A Question About Some Barney's Farm Strains

It turns out that someone might be getting some freebie Barney's Farm seeds before too long, and he said that - if he does - I might be able to grow one or two of them. I have read a lot of conflicting reports about the breeder... some seem to really like their strains, while others say that they are rubbish and all over the place genetically. I thought I'd mention the ones that are on the list he gave me (I might not have them all correct, as it's badly scrawled on a scrap of paper) to see if anyone here has any personal - and, preferably, reasonably recent - experience with growing(/consuming) any of them.

Amnesia Lemon
Blue Cheese
Cookies Kush
Chronic Thunder
Critical Kush
Liberty Haze
Pineapple Chunk
Vanilla Kush

I prefer sativas, generally. But IF I get the opportunity to grow one or more of these, I'll probably be woefully deficient in the lighting department as I'll be starting back up from scratch with the next closest thing to zero budget.

And I'd be giving most of it away, so if any of those strains have an especial medicinal value, that would probably be helpful. Between myself and people that I know, there are people suffering from (and/or afflicted with) - and in no particular order - fibromyalgia, Crohn's disease, muscular dystrophy, rheumatoid arthritis, severe emphysema (this woman is in her 70s, is under a great deal of pain on a good day, is not in the best of health and is somewhat frail in general, has had a couple of cancer episodes in the past and might be there once again... and is still trying to work at a fairly physical job), spinal stenosis, multiple sclerosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, schizophrenia, manic bipolar, (mild) ADHD, depression, and moderate (functional) PTSD. Some have multiple issues, some will only have one. I get the impression that the old woman has (lack of) appetite issues, but when I asked her about it she said something about just being tired all the time and often simply not having enough energy to fix herself supper - so IDK. And I'm sure that there are other issues that have slipped my mind.

I thought about hunting around in our medicinal-use area. But since I have a very specific - and rather limited - selection of strains to choose from, and will not be able to order others (I don't sell and everyone I know is poor, so I won't even be getting any donations to the cause, so to speak; and I am pretty paranoid anyway), I figured it'd probably be more useful to just post the list and ask about them. Plus, I'm interested in growing information. Also in things like flavor, smell/odor, whether they are reasonably homogeneous or a crapshoot in terms of phenotypes. Height, tendency to branch (or not), et cetera. Basically, anything that you can think of that might be worth mentioning if you have personal experience with these specific strains.

Thanks!

I've been growing the Pineapple Chunk for a year or two. I prefer sativas for myself and the PC mostly goes to a patient/friend who loves it and says it helps his mental health- depression, anxiety, and insomnia mainly. It's not really what I would tend to think of as a medicinal effect- but each to their own I suppose. It's very strong though I personally don't like the effect of it nearly as much as sativas. Kind of a sled hammer to the forehead effect that lays me flat, when generally I like to be clear and up. It's still pleasant- but I have some Thai and Malawi which I love and prefer.
It's the smelliest strain I grow- with pungent and sickly sweet clinging fumes - like a small mountain of extremely ripe fruit.
This strain had a lot of bad reviews in the early days for being inconsistent. All I can say is - I planted three seeds- got three females, and grew the three phenos for a year or so before narrowing it down to one. There was almost no difference between the three. I flower 85-up to 100 days. I tend to flower longer than average though. I like that super gooey sticky ripe look.
It features quite a lot in my first journal. Several others grow it on the forum.

Half of these are copied from other breeders, but Vanilla Kush is good.

Cookies Kush has a reputation for hermies, Pineapple Chunk has a pheno that is known for extremely slow growth. I do have a friend who lived in Europe for a while and frequented Amsterdam, he has nothing but praise for Vanilla Kush.

There is one strain im very interested in from barneys,called freddys best, sativa i think could be very nice

I thought that was a Dutch Passion strain.

Back
Top Bottom