A Question for Experts Only!

spudush

If are not sure or just assume DONT REPLY PLEASE this just confuses me please.

Now, Whats up Experts?

So, My plant is about 2 weeks to finish. all buds and tons of Hairs ( + - 8 weeks unknown strain but SativaISH)

My question is: If I had a HERMIE next to it, and lets say its been Polinated, (only found 3 4 bannanas), Will my plant Still finish its flowering cycle? As the Trichromes are still as Clear as they can be. will they change to amber as well as making SEEDS at the same time? or should I chop now as the plant will only spend its whole energy on making them fuckin seeds?

Thank you!!!

Seems like saying that advice from not so experienced growers is not welcomed might end up with you not getting any answers at all. But I will help out by bumping the thread. Good luck and I hope the "experts" come to your aid.

Thanxxxxx ... so what do u think?? U dont need to be an expert but just know gor sure what the plant does at this point. Im do upset.. its like 3 oz... what now :-:)-:)-:)-:)-(

Sometimes in late flowering as a last effort to ensure the survival of her genes, females start producing nanners. Those don't usually have the power to pollinate nearby plants, only a couple of her buds.
Whatever you decide to do is the right thing.
Firstly I would pick those bananas with a wet paper towel to make sure they don't burst open. You can keep the pollen if you want too because female pollen is a good way to make fem seeds yourself ( if the female got self pollinated the seeds that result from this will be feminized because there was no male involved, but they will have a % chance to be hermies themselves, but if you use this pollen on another female in early flower those seeds will be 100% fem ).
I would let her finish, and if there are any seeds keep them, but take into consideration that seeds take anywhere from 3 weeks to a month to mature. Mature seeds are dark color and have the characteristic tiger stripes.
Hope this helped. Good luck!

Sometimes in late flowering as a last effort to ensure the survival of her genes, females start producing nanners. Those don't usually have the power to pollinate nearby plants, only a couple of her buds. Whatever you decide to do is the right thing.
Firstly I would pick those bananas with a wet paper towel to make sure they don't burst open. You can keep the pollen if you want too because female pollen is a good way to make fem seeds yourself ( if the female got self pollinated the seeds that result from this will be feminized because there was no male involved, but they will have a % chance to be hermies themselves ).
I would let her finish, and keep the seeds, but take into consideration that seeds take anywhere from 3 weeks to a month to mature.
Hope this helped. Good luck!

firstly, THANK YOU for the long answer!!!!

I think u got me wrong or maybe i did not explain myself well enough.

The other hermie plant is out. Only got the big almost Ready plant i was talking about. This plant Has NO bannanas!!! never did!! It got polinated!! cause i can see the WHAT EVER ITS NAME IS when opened Young small premature Seeds!!!! so it never was a hermie, the other hermie i had faking polinated the big lady.

So now its the same question as before! just hope im clear!

Will my plant only grow ONLY tons of seeds? cause i see many sites, OR WILL THE THC /TRICHROMES will still keep on producing as the enerdy is devided between both making seeds and more hairs and thc ) Tri are clear as hell and can see new hairs as well as seeds beeing produced.

forgive my spelling mistakes ... not american :]

Since I have done this I guess I can offer my 2c.

One of my Durban's hermied on the first grow, it pollinated its sister. I let both plants finish, the yield on the one that didn't hermie (but did get pollinated) was excellent and the quality was too; each bud only had a few seeds.

On my second grow I used some of that seed. Of three plants, 2 were females and 1 hermied. I pulled them all early and ended up with some light pollination on my Northern Lights. Again, I let them finish, good yield, great smoke. Same thing, just a few seeds per bud. I'm now growing those out.

End of 2c. :)

Since I have done this I guess I can offer my 2c.

One of my Durban's hermied on the first grow, it pollinated its sister. I let both plants finish, the yield on the one that didn't hermie (but did get pollinated) was excellent and the quality was too; each bud only had a few seeds.

On my second grow I used some of that seed. Of three plants, 2 were females and 1 hermied. I pulled them all early and ended up with some light pollination on my Northern Lights. Again, I let them finish, good yield, great smoke. Same thing, just a few seeds per bud. I'm now growing those out.

End of 2c. :)

thanks!!!!! but Now i understand why for the last + - 10 days it seems like my lazy has been STUNED!! can see any Width or change coloration if TRICHO but just some new hairs...

What the helll.. :[ this is the only thing i have... or spend 30 $ for 1 gram and usually badddddd shit.

It's okey, I am not a native English-speaker either.

If she does grow tons of seeds I would consider yourself lucky, because all of them will be females :high-five:
She will finish flowering like a not pollinated girl, and make seeds at same time, but this won't affect her potency at all, but you will have less weed to smoke of course.
Make sure before you chop her down that those seeds are good and mature, and at the end let them dry for at least a month before you store them in a cool dark place ( the fridge is the best choice, seeds can sit there for years, just make sure you do let them dry out good before and all moisture is out before putting them in there ).
Seeds don't affect potency just yield, and it isn't all lost so don't stress about this. You could chop her down now, but you would lose more then you would gain by giving up on some grams of smokable weed.

If she does grow tons of seeds I would consider yourself lucky, because all of them will be females :high-five:
Actually if the hermie was genetic and not environmentally caused then a percentage of the seeds will also hermie.....

Perhaps I understood him incorrect, because if the other one only had "bananas" it means it was already in flower and not a true hermie with pollen sacks / preflowers?

Now you're past my expertise. I don't know if that means it is not a genetic hermie or not. All I know for sure is so far from my Durban seeds that were pollinated by a hermie, 3 have been female (counting the one from my current grow) and one was a hermie.

Here is first result I found on google:

"Plants turn hermaphroditic in two ways. Some plants are programmed genetically as hermaphrodites. These plants will produce male flowers on female plants no matter what environmental situations they face. Other plants are induced to grow male flowers under stress conditions. Some plants may be more genetically predisposed to hermaphrodite under stress, but all plants may exhibit male flowers as a sign of stress created by growing conditions. This hermaphroditism is not genetic and does not affect the plant's progeny. Sometimes plants that aren't hermaphroditic outdoors will grow male flowers when grown indoors as a stress response. Stresses can include lighting regimen irregularities, low light conditions or response to hormones.
If a genetic hermaphrodite is crossed to a non-hermaphroditic female, about half of the resulting plants will be hermaphroditic. If the hermaphroditism was caused by environmental factors, then none, some or all of the progeny will exhibit male flowers depending on whether the plants have inherited a tendency towards hermaphroditism under stress conditions and whether the plants face those conditions.
"

Guyes Love u.

Listen, the Hermie who polinated the Girl was to my openion stressed due to beeing OUTDOORS and had to be moved inside... most probebly environmentally.

Tadenshi,, when u said: "Perhaps I understood him incorrect, because if the other one only had "bananas" it means it was already in flower and not a true hermie with pollen sacks / preflowers?"

it was flowring beautifuly!!!!!!! and then BUMMMMMM Bannanas... just a few at 3rd week of flowering. what do u mean TRUE hermie, if u only have Sacks its a Male.. no? if u get hairs and Bannanas can be BOTH environmentally and Genaticly.

So what DO U THINK NOW ?? its getting interesting :]

By true hermie I meant one that was a genetic hermie, which had both male and female flowers from the start.

from the start means they start to show up exactly at the same time? or just a genetic intervention??

and again, so u would dtill say i should keep the laday? (the hermie is out).

Yes I would still keep her. Your choice though.
Genetic hermies grow pollen sacks and pistils at same time.

Here is first result I found on google:

"Plants turn hermaphroditic in two ways. Some plants are programmed genetically as hermaphrodites. These plants will produce male flowers on female plants no matter what environmental situations they face. Other plants are induced to grow male flowers under stress conditions. Some plants may be more genetically predisposed to hermaphrodite under stress, but all plants may exhibit male flowers as a sign of stress created by growing conditions. This hermaphroditism is not genetic and does not affect the plant's progeny. Sometimes plants that aren't hermaphroditic outdoors will grow male flowers when grown indoors as a stress response. Stresses can include lighting regimen irregularities, low light conditions or response to hormones.
If a genetic hermaphrodite is crossed to a non-hermaphroditic female, about half of the resulting plants will be hermaphroditic. If the hermaphroditism was caused by environmental factors, then none, some or all of the progeny will exhibit male flowers depending on whether the plants have inherited a tendency towards hermaphroditism under stress conditions and whether the plants face those conditions.
"
This explains better then I could ever do it.

Would be interesting to see what your seeds will end up to be.

Back
Top Bottom