420 Magazine Background

A question about pollination for seed production

beez0404

Nug of the Month: Sept 2019 & April 2021 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2021
I have to face facts. I'm dirt poor. I need to grow a few medical marijuana plants to help offset medical issues I have suffered with for years. And I need to grow my own seeds as they are, for me, too expensive to buy.

I have been studying (on this site) about using a hormone blocking Mineral Spray on just one branch of a feminized female automatic plant and when the branch produces pollen rich sacks you sprinkle it on the rest of the plant (or select parts) which will produce female seeds.

I am wondering what the results would be of taking pollen from a male plant (different strain) grown from a regular seed and pollinating a feminized female auto flowering plant when it goes to flower. Could you expect 25% of the seeds to be auto flower females?

Would all the seeds be feminized with that pollination scenario?

I am learning so much from this site and the more I learn the more I want to know.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to my thread.

JPinkman

I dont know about pollenation, so hopefuly an expert will stop by. I do know about medical needs and being poor. Is this your first time growing? If so, you may want to get to know the plant first. Get some cheap CFLs and a bagseed. If its a female, take some clones and get more CFLs. Theyre the cheapest lights you can find, are cheap to run and while you wont get huge yields, you can get good quality and also get to know the plant.

beez0404

I dont know about pollenation, so hopefuly an expert will stop by. I do know about medical needs and being poor. Is this your first time growing? If so, you may want to get to know the plant first. Get some cheap CFLs and a bagseed. If its a female, take some clones and get more CFLs. Theyre the cheapest lights you can find, are cheap to run and while you wont get huge yields, you can get good quality and also get to know the plant.

Being over 60 I don't know anyone who smokes and might have a bag seed available. I currently have 1 itty bitty bag seed plant growing from a seed my buddy "borrowed" from his grandson's stash. If I have luck with that I'll be happy.

Buzzer777

Yeah, but all you really need to know is in the 1st few pages...Just trying to help.:)

beez0404

Yeah, but all you really need to know is in the 1st few pages...Just trying to help.:)

I read about the first 10 or 12 pages. Reminded me of a summer camp reunion movie with everyone showing up one here and one there. Unfortunately the plot of making seeds seemed to be on the back burner.

beez0404

I have an auto flower plant that has been in flower for about 2 weeks. When I first noticed it starting to flower I began spraying (actually brushing on) the feminizing spray on one of the branches. I actually applied the spray this morning but failed to notice the female pollen sacks growing on the branch. Now how cool is that? I think it will be a challenge to pollinate just the one branch that has the pollen sacks. It has been suggested that I put a long plastic bag over the whole branch once the sacks are ready to drop their pollen and shake the heck out of the branch. Again, I just don't want it flying everywhere.

Another learning experience

Can you spot the little pollen sacks?
0013513.jpg

Top Bottom