To start of welcome everyone to my winter DWC’s grows. Before I start, I want to send my deepest apologizes to @Prescription Blend nutrients. I won your nutrients line last year and fail to do a grow journal for your product, so this is it. There will be other sponsors named, but all of my growth update will have your tag. Again, my apologizes.

My nutrients selection will be @Prescription Blend nutrients too push the envelope in an attempt to meet or exceed manufacture yield suggestion. This is easier said than done.

So, the equipment a bamboo pole and some sting and a very large blunt or cone. Sorry wrong post. :rofl: or is it.

In my veg tent, I will be running a 100-watt led, and for flower I will be using my @MedicGrow Fold-8 from 40 to 80 % in flower tent, elevation will change.

The exhaust ventilation will be controlled by a 6” inch Infinity fan and carbon filter, the intake will just be passive. Two 6' inch rotating fans, a @VIVOSUN 6 fan and the second 6’ Inch fan is a Grow Buds.

Strain for my first attempt will be White Widow scrogged in a 4x4 net. This will be the first time I for me growing this strain, but I still think I can meet or exceed the 800 grams mention by the seed company. I will be using RO water for best results. I think the Fold -8 will give me the power I need to succeed. :nerd-with-glasses: :nervous-guy: At least that's the plan :rofl:

I just finished cleaning 5 air stones, and will be using 4- 2"x4" cylinder air stones. I normally run three or four in a 5-gallon bucket. If anyone is interested in how I clean my air stones, just ask and I will post it.

If I neglected to mention something, just mention it and I will post it.

I have already germinated and now have a White Widow seedling basting under a 100-watt led (dimmed down) and enjoying it. She is currently in a 1-gallon bucket and when she has enough roots, she will be transferred to a 2- or 3-gallon bucket. The last and finial bucket will be a standard 5-gallon bucket. The reason I do this is to save nutrients until needed. My current guess is I will be vegging about 6 weeks or so; depending my other grow finishing out and emptying the tent.

Sorry if I missed someone; I normally forget to tag anyone. :rofl:

Also, if I did tag you and you don’t want to be bother, please ignore me. :rofl:

@Prescription Blend , @MedicGrow , @The70’s , @Bill284 , @CaptainLucky , @Chuckeye , @Farmer Reading @garybo , @gwhunran , @Grand Daddy Black, @HappyHazmat88 , @HashGirl , @Jon , @Melville Hobbes , @parnelli , @ReservoirDog , @Rexer , @Savvage61 , @Skunksta , @spab1311 @Verbalist and let's not forget @West Hippie

More to come.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

To start of welcome everyone to my winter DWC’s grows. Before I start, I want to send my deepest apologizes to @Prescription Blend nutrients. I won your nutrients line last year and fail to do a grow journal for your product, so this is it. There will be other sponsors named, but all of my growth update will have your tag. Again, my apologizes.

My nutrients selection will be @Prescription Blend nutrients too push the envelope in an attempt to meet or exceed manufacture yield suggestion. This is easier said than done.

So, the equipment a bamboo pole and some sting and a very large blunt or cone. Sorry wrong post. :rofl: or is it.

In my veg tent, I will be running a 100-watt led, and for flower I will be using my @MedicGrow Fold-8 from 40 to 80 % in flower tent, elevation will change.

The exhaust ventilation will be controlled by a 6” inch Infinity fan and carbon filter, the intake will just be passive. Two 6' inch rotating fans, a @VIVOSUN 6 fan and the second 6’ Inch fan is a Grow Buds.

Strain for my first attempt will be White Widow scrogged in a 4x4 net. This will be the first time I for me growing this strain, but I still think I can meet or exceed the 800 grams mention by the seed company. I will be using RO water for best results. I think the Fold -8 will give me the power I need to succeed. :nerd-with-glasses: :nervous-guy: At least that's the plan :rofl:

I just finished cleaning 5 air stones, and will be using 4- 2"x4" cylinder air stones. I normally run three or four in a 5-gallon bucket. If anyone is interested in how I clean my air stones, just ask and I will post it.

I have already germinated and now have a White Widow seedling basting under a 100-watt led (dimmed down) and enjoying it. She is currently in a 1-gallon bucket and when she has enough roots, she will be transferred to a 2- or 3-gallon bucket. The last and finial bucket will be a standard 5-gallon bucket. The reason I do this is to save nutrients until needed. My current guess is I will be vegging about 6 weeks or so; depending my other grow finishing out and emptying the tent.

Also, if I did tag you and you don’t want to be bother, please ignore me. :rofl:

@Prescription Blend , @MedicGrow , @The70’s , @Bill284 , @CaptainLucky , @Chuckeye , @Farmer Reading @garybo , @gwhunran , @Grand Daddy Black, @HappyHazmat88 , @HashGirl , @Jon , @Melville Hobbes , @parnelli , @ReservoirDog , @Rexer , @Savvage61 , @Skunksta , @spab1311 @Verbalist and let's not forget @West Hippie

More to come.

Tok..
Looking like your off to a good start, sounds like a good plan. Happy growing. CL🍀

More to come.

Tok..
Thank you my friend. :ciao:
No wonder you took so long to start the journal, WOW :yahoo:
You put a lot of great work into documenting everything.
Appreciate it.:thanks:
I expect big things from those bean sprouts. :rofl:
I'm sure we will talk soon.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

More to come.

Tok..
this is awesome my friend,,,going to be following along closely,,, been having a few issues in the seedling stage,,,had my last 3 seeds all dampen off,,,,I think it was passed on by me using the same baggy paper towel method and not using fresh,,,will make sure of that next time,,,,,,,but yeah its all about learning from your errors,,,,but yeah Im getting there slowly,,,,just need to slow things down,,,and stop trying to get ahead of myself,,,,,,,,so the brakes been put on,,,,and going to keep it simple and not do to much,,,less to go wrong then,,,,but got the Bruce Banner f3 picking up fast now,,and I have a Zkittles OG,,,,,the others been took out didnt make it,,,,,so going to follow along,,,,,and take note of how you do things,,,,and see what I can take and make good use of,,,,,so 1st lesson is dont try to take on to much,,,and keep it simple till you got a good grip of it,,,,,,,,slow an steady an less is always best,,,,,,,so looking forward to this,,,,,so hope you dont mind me jumping aboard and picking your brains and learn some more,,,,so hope this is ok,,as been looking to upgrade my air pump,,,,so will be looking to run a max of x4gln buckets at very most,,,,,so what what you recommened for air flow 40L per min,,or would I need more,,,,,I didnt see what your pumps output was,,,,,but yeah loving your set up and cant wait to follow along,,,,and gain as much as can,,,and soak up all the knowledge and expertise,,,,so wishing you all the best my friend good luck and happy growing

More to come.

Tok..
you already got me thinking now about how I was doing things,,,,esp potting up to the 5gln,,,,will try your way next time and let her build upto the 5gln,,,as i was sprouting and waiting for roots then moving straight over to 5gln and top watered,,,,till roots reached,,,will try it your way as I knew they say to do it that way for autos,,,,,but your way seems better,,,,,

Hey Tok I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with that fold-8. Looking good so far!

Thank you for stopping by @spab1311

You mentioned seed germination problems, and in my readings, I have notice this to be a common issue. Give me a few minutes to do some research on the forum. I have not found anything yet, but will keep looking

My germination rate is somewhere around 99+ %, not bragging I just have never had any real issues germinating. Don't get me wrong, I have lost seeds before, it's just rare.

This is my process, There is nothing special about the way I germinate and it is pretty straight forward. I store all of my seeds in the refrigerator veggie ben, only taking them out for inventory and selection for my next grow.

I then place the seed in warm water for 24 to 48 hours and if it has not popped; I place it in a moist paper towel inside a plastic sandwich bag with Co2 blown in and sealed; checking for tap root once a day. After I have a tap root that is one half to 1 inch in length I place her in a moist root cube. Any type rooting cube will work. I do this wither I grow in dirt or water. after it is in the cube I spray with Rapid Roots nutrient. If you spray with a root developer just make it a weak spray, 1 or 2 ml per liter of spray. Then I normally have results a couple days later.

Some grower believe high temperature and humidity works best for germinate and for best results they are right, but I just work with what I have with temp in the 70's and RH around 60 or so.

you already got me thinking now about how I was doing things,,,,esp potting up to the 5gln,,,,will try your way next time and let her build upto the 5gln,,,as i was sprouting and waiting for roots then moving straight over to 5gln and top watered,,,,till roots reached,,,will try it your way as I knew they say to do it that way for autos,,,,,but your way seems better,,,,,
The main reason I start small and work my way up to a 5 gallon bucket is, it saves a lot of wasted nutrient. Also, gets a chance to develop roots in each bucket increment.

I need to go food shopping, so more to come on seed germination.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

More to come.

Tok..
Dude, great pic's of your steps. I can see you are getting serious and have quit "playing" around, lol.
Thanks keeping me in the loop.

Thanks for stopping by @spab1311 , @LKABudMan , and @garybo

Well I think my plans are going to change slightly. I was going to just veg for around 6 or 7 weeks. Well, knowing that she will need at least 8 weeks of veg for a large plant. I don't want a large plant I want a very large plant to be a big producer. So, I will probably veg for 10 weeks and see if that will push be close to where I want to be.

This journal is going to be some what fluid, in order to get the yield I want.
I will inform you of any chances it do.

Now for a couple images of where the White Widow is at.

That's all for now.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

Thanks for having me TR. Sorry I haven't put up a DWC grow for you to follow, I'll do my best on that in a coming cycle. I decided no summer DWC for me, too stressful. SIPs are giving me epic growth and you can get serious weight off them too.

Does that white widow look funny to you? Leaf looks like a Frisian Dew or another one of those Dutch, high-latitude cultivars with a weird leaf shape. Very exciting to watch her development, thanks for making such a great effort. I benefit so much from such careful growers like yourself, most grateful. Best to you and yours Tok, - rd

Think I will follow along as well. As always, interested in any style of DWC. Never too old to learn something new and interesting. I also have a five day old White Widow on the go for the winter, just waiting on tap roots so she can be placed in my hydro system. Grew WW four years ago and was impressed with the quality but not the quantity, learned a lot since then so hoping for something much better this time around. Intend to veg a bit longer this round. Best of luck with your grow, you are off to a great start.:lot-o-toke:

Thanks you for stopping by @ReservoirDog

Leaf looks like a Frisian Dew or another one of those Dutch, high-latitude cultivars with a weird leaf shape.
I have never grown Frisian Dew so I looked it up. Interesting strain; this will be my first DWC with White Widow in a 4x4 scrog net. I am going for the maximum yield which is 800 to 900 grams for one plant. I can normally pull 18 to 20 oz. for one DWC plant, now I want something more. :rofl:

@bluenoserjoe I am trying something a little different this time with progressive larger buckets during the grow. I am currently in a 1 gallon bucket and next week I will be using a two gallon bucket to get better roots established. This also eliminates a lot of wasted nutrients; 1/2 gallon for a 1 gallon bucket and 1 gallon for a two gallon bucket. I am trying to develop a larger root mass by finessing the roots as she grows. I will be changing her solution every 5 days to have fresh nutrients for the roots.

My WW is about two weeks old or so. We will be able to monitor our grows together and help each other if needed.
What kind of nutrient line will you be using?
I will be using @Prescription Blend nutrient line I won last year by the kindness of another. This is the first time I use this nutrient line and just hope I have enough for the whole grow.

Intend to veg a bit longer this round.
From some of the research I have been doing on WW; the suggested minimum veg is 2 months. If I am going to have half a chance at making this yield I think I may need a 3 month veg. , but she will be cured and ready for 4/20.

Here are some current images of her and her roots. Like I said she will go into a larger bucket next feed.

That's all for this update.
Asking questions is encouraged.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom