A question about Coco Coir...

Major PITA
Try to fix the cause of the problem, not the symptom.

To fix the problem I would have to move. The problem is I live in a 5th wheel trailer and it is like a little metal oven on a sunny day. I replaced the ceiling fan in the bathroom with a fan from an old heater that didn't heat any more. So it has pretty good exhaust. If I'm sitting on the john with the door closed I can feel cool air being pulled in through the cracks in the door. But even with the 6'x6" screen door I built, ajar in the doorway to allow fresh air input, it is still too much heat with the 3 lights, for the fan to handle. I should add, this is the first time I have had 3 lights going in the one room. Up 'til now it has only been two, so it was cooler.

Thank you so much for all your easy to understand answers. I am going to forget about the coco. I just thought it would be a bit of a buffer for me so I wouldn't have to buy another bale of ProMix for another month. But it sounds like you and UltraDan have the same opinion, so I won't even try it if it is going to do the opposite of what I thought it would do. Thanks to you both.

Cheers

Hi guys. A while ago, a friend of mine gave me a bag of coco coir. After I did a little research on it at the time, I discovered that it was not an easy thing to grow in and not recommended for beginners. So now I have 3 or 4 small grows under my belt, I found this bag of coco coir again. Now my question to you guys is this. It is supposed to be excellent for retaining water and nutes, so can I use it as an additive mixture in my Promix HD soil that I use? Maybe 1/3 mixed in with the soil for extra water retention? Thanks for your help.
Gronk
Of course you can on fact allot
of growers growers do. And as far as Coco coir being hard your on so not true. My first grow was in soil. I killed like 4 plants. So after that I started using Coco. I haven't had any problems since.

Back
Top Bottom