A question about timers, watts and Mars-Hydro LED lights

Skullman420

I have 3 Mars Pro II Epistar 320 and 1 Mars Pro Epistar 160 lamps from Mars-Hydro

The 160 was the first LED light I bought and the great results I have had with this lamp inspired me to buy 3 more lamps from the same company. The 160 has a remote control and timing can be programmed, so that one I plug straight into the wall. The pro II series however, comes without remote, so on these I plan to use timer(s).

The 160 I plan to use in a small "cloning-tent"
1x320 I plan to keep in a little larger tent for mother-plants
2x320 I plan to keep in the main growing room

The question is this:

one timer can handle 1000 watts. The mars-hydro lamps draw 800 watt each in bloom mode and around 350 watt in grow mode. Do I need to use one timer pr lamp like with HID and ballasts, or can I get away with running 2 of these lamps on the same timer? That would give a total draw of 1600 watts during flowering.

:goodjob:All the lights you are using are the rock stars among our lights now.:cheer:
I have 3 Mars Pro II Epistar 320 and 1 Mars Pro Epistar 160 lamps from Mars-Hydro

The 160 was the first LED light I bought and the great results I have had with this lamp inspired me to buy 3 more lamps from the same company. The 160 has a remote control and timing can be programmed, so that one I plug straight into the wall. The pro II series however, comes without remote, so on these I plan to use timer(s).

The 160 I plan to use in a small "cloning-tent"
1x320 I plan to keep in a little larger tent for mother-plants
2x320 I plan to keep in the main growing room

The question is this:

one timer can handle 1000 watts. The mars-hydro lamps draw 800 watt each in bloom mode and around 350 watt in grow mode. Do I need to use one timer pr lamp like with HID and ballasts, or can I get away with running 2 of these lamps on the same timer? That would give a total draw of 1600 watts during flowering.

The lamps are amazing Sara. I get much better results with your lights than I did with HPS :)

I also think I found the answer to my question. Since the draw is 800 watt pr lamp during flowering I should use a dedicated timer for each lamp since the total will be over 1000 watt

Found a timer that can handle 3400 watt, so now all 3 lamps share 1 timer

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Why would you not use a light controller?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Light controller? The only thing I need is light on/light off, and a timer can do that. Why would I use a light controller instead?

Back
Top Bottom