A question for all my Canadian family on this forum

leftout420

Hey everyone!

I have some questions about getting a license to grow in Canada(from the ACMPR)... I know there is a lot of Canadian on this forum so I was hopping for some answers...

How long does it take?
What do you really need to do to get 1?
How much does it cost?
Is it worth it? Or it's just a corrupted and selected few who have the right to it?(sorry for this question)
Do you need everything ready for growing before being accepted for it?
Is there any guide out there who explain everything you need to do?(I'm the visual type) beside the actual ACMPR website (they don't explane enough)

And if you have more answers than the question I just asked feel free to answer those not asked questions ;)

feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer on this threat :tokin:

:Namaste:

Hey everyone!

I have some questions about getting a license to grow in Canada(from the ACMPR)... I know there is a lot of Canadian on this forum so I was hopping for some answers...

How long does it take? I understand its 3 to 4 months after sending all the documents

What do you really need to do to get 1? Application documents including the medical confirmation that you have a condition it helps.

How much does it cost? Nothing unless you have to pay for the medical part.

Is it worth it? For residents of Quebec I would say yes - they are not planning to allow growing.

Do you need everything ready for growing before being accepted for it? No need for that.

Is there any guide out there who explain everything you need to do?(I'm the visual type) beside the actual ACMPR website (they don't explane enough) There is a link in my signature.

And if you have more answers than the question I just asked feel free to answer those not asked questions ;)

feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer on this threat :tokin:

:Namaste:

Good luck with what you decide.

I didn't use the online form, i used a clinic ( I can share that info with you if u like, they maybe able to still help out of privince). They set me up with my 5 grams a day limit ( due to a 15 year paper trail of back issues provided by my family doctor.), my Skype doctors appointment and my paperwork for like $200. They're not allowed to charge you to send in or fill in the paperwork , but I was happy to pay it for what they called consultation fees or something like that. The process took about 4 months and is now longer than that from what I understand. You're also responsible for a criminal background check done by your local police station....mine was $50.

It takes some time. I did it as I got into this and mine was delivered in good time for me. Do yourself a favour and get it done asap and forget about it as you do your research. Their were no police or otherwise checks in advance to me getting my ACMPR permit.

I got my recommendation June 29, 2017. I received my license Dec 8, 2017. Total time spent twiddling my thumbs - 5-1/2 months. Apparently it's taking even longer now, although they have added people to try and speed things up. Health Canada told me it currently takes 6-8 weeks to renew your license.

I heard a rumor here that Health Canada was changing up a couple of the regulations. The license is now supposed to run from the time you are approved for the length of time specified in your recommendation, so you won't lose growing time to their process. You should also be able to switch licensed producers without getting a new recommendation. You contact your current licensed producer, and they have to return your recommendation which you then send to your new choice.

I got my recommendation June 29, 2017. I received my license Dec 8, 2017. Total time spent twiddling my thumbs - 5-1/2 months. Apparently it's taking even longer now, although they have added people to try and speed things up. Health Canada told me it currently takes 6-8 weeks to renew your license.

I heard a rumor here that Health Canada was changing up a couple of the regulations. The license is now supposed to run from the time you are approved for the length of time specified in your recommendation, so you won't lose growing time to their process. You should also be able to switch licensed producers without getting a new recommendation. You contact your current licensed producer, and they have to return your recommendation which you then send to your new choice.

thank you Old Salt that info is really good thank you very much ;)

Back
Top Bottom