A Newbie Here!

basssc

420 Member
Hello Friends ! I am new at this valuable forum. And i am a newbie too
smile.png
So i need your experienced eyes and answers here
smile.png
So ;

This plant has opened her leaves to sun on 26 April from seed. Veg is over on 27 May and flowering stage has been started (with 48h darkness)...Photos from 13 June. I am using Advanced Nutrients GrowMicroBloom + Big Bud. I do not know the strain. The seed is coming from my friend...He does not know either.

-My led light is Full Spectrum Led light? I did not buy this. I borrowed from my friend and he said it is full-spectrum but i wanted to ask you too guys.
-As you see i removed many fan leaves after the flowering stage began. But there are still some. Should i remove them more?all fan leaves?
-In the Advanced Nutrients feeding chart, it says "4ml for GrowMicroBloom + 2ml Big Bud for a week" . But the soil gets dry quicker than a week.I am watering once a 4 days...I am applying 3 Liter for every watering. And i put fertilizer for every wateringr? Or i only use fertilizer only once in a week and rest is simple water?
-Light distance is Ok you think? The meter shows 65 cm.

Very Thx Friends for your answers...Good Day

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200601_194424.jpg
    IMG_20200601_194424.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200613_004805.jpg
    IMG_20200613_004805.jpg
    954.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200613_005200.jpg
    IMG_20200613_005200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 48
First of all, if that is your first plant, great job! It's not easy getting your first one to this point in flower so kudos. That being said, I think you have a lot of nutrients and salt built up in your soil.
Only remove fan leaves to open up new budsites. There are reasons to defoliate more but they don't really apply to your grow.
For watering check out Emilyas thread because that is key when it comes to soil/coco watering. I think you should be alternating your feedings with pure water. If you water 2x a week, than once with nutes, once with pure water. I believe you could also feed both times if you cut your dosage in half. I think you need to immediately flush the pot with minimum 3x the pot size with pure water. I bet your runoff has a ton of salt in it.
The light distance seems ok as I dont see any burning.
I have completly switched to hydro so my soil knowledge might be a little rusty but we should be able to make sure you get a good harvest!

First of all, if that is your first plant, great job! It's not easy getting your first one to this point in flower so kudos. That being said, I think you have a lot of nutrients and salt built up in your soil.
Only remove fan leaves to open up new budsites. There are reasons to defoliate more but they don't really apply to your grow.
For watering check out Emilyas thread because that is key when it comes to soil/coco watering. I think you should be alternating your feedings with pure water. If you water 2x a week, than once with nutes, once with pure water. I believe you could also feed both times if you cut your dosage in half. I think you need to immediately flush the pot with minimum 3x the pot size with pure water. I bet your runoff has a ton of salt in it.
The light distance seems ok as I dont see any burning.
I have completly switched to hydro so my soil knowledge might be a little rusty but we should be able to make sure you get a good harvest!

Thx for your answer friend...Can you explain more pls...
-You said flush immediately?As i know flush the plant at last 2 weeks...
-Whats is salt thing, what happens? What did i do wrong to increase salt in the soil?

Looks fine ... why remove fan leaves?? Nice tile work too BTW.

I've read and seen many videos about removing big, fan leaves (big leaves coming from main body) on flowering stage. As i know if you remove them, plant doesnt spend energy for them or plant concentrate to creating buds. Am i wrong? :)

I've read and seen many videos about removing big, fan leaves (big leaves coming from main body) on flowering stage. As i know if you remove them, plant doesnt spend energy for them or plant concentrate to creating buds. Am i wrong? :)
What works for one person might not work for the next one. Especially if the two people are growing with different methods and materials. It might be best to go back and watch the same video again to see if the person mentions why they took the leaves off. Did they take them off to open up the lower area for better air flow? Did they take them off because the leaves were blocking light from getting to a particular flower bud? Do they take the big fan leaves off at a particular point in the life of the plant as in when it has been flowering for 28 days?

We have to remember that the leaves are what the plant needs to make the materials it needs to grow. Photosynthesis takes place in the leaves. Photosynthesis is chemical process where light, which is energy, is used to combine carbon dioxide with water to make the sugars with the oxygen from the water left over. The plant stores these sugars in the leaves and the roots and can move most of them around to the other leaves, stems, and flowers when needed. Some of the group will call the large fan leaves the storehouses for the plant. Take off to many fan leaves and the plant will often end up without enough of the stored sugars.

(Photosynthesis is one example of the laws of physics where energy can be used to make leaves and stems and roots. Then the leaves and stems can be dried up and burned. The heat and light from burning the matter is turned back into energy. Or, energy to matter back to energy.)

Yup....

Think of fan leaves and what their function is.

They do several things actually. Some you don't think about.

They have the ability to interact with the main stem (the one everybody likes to chop off aka "topping") and trade growth hormones or plant growth regulators. This is how the plant knows where the sun is and if its shady tells the apical meristem to grow taller/wider/grow bigger flowers all sorts of things like that we dont think about.

Also the fan leaves have a traditional function that is very important for plant growth. They have a different life cycle than the plant does. Think of them as a solar panel generating energy for the plant in its early and mid stages. As its generating energy its also storing energy for the plant later on when she becomes sexually mature (flowering stage). Then those same fan leaves will give back the stored energy to the plant (translocation) during flowering.

This is just a brief description - actually there's even more going on. Taking them off specially in flower is completely the opposite of what you want to do. IF you want to grow great flower.

Now some folks will say they block the light.... the plant has the ability to move those leaves in the way or out of the way and they do it all the time. Flowers do not generate much photosynthesis the flowers anyway that process is what the fan leaves are for among other processes.

There's also a thing called "transpiration", this is another very important function of fan leaves. This is how the plant moves nutrients from the roots to the shoots and grows bigger flowers etc.

This is just plain old biology and how plants work. Its nothing about different strokes for different growers using a specific style... take off your fan leaves if you want but dont make up science.

There's facts and science then there's opinions. I'm just giving you the facts.

I take off a fan leaf or two to scope them for pests like hemp mites. I will also remove any that are touching the soil in VEG. This has nothing to do with making flowers. This is an example of my style of growing and my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom