A pleasant surprise: Looking for advice on how to move forward

ChefKimbo

Hey 420 Fam,

Here is a plant I had been experimenting with for an outdoor grow, straight in the ground. Planted in the ground at about 2 weeks old the goal was to find a small inconspicuous area outside where I could veg a plant until I saw sex organs, and go from there.
IMAG12348.jpg

To my surprise, today I discovered she is a GIRL!!! Really didn't expect her to survive the hurricane, but I did take some measures to help her. I was sure she was a male because in my very limited experience the males seemed to give off scent before the females. Her scent is wonderful, fruity with a hit of gas/petrol on the rear. She actually smells better than the 3 month old female in my box that's been flowering for a month!!

So id like to do my best to preserve and grow her to harvest. She has had no feedings or maintenance since I planted her and she has survived all on her own. I think it would be a great idea to preserve her genetics the best way possible. I topped and LSTed her to keep the profile low while she matured in the ground. Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if transplanting to a pot is a great idea, her main stem looks spindly but its actually very woody at this point and thickening well. She seems pretty healthy other than some pest issues and I'm sure she is in flower because she kicked out 5 finger leaves a week ago and now her new leaves are 3 finger. She also has some new grow coming at the nodes. Security is a concern, I don't want to draw attention to her at all so something has to be done. I took my very first cuttings just yesterday from the older female. I'm a complete noob at cloning and I'm hoping the clones take even though they were cut late into flower which from the research I've done is generally avoided. So would my best option be to continually take cuttings from her and flower them, or should I attempt to transplant her into a large wide pot and continue LST while she grows in the cab?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm not seeing any signs of sex at this point, are there some pistils we can't see in the pic? I've never heard of the number of leaf lobes correlating to the growth stage. Generally, a plant will have more lobes as it gets larger. Mine have all started with 3, and progressed toward 9 as they age. Genetics also plays a large role in the maximum number of lobes. I can't say I've seen one develop fewer lobes as it grows... but it looks healthy, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I would take a few clones from it, then once the clones root, do whatever you're going to do with the donor. You'll most likely damage the roots digging it up, so I wouldn't have high hopes for it if you do attempt to put it in a container.

If you look hard you can see on the left cola the number of leaflets go from 5 to 3. Im very inexperienced but this is what i've seen from the 5 plants that made it to flower including this one.
Its for sure a female, pistils shooting out of the tops and the nodes just below. My camera is pretty bad i wish i could get a better pic.
I was really leaning towards just chopping the two tops for clones, and just continue to take cuts from her as she grows until she gets too big. Sort of a staggered approach so that i can flower those clones as i take them. As small ashe she is her stems are wooding up pretty fast so im not sure how successful this will be.

Thanks for the chime in.

You can use a sharp and sterile razor blade to scrape the woody part of the stem until you get down to some exposed xylem (the white fibrous layer) to help it root better.

The only reason I can see for moving her is for security purposes. If your afraid someone will take notice and either steal her or go snitch on you then you'll have to be careful to move her without damaging those precious roots.

Back
Top Bottom