Votes: 30 3.7%
  • House and Garden

Votes: 200 24.4%
  • Humbolt

Votes: 20 2.4%
  • Miscellaneous

Votes: 233 28.4%

• Total voters
Re: A poll to see what kind of nutes are prefered.

Hey Guys. I am new here but am on my second grow. I have done a lot of research to see whats in AN nutes and its quite impressive. Being the person I am I tried to copy a bit of what was in the nutes and came up with my own "super grow bud candy".
I have the budget to buy AN, but since I'm only growing bagseed for personal use I felt I could experiment a little.

First things first. This is a soil grow.
I am using 1 400 w HPS for veg and Flowering
1 fan to circulate air
the room is 4x8
3 plants 1 flowering now

My Bud Candy Ingredients

3 tbs molasses
2 tbs MG Rose Bloom for flowering (I know its a supposed sin but it works when used right)
2 tbs MG all Purpose Plant food takes the place of the above for vegging
1/2 tbs og generic water soluble 5-20-20 fertilizer to add extra p and k (for flowering blend only
2/3 cup Acai Berry V8 juice blend
1 tbs Epsom Salt
4 cups water
2 pieces wheat bread
1 plastic ziplock bag with tiny holes poked through

Place the bread in the ziplock bag. Add that and the rest of the ingredients to a pot and allow to cook on low heat to reduce.

When the mix reduces halfway (about 2 1/2 cups) remove the ziplock bag and let it cool down.

Now this is a potent mix so the next step is vital. I use 2 64 oz bottles or you can use a gallon bottle, add the cooled mix to the bottle and fill the rest with purified or bottled water.

I give to my babies 1/4 cup a piece per week.

My profile pic is one of my girls.

Interesting. I would love to see your concoction in action with your grow. Have you thought about sharing this grow with our community in a grow journal? I would love to see it.

BTW, :welcome: to 420magazine.com, GreenGoblin74! :cheer:

Why the hell not. Here are some pics. Some taken today. And the first 3 are 2 weeks old.
94_days_old_1st_wk_of_flowering_taken_may_28_2010_1_.jpg
Tiny_girl_next_to_her.jpg
may_28_2010.jpg
topjune14.jpg
17_days_flowering.jpg

Hey People. you guys might find this link interesting. Find out what you are feeding your plants. I was just reading about a particular brand which i have used in the past, you might know of it, its used in the urban grower clips.
Fertilizer Product Database

Check out the heavy metals the are feeding us and our plants!

Arsenic anyone? gotta be good for you....... :surf:

Well guys im using mg soil...ya i kno not good ill be change to fox farm when i harvest..but i just wanted to know what is some good nutes to use with this soil to make bigger budz

I use canna nutes, boost, rhizotonic, pk13/14.. yea i got em all :)
how come it's not on the poll, i thought they were one of the more popular brands?

I use canna nutes, boost, rhizotonic, pk13/14.. yea i got em all :)
how come it's not on the poll, i thought they were one of the more popular brands?

How do you like the Canna nutes so far?

Strange, the poll results are pretty much what I expected to see. Thats a good thing though... that means that many of our members are not so taken in by labels.

Just for the record... I prefer/used a couple of different products this year. I mainly used Age Old Grow, Liquid Karma, Botanicare Pro Bloom, Humboldt Bloom (got 5 Gals for free).
Those are my main feeds, some other stuff I use in conjunction w/the feeds mostly as a foliage spray are Super Thrive and Maxi-Crop... there are a couple of others that will remain my secret for now... muwaahaahaaaa

That is a bad ass link chilled27... +rep for the share!
I had to rewrite the syntax in the link to find the home page, but here it is, you can search their DB for most any known nute product and get results.
Here is a search I just did on the bloom sauce that I use:
BOTANICARE PURE BLEND PRO BLOOM 1-4-5 (1.0% Ca, 0.5% Mg) Specialty Fertilizer Approved

I will be using this link again and again, it caters to my need to know useful factoids... LOL I am really just a spazz about what my plants are getting... hell... my plants eat healthier/better than I do by far!

Here is the link, I'm sure you'll want to book this one for future reference:

Here is another fert DB I found, Washington States Fert DB, a very good DB:
WSDA Fertilizer Product Database

Hey People. you guys might find this link interesting. Find out what you are feeding your plants. I was just reading about a particular brand which i have used in the past, you might know of it, its used in the urban grower clips.

Check out the heavy metals the are feeding us and our plants!

Arsenic anyone? gotta be good for you....... :surf:

I have tried GH AN & Humboldt... I really like the AN base 2 Part right now because of it being PH perfect for my Hydro.

I've just started doing some side by side testing.
Hydro drip Rockwool 20gal return Flushing once a week. 1000w hps

Previous: GH base 3 part / Grow Tec: Monster Bloom: Vey basic with Just average results. fluffy Flowers average potency... Did a bunch of research and have been playing with Great ressults.

Last 3 Grows: weeks 1-4 AN Sensi 2 part / GH Kool Bloom Liquid / AN Bud Candy / Foiler Spray Humboldt Purple max> weeks 4-5 AN 2 part Sensi / GH Kool Bloom Powder / AN Bud Candy Foiler Humboldt Purple Max> Weeks 6-7 An Sensi / GH Kool Bloom Powder / Humboldt Gravity Humboldt Purple max> Week 8 flush. Great results... Gravity made Flowers Swell & get ROCK HARD. Just be careful strong stuff if too much is used will BURN your plants. Bud Blood / Gravity / Kool Bloom Powder combo sped up the Grow and seem to finish in 7 weeks so had to adjust nuts for 7 week grow. Ran this combo for 3 runs now and very good results and GREAT Finished Product. Since running this Increased Trics and Rock Hard Flowers and Very Potent.

Grow was done same as above without use of Gravity and results were very good, but not as much SWELL ( fat looking not fluffy if you know what I mean) of flowers and "Not" near as Rock Hard. Because of hardness finished product burned way slower so went further / weighed more. No difference in taste.

Wanted to try an AN formula Bin 2
Bloom> First 2 weeks AN Bud Blood / AN Sensi Base 2 part / Sensi Bud Candy / Big Bud (week 2 only )> weeks 3-5 AN Sensi Base 2 part / AN B-52 / AN Big Bud / AN Bud Candy> Week 6 & 7 AN Sensi base / AN B-52 / AN Overdrive > week 8 Flush. ( In week 5 and looking GREAT very pleased). Looks like 8 week finish time. Only NON AN is Humboldt Purple Max Foiler spray weeks 1-7

Same plants used in both grows...

So far I noticed larger Buds on second Grow with AN Products and plants are taller with more vigor. Not streted tall but full with more flowers and taller. Resin/Tric seems about the same as Previous. Flowers seem to be as large in week 5 as they were at finish of Previous grows. If they don't start to swell and get Hard by week 7 I might try and add the Gravity because I want the Rock hard Flower in the end. Will see what affect Overdrive has first. Would be good to ask what they are using Hydro Vs Soil
:morenutes: :peacetwo:

re: A Poll To See What Kind Of Nutes Are Prefered

Does anyone know if I can use the soil fox farm SOIL trio , on DWC Hydroponic set up?
This is my first grow and tempted to switch to a simpler hydro set up.

Thank you and roll em up!

I am somewhat new to indoor growing, my outdoor grows I use FoxFarm. I have had great results with it.

Had a few indoor soil grows using FoxFarm and it did well.

Just started my first indoor Hydro , using GH and so far all is good. I am loving DWC and GH. I still prefer outdoor growing but during the winter months here in Colorado IF this keeps up, I will be a GH DWC grower indoors every winter. Fire it up a few weeks before my last outdoor harvest and run it for 6 mos.

:peace:
WillyB

Does anyone know if I can use the soil fox farm SOIL trio , on DWC Hydroponic set up?
This is my first grow and tempted to switch to a simpler hydro set up.

Thank you and roll em up!

For hydro, you need to use hydro nutes that have all the major and minor nutrients since water, unlike soil, has none.

The only one of the "trio" that won't work in hydro is the Grow Big, which comes in both a soil and hydro version.

The Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom will work in both soil and hydro, but you need to get the Grow Big Hydro if you want to run FF in DWC.

That is very helpfull, Thanks a lot guys!!! My seeds came in today... Feels like Christmas !!!!!

Happy HOLIDAYS, KEEP EM BURNIN!

I am using nutes for the first time in this grow. I decided on Botanicare's Pure Blend Pro Grow(for soil) and Pro Bloom. For an extra little kick, since Ive heard Botanicare's products are kind of weak, i picked up some Liquid Karma. The dudes at the hydro shop gave me this root stimulant called ZHO. Anybody have any experience with this stuff??

Back
Top Bottom