A PC grow thread!

amsterdamShag

It's a perfect fusion of my favorite things in the world! Plus I'm going to be moving 3 times in the next 3 months so I need something robust and self-contained. I had this case in mind:

CDN-GBT-GZFS1CCAANB.jpg

My only reserve is spending so much for something I'm going to rip apart, although I haven't found any of the big ol' Gateway towers from the 90s on the internet or IRL. But this would cover my needs for stealth, ventilation, security, and possibly irrigation as it comes with its own liquid cooling system (reservoir, pump, and tubing). Thoughts and advice?

I'd also love to see some musings over your own first setup, especially the DIY stealth rigs. What did you use for the grow box? How did you maintain the metrics of the environment (temp, humidity, air flow, etc.) for your babies? How did you control light, noise, and the sweet stinky aromas? Reminisce for me!

Well darn, I thought my first grow was stealth... 4x4 growlab tent with 600w mh/hps.. "I shall continue to tell myself its stealth for covert sakes" Did you scan for "ATX Super Towers" they are just about the largest case you can get, just slightly larger than ATX Full. I am sure you would be able to get at least 6 - 26w CFL's in it.

i got a few pc grows that went well, all harvested over an oz a plant out of 3,
42 watt cfls

i got a few pc grows that went well, all harvested over an oz a plant out of 3,
42 watt cfls

Ought to be able to get that much with a 70-watt HPS and save some electricity while making less heat. Although you probably wouldn't do it in a PC case. 20-30 gallon aluminum trash can, maybe (a 150-watt HPS works ok in a 30 gallon one).

Are there any completed PC grow journals here? I've seen a few start and end in the Abandoned Journals forum. Wouldn't mind checking out one that actually came to fruition (budition? lol) that I could read from start to finish.

I guess I could hit the site's search function.

Actually, I think he is saying he has had 3 diff grows with 1 plant each, all of which yielded over 1oz per plant...

As ive found if you live in the UK this is the best setup you can have for personal use whereas if you're in the US the build is so much simpler with the whole power strip and 4 20w bulbs. Order a server tower they're about 18" to 36" for no more than £30 delivered. At the moment I have 2 northern lights beans not far from sprouting under 2 20w cfls until I move out next week then they're getting a 125w bulb for flowering. Good luck bro :)

here you go

I never imagined I'd say this, but I was just pleasantly surprised by a PC-case grow. That thing is cute, lol, regardless of the amount you harvest.

I think you just got yourself promoted to the PC Grow Go-To Guy. :thumb:

I never imagined I'd say this, but I was just pleasantly surprised by a PC-case grow. That thing is cute, lol, regardless of the amount you harvest.

I think you just got yourself promoted to the PC Grow Go-To Guy. :thumb:

haha thanks but that was a pc i built for my buddy spoon420, just one of the many people i taught to grow.

they were just 42 watt cfl's one day light the other soft white i think it was 2300k & 5700k.

Back
Top Bottom