the trim at a later date, but you can leave the sugar leaves on if you like, its all smokable with the buds so its down to how you want to do it really,

if you was using a trimming machine then that trims very close to the bud removing anything thats sticking out, using clippers you can remove as much or as little as you like,

that critter on the last page would drive me mad, my dog would be trying to climb up the wall to get it, glad we dont have stuff like that round here if it was any bigger you could put a saddle on it and take it for a ride

very nice hodder, well done mate, have some reps

+reps on that baby nug. :yummy:

If its only for you to smoke, I would leave some if its way frosty. If its just a little coverd, the taste of th 'greenness' wont justify not trimming it. BTW good weed sir.:)

Baby nug :laughtwo:

:thanks:
Thanks for the tips guys, tomorrow I think I may put the plant into darkness before the big chop! She has been on plain water for about 12 days now. The little baby bud smells incredible as it dries, can't wait to sample . I am dying to see how she tastes lol! See ya soon everybody, happy growing!
:thumb:

Looking great Hodder. I have trimmed up buds and kept a jar for good cutting and used them to roll joints that turned out very good :rollit::joint:

Nice you liked that man :) personally i have headache everytime i smoke trimmings, never tried "for" myself but my friend smokes tobacco so i told him to quit that and just mix sugar leafs,i smoked with him that way and pum... headache.

Looking great Hodder. I have trimmed up buds and kept a jar for good cutting and used them to roll joints that turned out very good :rollit::joint:

Nice you liked that man :) personally i have headache everytime i smoke trimmings, never tried "for" myself but my friend smokes tobacco so i told him to quit that and just mix sugar leafs,i smoked with him that way and pum... headache.

vewy intewesting........lol! Thanks for the input guys. I guess where this issue really stems from for me is the fact that hash scares me lol. There are just soooo many different ways to collect the trichomes from trim to make hash, oil, etc...how do we know what the best is? I wish there was a governing body (located in Amsterdam) that could say: "this is the best way to make hash!" and we could have a set of guidelines lol. Part of me wants to invest in a set of bubble bags, but part of me says just make butter for cooking. Maybe someday on a more tolerant planet we will all grow so much personal medicine that we will put our trim and sugar leaves in the compost for the next grow lol! Thanks again for stopping by everyone! happy growing!

...There are just soooo many different ways to collect the trichomes from trim to make hash, oil, etc...how do we know what the best is...

Maybe you need to reverse engineer your thinking sir. Any extra is a positive, so there is no way to F it up. :):)

hodder, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but check out the dry ice method. I'm not sure it's the best, but it is SOO easy, and the product works great. I use the red and white 200 micron shaker bag from ebay. Search for "micron dry ice bag". It literally takes 5 minutes and you're done. No mess. The more you shake, the greener it gets. I shake for 15 seconds and then scrape the gold (best quality stuff) to the side, then shake again and it gets a little greener. Then you can smoke it, vape it, make butter or oil, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom