A Potting Question

Zenmaster

i'm about to transplant some new starts i was givin a week or 2 ago and i was wondering if i wanted tall and skinny pots or the short and fat ones. or does it even matter ? ive heard that some plants like to grow shallow in dirt but some like to grow deep down wich is wich in the cannibis department ? i have some pots that are about 12 inches wide by about 6 inches deep and some others that are about 6 inches wide and about 12 inches deep. What would work better or does it matter ? Thanks for the help this site is awesome!

room i'm not to concernd about the pots will fit into what i got and the amount i'm going to put in there i just wanna know if one or the other is better or worse for the plant

yea i know i'm a moron sometimes well most the time ok all the time lol but instead of using thoes deep pots what if i use 2 rubbermaid coolers instead ? there aobut 48" long 12" wide by 16" deep and you think i could drop 2 plants in each one ? i do beleive there 8 gallon containers i found them outside gettin rained in and turnin green but if i wash them out with just water they might be ok ? the other pots i found are pretty much in the same condition grandma has a massive amount of garden shit outside all over i just gotta collect up the right stuff and ask the right questions about it

they already have bugs and had bugs i havent been able ot get rid of them but i have been able to keep there numbers way down with this soap i got but it doesnt keep them all away cause its a contact type thing and i havent gone over every single leaf with it i was goign to do that when i transplanted and then soak the whole room in it again cause that helped alot. yea i guess they would be easier to handle i'll go with the deepest pots i can find and see how they do after that and i soap em up real good i also have all kinds of neem oil but ive sprayed massive amounts on them n it hasnt even mad a diff to em much at all i'm just waiting for this mite-rid stuf to show up from australia to were i'm at in the us and hopeing that will cure my problem with these little bastids

kool i'll look into that tanks bud and yes i'm pretty sure i see little red bugs crawling over my plants

ok i found a 1 quart thing of it for 269 bucks thats wayyyyyyyy outta my price range but i'll keep searching

i tried the neem stuff and this organic insecticidal soap. mite-rid is on its way and i'm not sure what else i can do for these bugs. except order some predator mites if it comes to that. them damn things are spendy tho allot more then what ive paid for these other products but owell we'll see what happens when it happens there doing just fine right now i'm keepin there numbers down pretty well with the neem and just rubbin the leaves with this Garden Safe Insecticidal Soap from the aerogarden website

Back
Top Bottom